Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S.Dust

They finally gave up

Seems the devs have finally officially given up on making conclave work (not that they didnt earlier), now that universal medallions are a thing people don't even need to play conclave to earn the stuff you get from it, so I guess they really are just done with the mode. People can get things they clearly didn't earn now I guess. Not gonna act like I play the mode as much as I used to especially since my aim just isn't trained, but still really this is low, I know many people here are gonna say "whats wrong with having an alternative way to earn rep?" It's like if they started giving out the John prodman poster in game for people who didn't do the index hour long challenge (I don't own it) it just takes away from others achievment and the whole point of the mode PVP. They could have added frame fighter as a possible way of rep and that would have just been better since it still holds to the pvp side of things and more people would have played it, but they're giving in to the people who complained they couldn't get something cause they didn't like it.

How many universal medallions have you gotten so far? Seems like you'd need to play a ton of disruption to max conclave just from medallions...

That said, what's wrong with having an alternative way to earn rep? 🙂 I just don't care if something I "earned" can be bought or given to someone else later...

They could have added frame fighter as a possible way of rep 

No...frame fighter is not good so making it anything other than a mini-game for laughs would not be good either...

While I'm not a fan of conclave myself, I don't think it is right to ignore the mode entirely (hell, lunaro was fun). However, I saw in the devstreams, where steve said "conclave will return, but not in the way you remember it." Idk how much of that holds true.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

How many universal medallions have you gotten so far? Seems like you'd need to play a ton of disruption to max conclave just from medallions...

That said, what's wrong with having an alternative way to earn rep? 🙂 I just don't care if something I "earned" can be bought or given to someone else later...

They could have added frame fighter as a possible way of rep 

No...frame fighter is not good so making it anything other than a mini-game for laughs would not be good either...

Not gonna act like they magically have max rep I know they don't but this is just DE's out card for conclave, they no longer have to care everyone can get it even the people who dont even care enough to play the mode (I count lunaro as conclave). I mean what happened to honestly putting in the work for certain things what happened to feeling like you actually achieved it.

To everyone who's gonna hate on me and this post I'll give you a little more to hate/ make fun of me for.

But honestly getting things in game doesn't feel special anymore but conclave items are different cause they take actual time and you can't just lose every game and it was fun so ik im holding those items way closer than I should. I just want DE to care enough to atleast leave them as PVP earned items. PVP= player vs player it doesn't need to be combat I mean hell add Komi to the game as a form of PVP (it's the board game you played with ballas).

15 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

While I'm not a fan of conclave myself, I don't think it is right to ignore the mode entirely (hell, lunaro was fun). However, I saw in the devstreams, where steve said "conclave will return, but not in the way you remember it." Idk how much of that holds true.

I never trust that stuff they say alot but then we're waiting another year and a half for anything to be done.

Forget any good feedback I gave to DE on this. they went back on the promise they made and lost mine and many other players respect for caving to a small minority of hardcore conclave players. Still not playing the game mode and now I wont be playing disruption past completion and getting Gauss as the reward I was looking forward to is a useless rotation. Do better next time DE and listen to the majority will ya DE... it's not to late to turn back though, you could still fulfill your initial promise and make them compatible. Dont let these sweaty PvP tryhards take something that would of been great for the rest of the player base away!

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

So I can finally get those skins and such without having to play the boring, broken and unfinished game mode! Sounds like a win to me and probably to many others who avoid it like the plague. If your upset about it then lets look at it this way, PvP players can do the same thing to get rep for the PvE syndicates so it is good for both sides. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for and DE gave it to us and I cant wait for the update to come to consoles!

You say that like playing the game doesn't passively give PVE rep you also say it as if PVP is such a large part of the game that people played it so much that they didn't farm the other syndicates.

Personal case, since I love self-imposed challenges...  -> can't really find a viable reason to avoid something that presents no challenge, in the first place.

14 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

They have taken it back I guess they haven't given up on us yet.

They're just maintaining the status quo, I wouldn't hold my breath. Inb4 dog days but for PvP!!!!! :facepalm:

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

They're just maintaining the status quo, I wouldn't hold my breath. Inb4 dog days but for PvP!!!!! :facepalm:

True