Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

volt Speed feeling is nerf

pkolpkol9

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Are you saying that it feels like this update made Volt's Speed give less of a speed buff?

Or are you looking at Gauss, and now feel slow by comparison on Volt?...

If I understand this correctly, it seems DE made Volt's dumb as S#&$ "slippy feet" animation go away and he doesn't "ice slide" everywhere with high speed anymore. It's just a visual change but people are conspiracy theorists and think they nerfed volts speed for gauss launch. (They didnt)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Are you saying that it feels like this update made Volt's Speed give less of a speed buff?

I think it's the feeling of Volt, Before and After, and not a comparison.
I think DE changed something with the initial friction calculations, or something, because you don't just Burst forward like you use to, but need to sorta ramp up to get to the speed.

Yes, this was a thing before, but I think they just slightly tweaked it to make it less Jarring for players, but that change also makes it feel less Immediate and Strong.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I mean, you can feel the speed of volt before, but now that feeling is gone.

Edited by pkolpkol9

46 minutes ago, Sovereign991 said:

If I understand this correctly, it seems DE made Volt's dumb as S#&$ "slippy feet" animation go away and he doesn't "ice slide" everywhere with high speed anymore. It's just a visual change but people are conspiracy theorists and think they nerfed volts speed for gauss launch. (They didnt)

Only that they did, i main Volt and at max speed so i know when something's wrong but this isn't just slightly it feels like i got him on 150% strength now, even the animation is slower.

10 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

Only that they did, i main Volt and at max speed so i know when something's wrong but this isn't just slightly it feels like i got him on 150% strength now, even the animation is slower.

It's a perception issue. They toned down the animation to seems consistent, but it feels slower. You're still getting the same speed. Not that I agree with the change, I'm just saying that you think you're going slower because the animation doesn't line up. If enough people say that it feels off, it will get changed.

Edited by Sajochi

47 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

You're right bud, DE nefariously nerfed the frame that's used for his shields for tridolon and 4 for eso clearing, and sometimes people meme a 315% powstr. for starchart for movespeed, to boost the sales for gauss. But they didnt put it in the patch notes because remember, NEFARIOUS.

Or, in the real world, they changed his animations and you're conflating the difference in appearance with a nerf.

At worst whatever loss in speed there MAY be would be a bug at best and fixed in an upcoming hotfix.

Edited by Sovereign991

25.7.4 + 25.7.4.1

I usually run Speed Volt on quick mission and yes he is super slow now.  Over 300% strength, yet it feels he's running at 150%.  Not sure if DE purposely intend this to make Gauss look good, and if it is, that is a Retarded move if you as me.  And if DE do intend to fix this hope it is soon since a couple hot fix already went by.

The acceleration feels slower now... The speed still gets up to the same level I think, it's just not as quickly as before.

Animations could affect perception,  but then again I don't want to hear that from people that read posts and don't play Volt as much as I do, or can't provide a way to do A/B comparisons....

• 2 weeks later...

I did a race with Volt against Gauss. Gauss was almost as quick as my volt and my volt is slightly over 300%. From the LOOKS of it, volt wasn’t nerfed but the crazy vibrations like my volt is having a seizure has calmed down. I also sped up a Gauss in the Plains and he reached 1,000 meters in 3-4 seconds. 

So I don’t think Volt was “nerfed”. I think they made the animation smoother so it feels like he is to some people. Basically a placebo. 

To me, he is still super fast. I thought he was slower at first too till I kept flying into walls and such while running. Which is what happened with Volt before. It’s like I get stuck on things a lot easier at high speeds. 

Too me volt speed is still the same. And I tested it too sooo... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-30 at 8:06 AM, DeathDweller said:

I main Volt as well, and made a post about this as soon as the update dropped, and people we saying "nothing has been changed, except the animation" I disagree. I like you feel like max strength feels like 150% now too. It feel like the acceleration to get up to speed take much longer, but in a big open area he does start picking up to the  momentum I was use to. It just takes a while to get going, not this instant acceleration like it use to be.

5 hours ago, (PS4)silvia95guy said:

I main Volt as well, and made a post about this as soon as the update dropped, and people we saying "nothing has been changed, except the animation" I disagree. I like you feel like max strength feels like 150% now too. It feel like the acceleration to get up to speed take much longer, but in a big open area he does start picking up to the  momentum I was use to. It just takes a while to get going, not this instant acceleration like it use to be.

It has been confirmed many times that the only thing changed was the animation. Everything else (speed, acceleration time) is the same. 

With that said, Id love for them to revert the animation change. Volt feels slower by such a margin that it hurts playing him 

4 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

It has been confirmed many times that the only thing changed was the animation. Everything else (speed, acceleration time) is the same. 

With that said, Id love for them to revert the animation change. Volt feels slower by such a margin that it hurts playing him 

I agree. The "ZOOM" effect is gone. He just feels like every other frame now, and it's not as exciting for sure. Those who got nauseous just can't handle the speed. I loved it! Now, not so much. lol

I'm pretty happy with the Volt changes,

it seems partially intended to make Gauss look more appealing to former Volt mains.

Any rate I'm seeing a lot less Volts in public, and more Gauss and Wukong cloud walkers instead.

which is really nice since I no longer have to do constant backflips to opt-out of Volt Speed Boost Spam. Yet the speedrunners can still be moving fast on their own.

Good Job DE, encouraging players to try out other Warframes.

On 2019-08-30 at 8:20 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

because you don't just Burst forward

This may be to fix those who despise getting a speed buff.
Perhaps it's an attempt to not be so jarring to them.
Might have been trying it out, might work, maybe not.
Will be interested to see if "Stop volt speed buff" threads slow off.