Sign in to follow this  
Esk42

the new lighting system hurts, please revert it.

no combination of enabled or disabled settings results in the game being comfortable to play the game, and yes before people ask i have toggled HDR and adaptive exposure with many other setting combinations. the game is simply less comfortable to play than the last patch for no perceivable gain. DE seriously reconsider this patches lighting changes.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

Lighting wasnt changed. Metallic textures were, but some textures seem to be overly reflective.

then why are massive chunks of maps far too dark and others far too bright suddenly? why is the lighting in certain rooms of the grineer galleon screwed up? the orbvalis is significantly brighter as well. they changed far more than just the metallic textures. unless they made dirt and snow out of metal

Agreed. Terrible update miscalculation on DE's part. Everything has a white tint now and everything is overexposed from warframes and navigation map to open world (Plains and horrible in Vallis) and other tilesets (Grineer, horrible in Corpus ones everything is glowing etc.)

So this is why my orbiter is suddenly much brighter after the patch than it was before...
I do hope they fix this, but this happens roughly every time that DE touches the lighting system in some small way and takes a week or two to get it back to "normal".