Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions are absurd

Hunterstil

I would like to address a new reward from the Gauss update , and that reward is the universal medallion. 
The universal medallion is obtained only by playing the new (and old) disruption missions. You have 5% chance of getting that Universal Medallion and it is only on rotation C.  The Universal Medallion's positive side is that you can redeem it on every single base/main syndicate (New Loka , Red Veil , etc.) and in the future on all the others. That is great and all but the only problem is that the syndicate medallion is traded for 1k standing only. I do not only find that absurd , but absolutely unworth the grind. Warframe's characteristics is over the top grind and we all know that , but I have not seen such thing in the past I don't know how many years. Me and a couple of friends played the new disruption mode on other planets , we played kuva disruption , we played uranus disruption and sedna disruption. We played kuva disruption for about 10 minutes to test out the rewarding system (which isn't really good) of kuva. We played uranus for about 30 minutes (11 rounds or so) and sedna for about 30 minutes (again around 14 rounds). From all of these runs , we got only 1 Universal Syndicate medallion. Let's say you are lucky and get one medallion every 11 rounds = 30 minutes.  As we all know , a lot of players have leveled up their syndicate (while leveling down their opposite ones) , and in order to level up from one of your opposite syndicates you need 44k standing. 30 minutes x 44 = 1320 minutes = 22 hours. It would take you 22 hours of non-stop grinding to get a single level up (and let's not talk about the daily cap).  In order to go FROM the bottom TO the top it would take 219 hours non stop grinding. 
My math may not be totally exact , or my medallion per minutes but it is roughly around there. I really would like to see some changes for the universal syndicate medallion. I would suggest either make the chances waaay higher , make the exchanged standing more , maybe around 10k or 5 k , or even both , that would be good. 

• Like 4

You don't read patchnotes, do you?

Universal Syndicate Medallion!

This mysterious item is accepted by all eligible Syndicates to give you 1,000 Standing. If you’re lucky enough to find one in Disruption, you’ll be able to gain favour with any of the core 6 Syndicates (Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, New Loka, Red Veil, Perrin Sequence)! You will also be able to use it with Quills, Vox Solaris, Ostron, and Solaris United.

We are planning on making ‘Universal’ mean a bit more here and in a future Hotfix this will be usable in Conclave, Simaris, and Vent Kids as well. 

We are starting small with this item as it has potential for a large impact on various economy elements that we want to carefully measure, but expect iteration and larger versions of these for rewards! Anything from special Alerts featuring multiple, future drop tables, and more!

I agree that right now it's not worth it. However it is going to change in the future.

Edited by Kialandi
  • Like 1

Paragraphs would have been nice but yeah 1k from rotation c with a 5% drop chance does seem a little poorly balanced.  Especially when you consider how quickly a player can hit daily caps in eso (I won't mention conclave because well that's conclave lol)

Been a while since I even had to worry about this but can't medallions be applied on top of the daily cap...

2 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

You don't read patchnotes, do you?

I agree that right now it's not worth it. However it is going to change in the future.

Sorry I didn't really read the patch notes , my bad , but however without a feedback they won't know how to adjust it properly , so I was just ranting here , because I really like the idea , but as always the executions is terribly made. I do hope they read the forums and change it

• Like 2

One key factor in this item, is that it truly fills the design goal of a drop that will be endlessly farmable and still be valuable, because turning these in to a chosen syndicate allows for you to purchase relic packs when they come out with each new prime, or whatever else you want in those reward tables... and those syndicate reward tables can be tweaked to offer new things in the future as well.

As I'm only on PS4, I am unclear on whether or not these also reduce standing with the related syndicates at the same time like normal medallions. (I'd so very much like to get to at least "neutral" with the 2 factions that are angry with me, so they stop sending death squads after me for no good reason... but that's not really super important.)

They're certainly a lot better than the Umbra-fication thingy they were going to do. I'd never have touched those things, or would sell them for credits without a second thought.

1 час назад, (PS4)AyinDygra сказал:

am unclear on whether or not these also reduce standing with the related syndicates at the same time like normal medallions.

Tested that, they do work like normal medallions. In other words, they do decrease opposing syndicates' rep.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Paragraphs would have been nice but yeah 1k from rotation c with a 5% drop chance does seem a little poorly balanced.  Especially when you consider how quickly a player can hit daily caps in eso (I won't mention conclave because well that's conclave lol)

Been a while since I even had to worry about this but can't medallions be applied on top of the daily cap...

Console player here, honestly its not worth complaining about them deciding to introduce a new way to gain standing. With it me hoping if they plan to rework syndicate missions & the system to boot, to be more condensed and further expanding on it without making players have to do burn out grind for it.The potential acts more as a more potential goodie then endo, trash mods, etc. Though i guess the same can be arguing for it `hogging` drop chance space for the more useful goodies.

Though it could definitely use some better rates like have rotation A & B able to drop maybe a 500 version while making sure the chance of them dropping is taken more out of the common trash goods then the rare`r goods. At the very least, its something different then just another event that is a lazy rehash of very old content stuff that forces you to do it, to gain keys to access the main appeal of its content (aka exploiter orb).

I will have to wait till the console version comes around, but it is still possible for D.E. to introduce hotfixes to improve things, which i am some-what happy when i read some of the notes and saw changes which included smoothing out Titania`s kit which indirectly buffed the durations & aura ranges of her tribute buffs, since an extra 5 meters and 20ish more seconds is always appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Console player here, honestly its not worth complaining about them deciding to introduce a new way to gain standing. With it me hoping if they plan to rework syndicate missions & the system to boot, to be more condensed and further expanding on it without making players have to do burn out grind for it.The potential acts more as a more potential goodie then endo, trash mods, etc. Though i guess the same can be arguing for it `hogging` drop chance space for the more useful goodies.

Though it could definitely use some better rates like have rotation A & B able to drop maybe a 500 version while making sure the chance of them dropping is taken more out of the common trash goods then the rare`r goods. At the very least, its something different then just another event that is a lazy rehash of very old content stuff that forces you to do it, to gain keys to access the main appeal of its content (aka exploiter orb).

I will have to wait till the console version comes around, but it is still possible for D.E. to introduce hotfixes to improve things, which i am some-what happy when i read some of the notes and saw changes which included smoothing out Titania`s kit which indirectly buffed the durations & aura ranges of her tribute buffs, since an extra 5 meters and 20ish more seconds is always appreciated.

Personally I'm more interested in the medallions than just getting even more relics (I'm honestly fed up with relics being the 'only' rewards in a mission) that will just sit in my inventory until baro brings something worth spending on... If the medallions at only 5% drop chance in rotation c there is no reason (imo) why they couldn't have been equal to the 5000 standing medallions in a syndicate mission... or even 2500 if they're worried about economy.  1000 could have been in rotation a and b at a higher drop chance, say 25% or something. 

13 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Personally I'm more interested in the medallions than just getting even more relics (I'm honestly fed up with relics being the 'only' rewards in a mission) that will just sit in my inventory until baro brings something worth spending on... If the medallions at only 5% drop chance in rotation c there is no reason (imo) why they couldn't have been equal to the 5000 standing medallions in a syndicate mission... or even 2500 if they're worried about economy.  1000 could have been in rotation a and b at a higher drop chance, say 25% or something. 

Agreed on this, i believe i ranted about the relic system needing just as much of a redesign in how marketing is handled, which is alot when you consider how dated market chat is, people using bots to `snipe` items, people ignoring proper grammar when stating a item they want to buy/sell, resulting in more filter fkery, riven mods and mass set spam fkery, etc. you get the point.

It would be nice if relics got condensed to some other place so we could have goods like these universal syndicate medallions and similar OVERALL useful goods that will always have demand. Recently, i got back into enjoying a game called Spacelords to have fun while waiting on other things to come out, which is your typical pve 2 to 3 stages per mission sort of thing where the goal is to clear it as effectively as possible and you get gold, talent points & exp based on various factors. I will cut it short, but ultimately: Even if that game only really has these mission instances you are always doing, it becomes fun to farm it way past the 5 day daily bonus since you always have NEED for the goods, with no trash goods in-between it. Such as unlocking new characters, forging better weapons once you get a bp of them, spending talent points to unlock, locking useful skill cards from being shuffled and shuffle skill set cards to get better abilities, etc.

Though Warframe is a looter shooter game, it feels that plenty of loot turns into trash which do not even have much value when scrapping it, since you will not use credits for much else then just crafting sinks/mod leveling/etc. Though i hate to use the Borderlands comparison, even the trash weapons that piled up in your backback could be melted into money which you would use to refresh your ammo, heal up at a vending machine if needed or even buy strong gear that could be in the shop, especially the `deal of the day item.`

TL;DR: I hope some of the further advancements on warframe leads to more interesting things to chase, then continue for the majority of it just being, chasing relics for prime stuff.

Edited by Avienas

7 hours ago, Hunterstil said:

I would like to address a new reward from the Gauss update , and that reward is the universal medallion. 
The universal medallion is obtained only by playing the new (and old) disruption missions. You have 5% chance of getting that Universal Medallion and it is only on rotation C.  The Universal Medallion's positive side is that you can redeem it on every single base/main syndicate (New Loka , Red Veil , etc.) and in the future on all the others. That is great and all but the only problem is that the syndicate medallion is traded for 1k standing only. I do not only find that absurd , but absolutely unworth the grind. Warframe's characteristics is over the top grind and we all know that , but I have not seen such thing in the past I don't know how many years. Me and a couple of friends played the new disruption mode on other planets , we played kuva disruption , we played uranus disruption and sedna disruption. We played kuva disruption for about 10 minutes to test out the rewarding system (which isn't really good) of kuva. We played uranus for about 30 minutes (11 rounds or so) and sedna for about 30 minutes (again around 14 rounds). From all of these runs , we got only 1 Universal Syndicate medallion. Let's say you are lucky and get one medallion every 11 rounds = 30 minutes.  As we all know , a lot of players have leveled up their syndicate (while leveling down their opposite ones) , and in order to level up from one of your opposite syndicates you need 44k standing. 30 minutes x 44 = 1320 minutes = 22 hours. It would take you 22 hours of non-stop grinding to get a single level up (and let's not talk about the daily cap).  In order to go FROM the bottom TO the top it would take 219 hours non stop grinding. 
My math may not be totally exact , or my medallion per minutes but it is roughly around there. I really would like to see some changes for the universal syndicate medallion. I would suggest either make the chances waaay higher , make the exchanged standing more , maybe around 10k or 5 k , or even both , that would be good. 

You're missing the point

Medallions, Normal or Universal, were never meant to be your Primary source to Rank Syndicate Standing; you play Missions to do that.

What makes these Universal Medallions incredibly useful; is for De-Rank Farming when new Prime Relics get released.

For example:

Imagine a New Prime is out and I want the Relics for it. rather than play the Endless Void Missions Grind, I can just visit my Syndicate and buy Relic Packs

if I'm Rank5 with Loka for example, I'll have 132 standing to by 6 Relic Packs (20 standing each).

but once I spend all my 132 standing, what next?

Take some Universal Medallions and hand them over to Loka's enemy: Suda

that will drop my Loka down to Rank4, and now I have 99 Loka standing to blow on 4 more Relic Packs

then I turn in another Universal Medallion to Suda to drop to Loka Rank3, to unlock 70 Loka Standing

Repeat for more Relic Packs

see what the Universal Medallion lets you do? De-Rank Farming Relic Packs incredibly fast and easy. Much faster than everyone Grinding Void for them.

Gotta get those Relics Farmed and Unlocked on day1 of Prime Release if you wanna sell the new set for 1000Plat Early Access Prices

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

So you care about the rewards and not the fact that a pre-existing mission type being added to other tilesets was literally the only content we got out of that pile of pictures and text? I don't know why I'm surprised. Someone let me know when something actually happens in this game. I'll be sitting on 10k medallions wondering why this matters.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Hunterstil:

From all of these runs , we got only 1 Universal Syndicate medallio

SInce its finally now content i decided to farm Gauss and his weapons. So far i played like 1h disruption for Gauss on Sedna and got 2 medallions.

Let's say you are lucky and get one medallion every 11 rounds = 30 minutes.

As sayed i got 2 in around 1h so yeah its kinda accurate

I would suggest either make the chances waaay higher

make the exchanged standing more , maybe around 10k or 5 k

My idea would be to drop one every round. I dont really know how this mode works in depth but with casual gear and half paying attention i do one round in 2-3 minutes. This would mean you can get 10k standing in half an hour. This seems fair to me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

What makes these Universal Medallions incredibly useful; is for De-Rank Farming when new Prime Relics get released

I get how medallions are used, but I can run a max-range Limbo and have 8 regular syndicate medallions (roughly 1x5k, 2x1k and 5x500) in under 10 mins. That's 8-10k rep in a mission, or roughly 1k per minute.

1k per minute.

Or I can play Distribution for 30 mins for the same 1k worth of rep.

That's awful. Absolutely garbage polluting the drop table and stopping you from getting something worthwhile.

Even the worse ranking in the game, which is the toroids that only drop from enemies that have completely broken spawn rates (on X1 at least), you get around 1k standing every 15 minutes. And those toroids are also blueprint ingredients, so you need them anyway.

I get that DE are trying to introduce this slowly, but 1k is just pathetic. It needs to be at least 10k to not be insulting.

8 hours ago, Xzorn said:

So you care about the rewards and not the fact that a pre-existing mission type being added to other tilesets was literally the only content we got out of that pile of pictures and text? I don't know why I'm surprised. Someone let me know when something actually happens in this game. I'll be sitting on 10k medallions wondering why this matters.

I've honestly given up complaining about lack of content....it's not like DE are going to take any notice of us when it comes to lack of content when they're not really taking any notice of their warframe partners who are quitting because of lack of content.  DE have got their 'grand plan' (I personally never wanted railjack...) in their heads and are working full steam ahead on that at the expense of pretty much everything else, content be damned.

• Like 1

If you don't know DE by now, then you will now know they like to introduced new stuffs with absurd grind from the start, then they will put something like 'it may change etc etc', so as to 'listen' to players feedback. But then after listening to players feedback and still they chose to troll for a start, each time.

So not sure they don't/won't learn or purposely troll. That is why we must make DE win the most troll dev award (if there is one).

Somehow this doesn't bother me, because I am still to busy attempting to farm(more like win the lottery) a non trade-able 1.01% drop chance ephemera(blazing step) from ESO real rot C. 

I have so many lato and braton vandals now it's obscene, not to mention relics. I am looking on the bright side I will  never have to part with the mats to build the ephemera if it never drops.

I'm actually looking forward to farming kuva in disruption with endless rotc starting at round 3, that is if I ever finish my other farm. 

3 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I'm actually looking forward to farming kuva in disruption with endless rotc starting at round 3, that is if I ever finish my other farm. 

Based on what i can gather right now its 100 kuva on A, 200 on B, 350 on C at 100% chance for the first 2 and 95% chance for the third. Plus each demolyst drops 50 kuva meaning basically an extra 200 kuva per round. In total math:

• This results in 400 kuva base on the early rotations long as you do not lose a single conduit and 550 on C rotations. So it kind of balances out about the same as kuva survival, where your just trading out guarding a fragile device about 3 times, compared to just hunting down 4 demolysts, which is technically easier to manage since your just guarding a console from one suicide bomber.

Though i like how the rewards are only kuva in general, i feel like its going to need people doing 2 conduits at the same time to speed things enough to make the rate feel better then what kuva survival does. With preferably Smeetas & resource booster present of course. Maybe D.E. could bump up the kuva gains in general though if players are not enjoying it that much, even if it gives us a `new` way to farm kuva, even if you need to do around 2 rotations to get roughly more then a single siphon mission.

Also small extra, KIND of wish they fleshed out the relics better like having lower tiers more centered around Lith, semi-low to Meso, Mid-ish to Neo and actually start having mission nodes that are centered around Axi relics then constantly have Axi relics being stuck in later runs of Neo relics. Would of ATLEAST helped if some of the disruption nodes have you constantly getting Axi relics in rotation C to help make it a nice Axi farm at the very least though.

Edited by Avienas

@Avienas

I broke down and solo'd kuva disruption this evening,  all I can say is I didn't lose any control consoles, and it still doesn't even come close to the kuva I can get solo in survival. From a pure solo aspect disruption is bad compared to survival and the marks are not enough to make me change my mind. Sad thing is I enjoy the disruption game mode, but even that will not entice me to go there over survival now.

17 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

They just stated in the latest patch notes that they wont do that because it would be unfair to those who grinded concalve.

Yes I've seen that and I'm pretty disappointed. This is a meaningless reason imo, and they've violated that same rule countless times already. They should have said that, since conclave is a pvp mode and rewards are pvp exclusives, you have to do exclusively pvp in order to get your rewards. That would have been good reasoning. Yet, the universal medallions are useless as they are right now, everything can be farmed far more efficiently since they give too little standings. Medallions would have made sense only in conclave, but they scrapped that, so no sense whatsoever in even grinding them right now. 

• 1 year later...

i have been playing warframe for about a year, and i only found 1, i do not know how i got it, because it had and still has a 5% drop rate, the chance of finding one is very unlikely, its basicly luck, i don't think i'm the only one to say the rate should be increased, and it gives only 1000 standing in any of the ranks, not much. but the chance is still big enough to find 2/3 if you're lucky, and if you play allot for the medallion itself