Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime's Color Options

BBYipho

Been thinking on where to put this and since it is a Warframe I guess here would be better? (Art didn't feel like the right place after glancing.) Skip to the bottom if you just want all this information quicker and to the point.

Anyway I feel I should give feedback on Mag Prime's color selection... Especially the secondary color option that feels like a major one for me. (Not reviewing helmet since this is about the body more.)

5UESskN.jpg

(Secondary colored to show the problem.)

This gold trim feels very last minute and was put over a main color selection almost like a complete accident(?) or just to speed up the process of sending her out.

The other primes feel like they've had a little more thought put into them. Most notably Excalibur with the unique trim for his colors. Frost also has a unique trim with fewer random gold plates on his body but enough to still be noticeable. Neither of them have the ability to change them. Which is fine for them since it didn't effect their color selection heavily as it does to Mag currently.

Lets look at the model real quick. There is now a trim, opposite of the gold, showing on her legs that is colored but only with the Primary color making this new feature just another tint. There is the obvious floating shoulder pieces and the floating pieces over her thighs. These feel more tacked on if we compare it to Excalibur's unique parts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel I'm ranting too much. Let me make it simple.

• Secondary color has a gold gloss making the customization feel a bit limited.

• The new trim on her legs isn't very customizable and only creates a tinted layer on the primary color.

• Uses Mag's original color options. No unique trim like other Primes.

• The model is virtually the same just with 4 floating pieces attached and original parts colored in gold.

What would be nice to see.

• A unique colorable trim like the other Primes.

• Secondary color moved off the gold gloss or the gloss moved to other parts.

• At least make her coils and magnet arm piece more fancy. (Not major but just comparing to Excalibur again.)

Anyway other then that. I do enjoy the attention Mag has been getting over the past few months. I appreciate DE for putting work to make her a more enjoyable frame. It just feels color selection wise this is the most limited frame in Warframe currently.

I was originally going to give it my old color scheme since I feel it did look nice with gold in it. I've spent at least an hour or two trying to figure out how to do this frame's color with this problem. Still couldn't set it to anyway I enjoy.

Anyway other then that. I do enjoy the attention Mag has been getting over the past few months. I appreciate DE for putting work to make her a more enjoyable frame. It just feels color selection wise this is the most limited frame in Warframe currently.

I agree except, you forgot about colouring Ash which feels like pulling teeth. But maybe that's just me.