Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Texture Issues (Fix Coming)

(NSW)Flutterdrive

Can confirm this is happening to me as well. Looks like rapid flashing of object surface colors. I haven't been able to pinpoint why but my working theory right now is Helios scanning is responsible or is partially responsible. Last time it happened to me on Cholistan, Europa just as my Helios scanned a cephalon fragment. Reloading the software fixed the issue but it seemed otherwise persistent from mission to mission. It seems like this could be a massive issue for someone with epilepsy or some condition exacerbated by flashing lights. (I mean... they probably shouldn't be playing warframe but that's not an excuse for not considering that this could legitimately trigger a fatal seizure.)

I'll grab an external video and upload to youtube next time it happens and update here in this thread with circumstances prior to it triggering. Thank you for posting, TC.

Getting the same thing here. It looks like the same thing that was happening in the Orbiter before the last update, but it seemed fixed until just today. I've been able to pick out some texture maps, so it seems somehow the texture files are being swapped around.

Also I don't have a Helios, so that can't be it.

Edited by (NSW)0nuku
no Helios

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this happen on my orbiter after returning from a mission after about 10 or so missions. I usually have the system in sleep mode between missions for anywhere from 2-8 hours. When I see it occur, it appears that the wrong textures are loaded, as the textures that appear take on my Warframe's color options/skin options. I've seen this happen one time in the Void (Aten).

Playing another mission, or resetting the software corrects it, but it's still a bit headache inducing each time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! We think we might have finally found the culprit causing most of the texture flickering issues you've reported here. We have made progress with a fix coming in The Old Blood to address it: 

It's been quite the notorious bug to crack but we're hoping this should alleviate the frequency (or squash it completely!) - We'll continue to monitor once the update is out. Thank you! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! We think we might have finally found the culprit causing most of the texture flickering issues you've reported here. We have made progress with a fix coming in The Old Blood to address it: 

It's been quite the notorious bug to crack but we're hoping this should alleviate the frequency (or squash it completely!) - We'll continue to monitor once the update is out. Thank you! 

Great news! Looking forward to it

• 4 weeks later...