Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin Songs Megathread!

DarthTyrael

Hey

I'm everything but a musician, I would love convert sound to shawzin, but I just don't know anything about music. Does someone here take request?
I would want play somes FMA:B ost on shawzin. Luckyly, I've found a piano cover with sheet and everything. Could help a bit wouldn't it?

If someone want to convert this ine playable shawzin, I would thank him a lot ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I'm not entirely sure whether or not someone has done this song or not, but, I'd really very much like to play "Legendary Theme" acoustic, from Guitaroo Man. I've always wanted to play it, but I've never been good with musical instruments sadly. This song! If anyone could make this happen, that'd be lovely.

• 3 weeks later...

Spider-Man and Venom : Maximum Carnage
-Video Game
--Title Theme
---Green Jelly - "Carnage Rules"

Spoiler

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

To go along with my Nidus.

677639c4e42f55fe2050e22e3b7182a5.png

Edited by SolZeroOne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

after the last twitch drop, i think this might be a perfect opportunity to practice my necromancing skills.
hopefully more noobs like me who just picked up the shawzin can enjoy this other rabbit hole inside warframe.

also, anyone happen to know if there are simpler versions of this song with copyable codes? this is amazing.

Edited by Soy77

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just love this melody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMaNmalbEU0

So I decided to rewrite it in to a piece played by shawzin. And how you will hear, I haven’t played it, but rewritten it by myself into the following “notes”. I hope you will enjoy it 😊.

PS: It sounds for me the best, if you play it on the Nelumbo Shawzin(it is the acoustic version)

Spoiler

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

• Like 2

6 hours ago, -AG-PROHIBITER said:

Hi,

I just love this melody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMaNmalbEU0

So I decided to rewrite it in to a piece played by shawzin. And how you will hear, I haven’t played it, but rewritten it by myself into the following “notes”. I hope you will enjoy it 😊.

PS: It sounds for me the best, if you play it on the Nelumbo Shawzin(it is the acoustic version)

-snip-

Holy moly, I came here looking for some tunes and I find them getting longer and longer, r.i.p (im on xbox)

Arrangement of the song Lacie from pandora hearts

Spoiler

6hAAUAESAIUAMhAQiAUUAYhAcUAgRAoSAwUA0SA4RBAcBIKBYhBgUBkSBoUBshBwiB0UB4hB8UCARCISCQMCUhCYSCciCgSCkkCoUCskCwUC0iC4SC8hDAUDESDIUDMhDQiDUUDYhDcUDgRDoSDwUD0SD4REAcEIREYSEgUEkhEoiEwUE4hE8UFARFISFQJFRKFYCFgZFoiGEhGIUGMiGUhGcRGkhG0UG4SG8hHEUHMMHUUHkSHoRHsUH0hH8UIERIMSIUSIkUIoSIsiJEhJIUJMiJUkJciJkSJshJ0SJ8RKESKMKKcMKkMKsRKwSK0SK8RLEMLMxLUULkyLshMQUMUSMYUMchMgiMkUMohMsUMwRM4SNAUNESNIRNQcNYMNohNwUN0SN4UN8hOAiOEUOIhOMUOQROYSOgMOkhOoSOsiOwSO0kO4UO8kPAUPEiPISPMhPQUPUSPYUPchPgiPkUPohPsUPwRP4SQAUQESQIRQQcQYRQoSQwUQ0hQ4iRAURIhRMURQRRYSRgKRsCR8ZSK

On 2021-03-13 at 2:42 PM, MrSteff said:

anyone wanna do this? 

Piece from Genshin impact
Location - Restaurant where you eat with Ganyu
On the right corner of the stairs to the harbor

The Shawzin can't really do a lot of fancy chord work, and it only has one octave in chromatic, so it's hard even if you want to roll the chords. Anyways, what the means is that I just made the really, really simple version.

Here's one version, which is probably closer to the original (tempo-wise):

3EAAhAMSAYMA8KBIMBaKBdEBgBBsEB4MCEhCQSCcECoEDAhDMSDYMD8KEIMEgSEshE4BFQBGAEGMSGYMG8KHIMHgSHsMH4KIEEIQBIcEIohJAEJYhJwEKIBKsEK4MLEhLQSLcELo

Here is a faster version, which might be more suitable for the Shawzin (as the sound fades really rapidly on the Shawzin):

3EAAhAISAQMAoKAwMA8KA+EBABBIEBQMBYhBgSBoEBwECAhCISCQMCoKCwMDASDIhDQBDgBEAEEISEQMEoKEwMFASFIMFQKFYEFgBFoEFwhGAEGQhGgEGwBHIEHQMHYhHgSHoEHw

Edited by Ascarith
  • Like 1

En 20/3/2021 a las 9:24, Ascarith dijo:

The Shawzin can't really do a lot of fancy chord work, and it only has one octave in chromatic, so it's hard even if you want to roll the chords. Anyways, what the means is that I just made the really, really simple version.

Here's one version, which is probably closer to the original (tempo-wise):

Here is a faster version, which might be more suitable for the Shawzin (as the sound fades really rapidly on the Shawzin):

:OOOOOO thank you very much, 😃 i didn't expect anyone to actually do it XD, thank you so much  you made my day!

On 2021-03-22 at 9:31 AM, TheGunslinger99 said:

Could someone make Kiss of Death(Darling in the FranXX), Row Row fight the power(Gurren Lagann), and a full Cruel Angel's Thesis(Evangelion)?

Edit: preferably for the Tiamat shawzin, as that is the one that I use.

Shawzin codes are instrument agnostic, so you can use it with any version of the Shawzin out.

I took a stab at Cruel Angel's Thesis, because I'm actually familiar with that song and it has a lot of things going for it that make it work decently with the Shawzin. That said, it's far from perfect:

• The opening and the bridge are a tad awkward, because those rely on sustained vocals, which the Shawzin doesn't imitate well.
  • The transition into the guitar solo is really abrupt. Everything is played on one instrument, so there's really no contrast/hand-off. It just kind of erupts out of nowhere.
  • The guitar solo is pretty...not solo-y. The actual solo has a lot of pitch bending, which you can replicate with the whammy button, but you have to do that manually (the code doesn't care about whammy). It also drops in and out of the Shawzin's natural range, so I kind of just fudged it.

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

14 hours ago, Ascarith said:

Shawzin codes are instrument agnostic, so you can use it with any version of the Shawzin out.

I took a stab at Cruel Angel's Thesis, because I'm actually familiar with that song and it has a lot of things going for it that make it work decently with the Shawzin. That said, it's far from perfect:

• The opening and the bridge are a tad awkward, because those rely on sustained vocals, which the Shawzin doesn't imitate well.
  • The transition into the guitar solo is really abrupt. Everything is played on one instrument, so there's really no contrast/hand-off. It just kind of erupts out of nowhere.
  • The guitar solo is pretty...not solo-y. The actual solo has a lot of pitch bending, which you can replicate with the whammy button, but you have to do that manually (the code doesn't care about whammy). It also drops in and out of the Shawzin's natural range, so I kind of just fudged it.

Not bad, but what I meant by making it for the Tiamat shawzin was that it would sound right on the Tiamat. it doesn't sound quite right in some parts.

2 hours ago, TheGunslinger99 said:

Not bad, but what I meant by making it for the Tiamat shawzin was that it would sound right on the Tiamat. it doesn't sound quite right in some parts.

I'm happy to take a second look if there are specific sections you want to revisit (you'll have to give me a timestamp reference to some version of the song, or give me some reference to which parts don't sound right to you).

I'm still not sure what you mean by "making it for the Tiamat Shawzin," as nothing I've made is specific to any instrument. The code can only specify pitch and timing, which is going to be the same regardless of what instrument you want to play this on.

I will note that if your issue is that you think the relative pitch is off (but the pitch is otherwise correct), then odds are pretty good that you're correct, but there's not much we can do about it. The Shawzin has a limited range on what it can and can't play (and is arguably too limited based on what the Shawzin is supposed to be). In those "can't" scenarios, I usually opt to hit the right pitch but in the wrong octave (if possible). 

Two glaring examples of this are:

1. The last note of the chorus (should go up a half step to a "high" C, but instead drops waaaay down to a "low" C). 
  2. The second note of each verse (should go down a fourth from Eb to Bb, but instead goes up a fifth to Bb). Shows up again on notes 6 and 7.

Am 12.12.2020 um 17:21 schrieb Zapfire:

Hey

I'm everything but a musician, I would love convert sound to shawzin, but I just don't know anything about music. Does someone here take request?
I would want play somes FMA:B ost on shawzin. Luckyly, I've found a piano cover with sheet and everything. Could help a bit wouldn't it?

If someone want to convert this ine playable shawzin, I would thank him a lot ;)

I've listened to this melody for a short while and I find it quite enjoyable. So, I get interested in the idea, how it would sound on a shawzin. At first, I have to excuse myself for few things:

First: It doesn’t sound exactly the same compared to the original version, but it’s quite similar

Second: the tempo isn’t the same

Third: few chords can’t be played on shawzin, like they are in the original piece, so the hole “atmosphere” can be different from your exceptions

And now we can go on.

Here you can find the “main melody”, which is playable:

Spoiler

5hAAUAIhAQiAYRAgSAoUAwMBAKBIEBYMBgRBsSBwRB4SCQUCchCgUCohDAiDMhDQkDYiDghDoUDwUEAhEIEEYMEgKEsMEwRE4SFQUFYhFgUFohGAiGMhGQUGYSGgRGoMGwBHICHQEHYJHgKHsMHwRH4EIQJIcKIgMIoUJAhJMiJQRJYMJgKJoMJw

And here you see my trying by putting the “main melody and the bassline in a playable version”:

Spoiler

5hAAUAIhAQiAYRAgSAoUAwMBAKBIEBYMBgEBoRBsSBwRB4CCAKCISCQKCYUCchCgUCoRCwKC4hDABDIiDMhDQkDYiDghDoUDwED4UEAhEIREQEEYMEgEEoKEsMEwRE4EFARFISFQUFYhFgUFoCFwMF4hGASGIiGMhGQUGYSGgRGoMGwEG4MHABHICHQEHYJHgMHoKHsMHwRH4CIAKIIEIQKIYJIcKIgMIoBIwJI4UJAJJIhJMiJQRJYMJgKJoMJw

At least I tried to let the schawzin sound like an acoustic guitar. I think it is not playable:

Spoiler

5hAAMABUAIhAQiAYMAZRAgSAoUAwJAxMBAKBIRBJEBYMBgBBhEBoRBsSBwRB4UB5CCAKCIRCJSCQBCRKCYUCchCgSChUCoECpRCwKC4hDAJDBBDIiDMhDQJDRMDSkDYCDZiDgMDhhDoUDpUDwMDxED4UEAMEBhEIEEJREQEEYMEgBEhEEoKEsMEwSExRE4KE5EFARFISFQKFRUFYEFZhFgSFhUFoJFpCFwMF4hGAJGBSGIiGMhGQUGYEGZSGgRGoKGpMGwEG4BHABHIEHJMHKCHQEHYJHgCHhMHoKHsMHwUHxRH4KH5CIAKIIRIJEIQBIRKIYJIcKIgSIhhIiMIoJIpBIwJI4MI5UJARJBJJIhJMiJQMJRUJSRJYEJZMJgRJhKJoMJwBJxEJyMJzSJ0hJ1

I really hope, you will enjoy it.

On 2021-03-25 at 3:45 PM, Ascarith said:

I'm happy to take a second look if there are specific sections you want to revisit (you'll have to give me a timestamp reference to some version of the song, or give me some reference to which parts don't sound right to you).

I'm still not sure what you mean by "making it for the Tiamat Shawzin," as nothing I've made is specific to any instrument. The code can only specify pitch and timing, which is going to be the same regardless of what instrument you want to play this on.

I will note that if your issue is that you think the relative pitch is off (but the pitch is otherwise correct), then odds are pretty good that you're correct, but there's not much we can do about it. The Shawzin has a limited range on what it can and can't play (and is arguably too limited based on what the Shawzin is supposed to be). In those "can't" scenarios, I usually opt to hit the right pitch but in the wrong octave (if possible). 

Two glaring examples of this are:

1. The last note of the chorus (should go up a half step to a "high" C, but instead drops waaaay down to a "low" C). 
  2. The second note of each verse (should go down a fourth from Eb to Bb, but instead goes up a fifth to Bb). Shows up again on notes 6 and 7.

there are some notes that would be high notes on other shawzin, but are the opposite on the tiamat. halfway through the chorus and at the end of the chorus are just 2 of the incorrect sounding notes.

On 2021-03-27 at 3:03 PM, -AG-PROHIBITER said:

I've listened to this melody for a short while and I find it quite enjoyable. So, I get interested in the idea, how it would sound on a shawzin. At first, I have to excuse myself for few things:

First: It doesn’t sound exactly the same compared to the original version, but it’s quite similar

Second: the tempo isn’t the same

Third: few chords can’t be played on shawzin, like they are in the original piece, so the hole “atmosphere” can be different from your exceptions

And now we can go on.

Here you can find the “main melody”, which is playable:

Hide contents

5hAAUAIhAQiAYRAgSAoUAwMBAKBIEBYMBgRBsSBwRB4SCQUCchCgUCohDAiDMhDQkDYiDghDoUDwUEAhEIEEYMEgKEsMEwRE4SFQUFYhFgUFohGAiGMhGQUGYSGgRGoMGwBHICHQEHYJHgKHsMHwRH4EIQJIcKIgMIoUJAhJMiJQRJYMJgKJoMJw

And here you see my trying by putting the “main melody and the bassline in a playable version”:

Hide contents

5hAAUAIhAQiAYRAgSAoUAwMBAKBIEBYMBgEBoRBsSBwRB4CCAKCISCQKCYUCchCgUCoRCwKC4hDABDIiDMhDQkDYiDghDoUDwED4UEAhEIREQEEYMEgEEoKEsMEwRE4EFARFISFQUFYhFgUFoCFwMF4hGASGIiGMhGQUGYSGgRGoMGwEG4MHABHICHQEHYJHgMHoKHsMHwRH4CIAKIIEIQKIYJIcKIgMIoBIwJI4UJAJJIhJMiJQRJYMJgKJoMJw

At least I tried to let the schawzin sound like an acoustic guitar. I think it is not playable:

Hide contents

5hAAMABUAIhAQiAYMAZRAgSAoUAwJAxMBAKBIRBJEBYMBgBBhEBoRBsSBwRB4UB5CCAKCIRCJSCQBCRKCYUCchCgSChUCoECpRCwKC4hDAJDBBDIiDMhDQJDRMDSkDYCDZiDgMDhhDoUDpUDwMDxED4UEAMEBhEIEEJREQEEYMEgBEhEEoKEsMEwSExRE4KE5EFARFISFQKFRUFYEFZhFgSFhUFoJFpCFwMF4hGAJGBSGIiGMhGQUGYEGZSGgRGoKGpMGwEG4BHABHIEHJMHKCHQEHYJHgCHhMHoKHsMHwUHxRH4KH5CIAKIIRIJEIQBIRKIYJIcKIgSIhhIiMIoJIpBIwJI4MI5UJARJBJJIhJMiJQMJRUJSRJYEJZMJgRJhKJoMJwBJxEJyMJzSJ0hJ1

I really hope, you will enjoy it.

not bad. could you do "Again"?

5 hours ago, TheGunslinger99 said:

there are some notes that would be high notes on other shawzin, but are the opposite on the tiamat. halfway through the chorus and at the end of the chorus are just 2 of the incorrect sounding notes.

I don't have the Tiamat to confirm, but I'm fairly certain that all the Shawzin variants function the same (i.e., have the same range of notes). It's certainly true for the Shawzin variants that I do own. The last note of the chorus should be wrong on all Shawzins, because Shawzins simply cannot hit the correct note in the chromatic scale. 

On 2021-03-29 at 3:26 PM, Ascarith said:

I don't have the Tiamat to confirm, but I'm fairly certain that all the Shawzin variants function the same (i.e., have the same range of notes). It's certainly true for the Shawzin variants that I do own. The last note of the chorus should be wrong on all Shawzins, because Shawzins simply cannot hit the correct note in the chromatic scale. 

but you could do the highest note that the shawzin can do.

6 hours ago, TheGunslinger99 said:

but you could do the highest note that the shawzin can do.

For clarity, what I opted to do was pick the right note, with the wrong relative pitch (because the octave is wrong). What you're asking for is the wrong note, and thus also the wrong relative pitch (because...wrong note), which is arguably "more wrong." I cannot just transpose everything so the highest Shawzin note matches the highest note of Cruel Angel's Thesis, because currently the lowest Shawzin note matches the lowest note of Cruel Angel's Thesis(' chorus). Transposing just moves the problem from the top end to the bottom end. 

Anyways, if this is what you actually want, I could probably patch up the code to do this. Just keep in mind it's not going to sound right this way either. Here's the chorus, with your suggestion, for reference:

3BAAJAIJAOMAQJAWMAcMAgMAkiAoUAsSAwMAySA2SBAiBIkBQMBWJBciBgiBkSBoiBsiBwkB2

2 hours ago, Ascarith said:

For clarity, what I opted to do was pick the right note, with the wrong relative pitch (because the octave is wrong). What you're asking for is the wrong note, and thus also the wrong relative pitch (because...wrong note), which is arguably "more wrong." I cannot just transpose everything so the highest Shawzin note matches the highest note of Cruel Angel's Thesis, because currently the lowest Shawzin note matches the lowest note of Cruel Angel's Thesis(' chorus). Transposing just moves the problem from the top end to the bottom end. 

Anyways, if this is what you actually want, I could probably patch up the code to do this. Just keep in mind it's not going to sound right this way either. Here's the chorus, with your suggestion, for reference:

You could use a different scale:

6BAAEAMJAYEAhJAqJAwJA2RA8MBCKBIJBLKBRKBgRBsSB4JCBECKRCQRCWKCcRCiRCoSCxBDAEDMJDYEDhJDqJDwJD2RD8MECKEIJELKERKEgREsSE4JFBEFKRFQRFWKFcRFiRFoSFx

When people ask for the Eva into they're usually just looking for the short version used in the Anime, which you can do with the Minor scale and only a little octave switching in the verse between phrases:

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

5 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

When people ask for the Eva into they're usually just looking for the short version used in the Anime, which you can do with the Minor scale and only a little octave switching in the verse between phrases:

Great work (as always)! In retrospect, the minor scale probably makes more sense overall. Dropping a note once in a blue moon seems preferable to frequently dropping an octave. But...I blame the solo and the (transition out of the) bridge for "forcing" me into chromatic. :P (I assumed based on their initial request that they wanted the entire thing).

I started there because I knew the solo would be the hardest part for me (because my relative pitch might as well be non-existent, and my music theory is definitely non-existent), so wound up in chromatic from the get go (and never looked back because I was too lazy to change/update my spreadsheet to account for that).

Also because I'm generally bad at music.

On 2021-03-22 at 9:31 AM, TheGunslinger99 said:

Could someone make Kiss of Death(Darling in the FranXX), Row Row fight the power(Gurren Lagann), and a full Cruel Angel's Thesis(Evangelion)?

Edit: preferably for the Tiamat shawzin, as that is the one that I use.

[emphasis added]