Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong - Cloudwalker

Shatom

With Wukong's cloudwalker abillity, I'm having some strange issues. It's like he sometimes get's off centered from camera, and when you exit the cloud he will randomly go to a side, or the opposite of what I'm pressing. It's really frustrating to try and play with. It's Wukong Prime if that makes any difference.

• Like 2

I'm running into this issue as well! Cloudwalker seems to be retaining your momentum upon cast, with up/down momentum being retained throughout the ability, and horizontal momentum being reapplied at the end of it. It's really weird.

Quoting myself from the main bug report thread:

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Wukong's Cloud Walker seems to "snapshot" the player's momentum during the cast, and somehow retain it throughout the duration of the ability.

• Downward momentum is retained, and "pushes" Wukong downward at a constant speed. Resets upon touching the ground. Doesn't seem to care about momentum from ground slams, though.
  • Upward momentum is retained, and "pushes" Wukong upward at a constant speed. Cannot be canceled except by deactivating the ability, even when touching the ground or a ceiling.
  • Horizontal momentum seems to disappear immediately after the initial casting animation is complete (as it should), but deactivating the ability will immediately reintroduce this momentum to Wukong, launching him in whatever direction (and speed) he was moving at during the initial cast. Even momentum from certain melee attacks is retained in this manner. Can be canceled/prevented by letting go of WASD while Cloud Walker is active.

A fix for this would be hugely appreciated!

Also, Void Dashing seems to retain the operator's momentum as well, as per https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1124013-momentum-carried-over-in-void-dash-electricity-graphics-bug/. Horizontal momentum, at least-- it's hard to tell if vertical is retained since Void mode "dampens" vertical movement in a similar way to aimgliding. Maybe this is related?

Still kinda new to the forums, I rarely speak up. Sorry to have missed what you wrote in the main bug report forum.

Your explination is much better, I just felt something was off. Hope a fix for this is coming fast(ish) because he is definitely not fun to play with at the moment.