Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"adjustable Fusion Levels"

NeroRegis

Exactly as the title says!

I was busy creating some mod-builds for some of my weapons and warframes not too long ago, when it hit me upon being busy fusing my Serration a little higher.
Seeing as how it's quite the costly operation to undergo the fusing all of your mods to a maximum level, or any level you need it to be.

So, I figured it'd be a hell of a thing if you - In the mod equip screen -  would be given an option to lower, or up the fusion level of the mod you have currently equipped. Ofcourse you can't go any higher than you've fused sofar - but implementing 'such' a sytem might just take care of some of the prerequisitional grinding that's required in a few situations to advance in the game.However, trying to fuse the same mod 2 or 3 times just isn't very fun (repetitive) also, it's confusing cause it takes up more mod spaces, and it's just not very 'original' to have to farm the same mod, only to repeat the massively painful process of getting like, a max seration, or redirection :)

Ofcourse there is also room for restrictions to not make it to easier, like the sentinel rule that has already been implemented where you can't equip your main weapon mods on the sentinel's weapon.  I don't think the game needs to become 'easier' in terms of gameplay. It's just a few of these endless grinds that need some inovative solutions (All from my perspective!)

On a last note, when I consider the possibility of adjustable mod levels, I envision people gaining much more playspace to $&*^ around with their mods. (You could take 1 point off of a warframe skill, and 2 off of redirection and vitality to fit in a 5 costing mod you wouldn't be able to fit in otherwise!

Just an idea ^^
-Logician93

PS: I wasn't sure what part of the forums to post this. Excuse me if this isn't the right place :)

Edited by logician1993

This would probably go better under gameplay feedback. 

As to powering down mods, a similar Idea was presented to DE and I think it was decided that if something like that were to be implemented, it would be a one way street and you'd have to re fuse the mods back to max if you wanted them there. I do think that it's a wonderful idea though and I hope they reconsider.

This would probably go better under gameplay feedback. 

As to powering down mods, a similar Idea was presented to DE and I think it was decided that if something like that were to be implemented, it would be a one way street and you'd have to re fuse the mods back to max if you wanted them there. I do think that it's a wonderful idea though and I hope they reconsider.

This, as a system where you could freely choose from the levels you've already unlocked would be too logical. They proposed a lossy system where you'd have to re-level your mod from the level you unfused it to.

So for serration, Redirection, Vitality and other 10-rank mods, I say truck. that.

Thanks for the helpful information guys :) I personally dont keep track of all the livestreams / development updates & information so I might be coming up with already previously considered mechanics for some part yet, I figured that some feedback is better than none though!