Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cinematic Mode, A New Way To Play.

Sixty5

Well hello there!

My name is Sixty5, and today I will be talking to you about a challenge/game mode that I have come up with.

This is Cinematic Mode, where you turn off your HUD and role-play using a set of arbitrary rules, as if the mission you were playing was a part of a movie.

Here is a little video example I have put together, with the rules/backstory underneath.

This mission is undertaken by a single Banshee, using only a suppressed pistol. The objective is to capture the target without the alarm being raised. Furthermore scanners throughout the ship mean that use of abilities is limited in order to hinder study and reverse engineering.

Rules:

HUD is turned off.

No movement system abuse.

Primary weapon can only be scavenged from dead enemies (gotta find it before using it) and must also appear stock.

Mission will fail if the alarm is raised before the target is captured

No more than 10 abilities may be cast throughout the mission.

The idea behind this is to make the game more challenging, and to add depth to missions. The big advantage here is that with the Rules being arbitrary (Except for No HUD and No abusing movement) you can make your run as difficult as you like. Also this allows differentiation of player skill, by the success or lack of it on certain runs, and the time taken to complete them.

So get out there, do a Cinematic Run and post it here for everyone to see, and show off your awesome skills.

Also I'll be doing some more of these since I find them fun, so post some suggestions below.

Very good looking.

And very promising.

Although, let's make this gamemode optional.

Some people just aren't cut out for stealth.

I'm not asking for it in-game, its more of a fun challenge for you to do on your own. Also you don't have to set stealth as a rule, instead you could use something like, never taking health damage.

I've actually wanted to do something like this on my own, with a silencer mod on my Latron Prime. :D

record it and post it here! I'd love to see someone else try accurate shooting with no HUD. I won't lie, I'd done a fair bit of practice before the recording of that video.

record it and post it here! I'd love to see someone else try accurate shooting with no HUD. I won't lie, I'd done a fair bit of practice before the recording of that video.

get an Ignis XD

on topic: too bad i cant record videos... i get huge fps drops and the vid comes out to be even more laggy and crap to watch :(

Zombie Apocalypse:

Conditions:

Only basic bullet-based guns. - You're only a civilian. (Bullet-based does not mean Bullet damage. If it deals impact damage but still shoots bullets, it counts.)

Only hand-to-hand, single daggers or Prova. - Anything you would generally find walking around an infected town.

Poisonous weapons can only use one clip/40 slashes. - Don't let it spread!

Infested Survival - Just refer to oxygen packs and life support capsules as disinfectants and you're good to go.

To use a power, you must first find a module. Each time you cast a power, you must find another module. - These special machines are capable of being lethal.

Survive to 15 minutes. Use a stopwatch or something to keep the time.

Edited by AlchemistMute

get an Ignis XD

I have one and I loves it.

on topic: too bad i cant record videos... i get huge fps drops and the vid comes out to be even more laggy and crap to watch :(

Zombie Apocalypse:

Conditions:

Only basic bullet-based guns. - You're only a civilian.

Only hand-to-hand, single daggers or Prova. - Anything you would generally find walking around an infected town.

Poisonous weapons can only use one clip/40 slashes. - Don't let it spread!

Infested Survival - Just refer to oxygen packs and life support capsules as disinfectants and you're good to go.

To use a power, you must first find a module. Each time you cast a power, you must find another module. - These special machines are capable of being lethal.

Survive to 15 minutes. Use a stopwatch or something to keep the time.

Sounds challenging. Except for the part where I can use the Sobek. Lol

My contribution to the Cinematic Mode thread :

Orokin Assassin - Cinematic Mode

Loadout :

- "Orokin" Ash (just a color palette set)

- Paris

- Lato (suppressed, even though it sounds just as loud)

- Fang

- No alarms raised (managed to eliminate anyone who would attempt to start one; got a close call once);

- Most kills before meeting the target were silent and went undetected;

- Target eliminated with extreme prejudice.