Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Real songs to Shawzin songs

Akaruy

So, not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this, but here it goes:

There are tons of songs that I would love to play on the Shawzin, but I am really bad at recording them. Does anybody knows of a way to sort of translate real notes into the strings needed to load songs on the Shawzin?

Good question. I'm writing a quick guide to show what the different scales are (which notes are included), but I'm guessing you're asking if we can modify the paste data directly?

I've changed a 6 to a 5, and the note played changed (not the timing). So yeah, it should be possible to set up a conversion table. Maybe I'll have time for this later (I doubt it).

Edited by Gessie00

Here is Through the Fire and Flames, paste it in the text box.

1CAACACBAECAGCAIBAKCAMBAOCAQCASBATCAVCAYBAaCAbBAdJAfJAhCAjJAlJAnCAqJAsCAtJAvJAyCAzJA1JA3CA5JA7KA9EA/EBCBBDEBFEBIBBKEBMBBNEBPEBSBBUEBWEBYBBaEBcBBdCBfCBiBBjCBlCBnBBqCBsBBuCBvBBxCBzJB2KB3JB5KB7MB+

If anyone is interested in what notes each string is:

Major:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=D1(re)  3=E1(mi)

Sky Fret:1=F1(fa)  2=G1(sol)  3=A1(la)

Earth Fret:1=B1(si)  2=C2(do)  3=D2(re)

Warer Fret:1=E2(mi)  2=F2(fa)  3=G2(sol)

Minor:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=D1(re)  3=D1#(re#)

Sky Fret:1=F1(fa)  2=G1(sol)  3=G1#(sol#)

Earth Fret:1=A1#(la#)  2=C2(do)  3=D2(re)

Water Fret:1=D2#(re#)  2=F2(fa)  3=G2(sol)

Pentatonic Major:

Open:1=C1(do)   2=D1(re)   3=E1(mi)

Sky Fret:1=G1(sol)  2=A1(la)  3=C2(do)

Earth Fret:1=D2(re)  2=E2(mi)  3=G2(sol)

Water Fret:1=A2(la)  2=C3(do)  3=D3(re)

Pentatonic Minor:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=D1#(re#)  3=F1(fa)

Sky Fret:1=G1(sol)  2=A1#(la#)  3=C2(do)

Earth Fret:1=D2#(re#)  2=F2(fa)  3=G2(sol)

Water Fret:1=A2#(la#)  2=C3(do)  3=D#3(re#)

Hexatonic:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=D1#(re#)  3=F1(fa)

Sky Fret:1=F1#(fa#)  2=G1(sol)  3=A1#(la#)

Earth Fret:1=C2(do)  2=D2#(re#)  3=F2(fa)

Water Fret:1=F2#(fa#)  2=G2(sol)  3=A2#(la#)

Chromatic:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=C1#(do#)  3=D1(re)

Sky Fret:1=D1#(re#)  2=E1(mi)  3=F1(fa)

Earth Fret:1=F1#(fa#)  2=G1(sol)  3=G1#(sol#)

Water Fret:1=A1(la)  2=A1#(la#)  3=B1(si)

Hirajoshi:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=C1#(do#)  3=F1(fa)

Sky Fret:1=F1#(fa#)  2=A1#(la#)  3=C2(do)

Earth Fret:1=C2#(do)  2=F2(fa)  3=F2#(fa#)

Water Fret:1=A2(la)  2=C3(do)  3=C3#(do#)

Phrygian:

Open:1=C1(do)  2=C1#(do#)  3=E1(mi)

Sky Fret:1=F1(fa)  2=G1(sol)  3=G1#(sol#)

Earth Fret:1=A1#(la#)  2=C2(do)  3=C2#(do#)

Water Fret:1=E2(mi)  2=F2(fa)  3=G2(sol)

Edited by DeathDweller
  • Like 3

I'm hoping somebody manages to come up with a way to create songs and convert them into the format to paste into the game. As great as the Shawzin is, it's not a sequencer like the Mandachord, which makes these things a lot harder to experiment with if you're not a music pro.

2 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'm hoping somebody manages to come up with a way to create songs and convert them into the format to paste into the game. As great as the Shawzin is, it's not a sequencer like the Mandachord, which makes these things a lot harder to experiment with if you're not a music pro.

Check the doc. We've got a midi inserter up and running. xHeretic posted a link to it earlier in the thread.

12 minutes ago, Authoron said:

Check the doc. We've got a midi inserter up and running. xHeretic posted a link to it earlier in the thread.

Are you referring to "u/T2k5’s method of inserting MIDI playback into Warframe"? That's not quite what I was thinking of. 

My attempt at the beginning of Yoshida Brother's "Storm"

(Not in the original key.  Would welcome a longer and properly transposed version as I don't have a trained musician's ear. 🙂 )

6BAAKAEKAIBAMKAQKAUBAYJAcBAgMAkMAoBAsMAwMA0BA4MA8BBARBERBIBBMRBQRBUBBYMBcBBgKBkKBoBBsKBwKB0BB4KB8BCAKCEKCIBCMKCQKCUBCYJCcBCgMCkMCoBCsMCwMC0BC4MC8BDARDERDIBDMRDQRDUBDYMDcBDgKDkKDoBDsKDwKD0BD4KD8KEABEABEcBEeBEg

• Like 1

Here you go, Castlevania: Bloody Tears, more or less.

Spoiler

6SAAkAEiAIhAMUARhAVUAZSAdUAhhAliAphAuUAyRA2UA6SA+SBCkBGiBKhBOUBThBXUBbSBfUBjhBniBshBwUB0RB4UB8SCAJCERCIKCLJCYECcJCgRClKCrJC0EC4JC8RDAKDDJDPKDUMDYRDdKDmMDsJDzRD3KD6JEGEEKJEOREUKEZJEiEEmJErREvKEyJE+KFCMFGRFLKFUdFYtFcUFgCFkBFrSFwCF0BF6SGACGEBGKSGPEGUhGWCGYUGaBGcSGeRGgCGiBGmSGpCGyBG3SG6CHABHESHHhHPiHUUHYhHb

On 2019-08-31 at 1:05 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

Are you referring to "u/T2k5’s method of inserting MIDI playback into Warframe"? That's not quite what I was thinking of. 

Ah, I see what you were after. Compozin is a site that lets you chart sheetmusic and spits it out in shawzin code. It's also on the doc but here's the link:
 Compozin'

Sakura Sakura

7KAAKANMAaKAzKA/MBMKBnMB0RCBMCNKCaMCnKCtJCzEDLCDXEDkJDxED9EEJCEPBEVKEwME9RFJMFWKFiMFtKFzJF5EGTCGfEGrJG5EHFEHRCHXBHdKH2KIDMIPKIpKI1MJCBJeEJqMJ2KJ9JKEEKd

Senbonzakura

1MAAMAGKAMMAORASSAVUAZMAcMAjKAnMApKAtJAwKAzMA3MA9KBDMBFRBJSBMUBQUBTSBZUBcSBeRBfMBmMBtMBzKB4MB6RB9SCAUCDMCHMCNKCSMCUKCYJCaKCeMChMCnKCrMCtRCxSC0UC3UC6SDARDHMDN

Edited by Critatis

On 2019-09-01 at 11:08 AM, Fashnakvong said:

the limit for notes would be 100 i dont know about time

Shawzin Changes:

• You can now record Shawzin songs with up to 1000 notes, but can only Chat linked if they're 100 notes or less.
    • I wrote this change wrong! The true change is: You can now load 1000 note songs that you have recorded, but the Chat link limit of 100 notes still applies. 
  • Fixed Shawzin 'Autoplay’ always showing a score of 0 the whole time, instead it now shows "Autoplay".