Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knockdown/failure Because The Hostage Is Too Lazy To Walk.

RushingL

Usually I got a party which's very well playing a rescue quest.

But about 50% of my rescue runs, the hostage aborts to walk with me because he cant run the parcours, doesn't want to stand in an elevator or simply is not able to coöperate with us and stand behind a block while my team is fighting the opponents. 

Could some developer work on the hostage to fix this? It would help me to have less failures which are out of my control. Maybe could someone upgrade the walk and run facilities/abilities of the hostage like a warframe could run and walk.

I would appreciate it when this would be fixed.

Kind regards,

RushingL

Edited by RushingL

BC lotus doesn't want us to melt the Hostages faces off

while that is funny, he does bring up a point.  We're able to capture entire beings by deconstructing them on a molecular level, and what i can only assume reverse that process once we return( its hard to tell because lore doesn't really tell us what happens, but one can hazard a guess). Taking this into account, the operative that we are rescuing would actually be better off by hiding within a nether realm, immune to gunfire, and being reconstructed once they're off the ship, which oddly enough as is he never boards.

Fortunately, the hostage doesn't actually have to make it to the extraction point, he just has to be alive when *you* get there.  What I usually do is clear out a floor/room pretty well to make sure I leave the hostage in a safe place, and then just run to extraction by myself.  If you're on a team, you can have one person stay with the hostage to protect them while the rest of the team goes to extraction and lets the timer run down. 

Not the greatest solution, but it's an option until the AI is improved a bit...

I know your pain... But lately I have no felt it as strongly. The hostage AI has been oddly cooperative for me lately, to be honest... Now if only the idiot would fire their gun.

I wouldn't want the idiot firing their gun, given how stupid the hostage can be sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised if I or my teammates starting catching bullets from behind.

That, and I'm not even sure it's a real gun; could just be a case of the hostage being crazy and trying to build one from toothbrushes and toilet paper. Note that they start in the cell with it, either that or prisons in Warframe are really lax. :-P

Fortunately, the hostage doesn't actually have to make it to the extraction point, he just has to be alive when *you* get there.  What I usually do is clear out a floor/room pretty well to make sure I leave the hostage in a safe place, and then just run to extraction by myself.  If you're on a team, you can have one person stay with the hostage to protect them while the rest of the team goes to extraction and lets the timer run down. 

I often do the same.

Instead of seeing improved AI for the hostage, I would rather have the ability to BE the hostage. Even if I can't attack at all, I would still be a lot more useful than AI can possibly be.

I wouldn't want the idiot firing their gun, given how stupid the hostage can be sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised if I or my teammates starting catching bullets from behind.

That, and I'm not even sure it's a real gun; could just be a case of the hostage being crazy and trying to build one from toothbrushes and toilet paper. Note that they start in the cell with it, either that or prisons in Warframe are really lax. :-P

Heh, good point.

Also, has anyone taken a close look at the gun? It appears to be a modern-day gun, not a futuristic space gun like every other weapon in the game. Perhaps that is why it isn't fired? The thing is so old that it doesn't shoot anymore? XD

Edited by RyojinOrion

I would like to do the same in the near future, but when I do a rescue alert of about 6 - 9K bonus credits (excluding quest credits) and I am the one who stays at the hostage I don't earn the credits of the alert because I didn't make it to the final spot. When that could be changed for rescue missions it would help me out clearing rescue mission including receiving all credits.

Edited by RushingL

Oh, yesterday was extremely funny for me. There was a rescue alert mission at pluto. With the new alert level scaling system, those corpus got buff up to Lvl 100-120. And guess how much damage can our hostage can take? half a stray bullet. He died before we even have a chance to resurrect him. Does he really want to be rescued? If so, then, try to survive just a little bit. We're doing our best, you know?

Another thing I never realized was that you could ressurect the hostage while he's down, similar to another player.  I never would have known this if I hadn't just happened to be standing right next to him when he went down and saw the button prompt.  How about a "hostage is down!" notification with a red cross on the minimap when the hostage goes down?  I feel like that alone would help quite a bit.