Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killa_Byte

why a new warframe when somany old ones need a re-work?

11 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

That is the problem. No matter what no one is ever staisfied ever. With a community like this It's really hard to do anything. Honestly if the devs would complete stop paying attention to us i would not be surprised.

They will not, I dislike a lot of the things the Devs have been doing recently (or more accurately not doing) , but they do listen. 

but they will cater to new players more than they will those that have been around longer (not due to malice, just common sense from business perspective as New players have a higher tendency to spend Plat, while older players have means to earn Plat without actually paying ) 

And yes, the community is very varied and there will never be a way to please every single one, does not mean no one should raise their concerns.

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

They will not, I dislike a lot of the things the Devs have been doing recently (or more accurately not doing) , but they do listen. 

but they will cater to new players more than they will those that have been around longer (not due to malice, just common sense from business perspective as New players have a higher tendency to spend Plat, while older players have means to earn Plat without actually paying ) 

And yes, the community is very varied and there will never be a way to please every single one, does not mean no one should raise their concerns.

Only if we it would be that. But this very thread is just an other crying post. 

Be critical sure. But why cry after every single update. 

I saw a guy who complained that the Leverian was cancelled. While it was there. He was just too lazy look for it and came here to cry instead.

That is just unacceptable for me. Which is probably good because i wouldn't just deleted that post. 

20 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Only if we it would be that. But this very thread is just an other crying post. 

Be critical sure. But why cry after every single update. 

I saw a guy who complained that the Leverian was cancelled. While it was there. He was just too lazy look for it and came here to cry instead.

That is just unacceptable for me. Which is probably good because i wouldn't just deleted that post. 

Which gives us as a community a chance to correct said individual, if he was silent he would still be ignorant. 

We cannot help every entitled player, nor should we, but we can at least tell said person why his thinking is wrong (or right) 

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Which gives us as a community a chance to correct said individual, if he was silent he would still be ignorant. 

We cannot help every entitled player, nor should we, but we can at least tell said person why his thinking is wrong (or right) 

Fair point.

As DE has stated, the problem is that reworks/changes don't bring in the player numbers that new content does.

So new content takes priority over changing the old

25 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

As DE has stated, the problem is that reworks/changes don't bring in the player numbers that new content does.

So new content takes priority over changing the old

The problem is "New content" is just old recycled stuff.

New players bring in the money, that about sums up their motives. Veterans know how to earn things while most newer players don't, so they buy the PA or plat straight up. 

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The problem is "New content" is just old recycled stuff.

I suppose even if they release something "completely" new, you would say this.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

I suppose even if they release something "completely" new, you would say this.

I suppose even if i write this is the most beautiful game in this world, you would write that...

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

I suppose even if i write this is the most beautiful game in this world, you would write that...

Yup.

8 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Yea it's not like anybody is getting a rework at the moment. Say, I wonder how vauban is doing? 

maybe ask that next year XD

2 thoughts on this 

DE needs money to develop new content. 

Without some thing to spend money on they dont make money to develop said content or pay the people to make the consent.

All of my main frames need changes made to them.

Zephyr is my fave and she needs a rework.  But I still love her regardless.

All of that takes money

13 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

its cause of 

1. DE makes money off of people buying plat to get the new stuff, so without new items going into the game regularly they dont make as much money.

2. cause of people wanting new content quite often an so DE has to push out new stuff to try an keep some of these people content for a month or so.

3. the amount of work that goes into a warframe rework is quite abit.
how well the new abilities fit the frames theme
how well these abilities will work in solo an group play
how will these new abilities look

One or two new frames is not sustainable content. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

One or two new frames is not content. 

I think they mean that they need to make things people will buy in order to finance content

with the money they surely make they should have a team of like 10-15 people who dedicate only to frames abilities and balance, I think the problem might be that all its centralized and things do get some time due that.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

One or two new frames is not sustainable content. 

What is?

59 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Not 1 or 2 new frames, I know that much.

So you have no idea. That is nice.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

So you have no idea. That is nice.

Well my idea of sustainable content would be drastically different from someone else's. So there'd be no point in in trying to express it just to be laughed off. Again, we need more sustainable content, 2 new frames arent it. And really dude, come on, I haven't done anything to warrant your smartass responses.

Hype generates revenue.

The revamp of something old doesn't typically generate as much hype as something new, unless the revamp is so drastically different that it makes the old object seem new. This is why, in most games, you'll generally see new endeavors focused on over old tweaks...as they ensure greater revenue generation over revamps on products that have, likely, generated the majority of the revenue they're going to bring in and won't produce as much hype regardless. You'd be better off asking the development team to make it so that with each new frame released, an old one in need of being revamped is revamped alongside it.

This would actually work out better for them...as it would increase hype over the revamp by lumping it alongside new content...leaving the entire community feeling as though they're getting more "new S#&$" even when half of what's now released is old S#&$ with a facelift. It's weird how this works, psychologically...but it is what it is. Even if much revenue isn't generated from the revamped content, the psychological boost of older material reworked alongside newer products being released causes the hype generation to be much higher than even when simply new content is released on its own...as the entire world itself continues to change, evolve, etc. This means people stay online longer, which increases the chance that they pay money for something that catches their eye.

Hype Scale:

Something new coupled with a revamp of something old > Something new > revamp of something old

Personally, I think the same should be done with free-roam areas. Anytime there's a new free-roam area, it should be released alongside reworks and expansions of the previous free-roam areas. Not sure if they did that with the Plains of Eidolon when Orb Valis was released or not, but I'd sure like to see such done in the future. Any new update should be paired with a revamp of old content.

I'm pretty new to Warframe, so I have no idea how they work with their updates...just providing the way I see it on a general scale.

because this isn't a game made by 5 people.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Well my idea of sustainable content would be drastically different from someone else's. So there'd be no point in in trying to express it just to be laughed off. Again, we need more sustainable content, 2 new frames arent it. And really dude, come on, I haven't done anything to warrant your smartass responses.

You did tho.

But I don't care much honestly.

10 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

You did tho.

But I don't care much honestly.

At this point it just feels like bait. I didn't do anything from what I can see, but whatever, Im over it now.