Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Hotfix 25.7.2 + 25.7.2.1

the game is nearly unplayable with these new graphics. everything is so bright with super high contrast. all changing the contrast does is put a white or black filter over whats already there. seriously corpus ship areas are headache inducing since the lighting and contrast is so out of wack. used to be able to play for hours without anything now i can barely go an hour with getting a headache. doing the jackal assassinate mission its obscene how bright these areas are. also the vallis turns almost entirely white when aim gliding. 

FEA7B77CC3368F2170FBC4E0028FD4F31362AA1B539D4D59240B4A4A4E277D5700B99D97EF3D5999167B4D747DB59D1BCC525E582D35DA640744ADE11EFB6585D9E1DD5FDFA34FC100B1439D0567C92D

On 2019-08-30 at 2:02 PM, AnneDragon said:

Filling an Ayatan Sculpture doesn't contribute towards the "Animator (socket sculptures)" Nightwave Act. A player trying to catch up and this gimps me out of a catchup act slot.

6 hours ago, Asteckie said:

Recovered “Socket ayatan” nightwave weekly, which is already 2/3 complete, but I just socketed another ayatan and it didn’t count

These are the only two I browsed this thread to, but there are a bunch of posts out with people saying the same thing, and its bothersome since it takes up a recovered weekly spot.

1 hour ago, TheUnclean_4Head said:

the game is nearly unplayable with these new graphics. everything is so bright with super high contrast. all changing the contrast does is put a white or black filter over whats already there. seriously corpus ship areas are headache inducing since the lighting and contrast is so out of wack. used to be able to play for hours without anything now i can barely go an hour with getting a headache. doing the jackal assassinate mission its obscene how bright these areas are. also the vallis turns almost entirely white when aim gliding. 

FEA7B77CC3368F2170FBC4E0028FD4F31362AA1B539D4D59240B4A4A4E277D5700B99D97EF3D5999167B4D747DB59D1BCC525E582D35DA640744ADE11EFB6585D9E1DD5FDFA34FC100B1439D0567C92D

..and don't get us started on the dojo's.  All the special lighting and fog effects?  GONE.
The subtlety to the wood grains and ceramic surfaces, let alone ANY of the plant decorations?
Wiped out.
The plains of (censored) EIDOLON!?!?
Vomit inducing.
Capt. Toque and his team really need to revert and remove this new rendering and texture mapping post haste until it is ready for prime time.
Also; FIX THE STEALTH!  Ivara's ONE saving grace...ONE... is using her prowl ability and supressed / hushed weapons.  Removing that, by intent or just pure incompetence is un-bloody-acceptable and just mean.  The Frog-cyclops is NOT a tank and needs that ninja ability or anyone maining her dies.  PERIOD.  Full stop.
I know you guys were trying to do good things, but no... you really didn't; dropping this before a long weekend was cruel.

Final point; I have read and heard IRL a LOT of people looking into getting refunds for cosmetics they bought with real-world money; finding what they bought is NOT what they saw.
This is serious, and DE, you have fostered a LOT of ire and even hatred for this mistake and then leaving it for over 4 days.
We do NOT accept "that's the way things are; we'll just get used to it."
No.
People have dropped money on you guys in good faith that their shinies will BE shiny; not cheap dime-store "happy-meal" plastic.

FIX THIS.

P.S.; I have had nothing but love for your efforts UP UNTIL THIS WEEK.  You have made a liar out of me for promoting the beauty of the game to new subscribers / players, and have disappointed and made me physically ill (no joke) trying to play the game this weekend.  Please do learn from this error and do not repeat it; DElay as long as needed and only release when you know you'll have staff ready to fix issues of this magnitude post-haste.

Thank you for a wonderful game and wonderful 'verse to participate in... don't make me or others regret it.

Edited by Shemarria

i keep getting blue flashes that make me think the stalker's coming after me, not to mention the lenses for the dual oculus are black like they're sunglasses. could something be done about these or do i have to fix it by dumping the cache or whatever for my game?

So, time for the initial impressions to fade, and feedback to be added to this dumpster fire.

1) I'll stick with the drop rates of Gauss and the weapons as good.  Miles better than the Korrudo, but that was a dumpster fire almost as good as the Braton and Lato Vandals.

2) The changes to Corpus lighting are better for about three rooms.  The infested, grineer galleon, and corpus ice planet tilesets have had their darks turned to the moon, and the only way to see anything is to make any area with light impossible to be in.  Visual improvements my backside.

3) Bugs galore.  Ran a sanctuary onslaught and only got 2 rewards despite running to round 8.  Had another corpus ship door decide not to open until I ran back to the beginning, blew up a barrel, thereby breaking the glass and allowing me to hack a console.  Could not progress, then couldn't even shoot out a window until I found an explosive barrel.

4) Rivens have been reset, yay.  I had one with 100m away, undetected, sliding, make 8 headshots.  It reset to 100m away undetected, make 8 headshots.  If Rivens are such a critical component then why exactly are they so borked so often?  I mean, the Dargyn challenges are a nightmare and 100m away headshots might as well just add "on the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis" to their description.

5) Physics on shield lancers.  SImaris targets and melee hits while unalerted.  Still borked in game.  Please see a dozen earlier comments to get more.

6) New weapons, with huge problems so that a primed version can come out in two years that fixes them to be functional and thus makes them great.  Both new weapons are completely starved of ammo.  You can mod for it, but both of them scream that the primed variants will be ammo mutation built-ins or huge changes to their reserves.  It's pretty painful to see that you're already planning for the primes, before you've even made a fun weapon.  It's Nagantaka levels of weapon screaming out that they're being intentionally released with holes that the prime will patch, without simply being improved numbers.

7) Gauss is terrible.  The 1 is useless in corridors, as the impact has a blast radius smaller than the Opticor in practice.  It's also a straight line, so unless there's a huge open area it's more trouble than simply bullet jumping.  2 is OK, but in practice seems like a shield that mitigates less damage than simply slapping on any armor buff mod.  3 has potential, but the radius is small and the visual effect is impossible to see.  It also seems to only occasionally influence enemies.  Finally 4 is a miserable release.  You give up the slight buffs from the charge-up meter and your underwhelming powers are slightly better.  Please take a second pass soon, because this is Revenant levels of fringe usage cases that kill an otherwise interesting premise under the weight of mediocrity.

8 ) Oh look, there's no schedule for Nightwave, and the reward is again 15 credits per level.  75 credits for a reactor/catalyst.  That means 5*10,000 = 50,000 standing points for one item after grinding it out.  You're just shy of a catalyst/reactor with everything you grind for in a week, and still have to take that BP and make it with resources....Do you get why Nightwave fails yet?  No content+no plan+lack luster rewards+challenges in a game where fashion frame literally is endgame=fail.  

9) This one really kills me.  I'm suddenly earning new sigils.  I've got the stalker, jackal, and a couple of others again.  One step forward, and two back.

10) Riven challenges.  I understand there's a pool.  I've gotten about 7 pistol rivens in four weeks.  4 of them are get 3 headshot kills in a single aim glide.  Likewise 2 rivens in a row were unveiled for the same weapon.  I think there's some shenanigans going on behind the scenes, where these are nowhere near random.  I wouldn't make this statement if I hadn't seen so many statistical shenanigans, and if you were honest in your presentation of drop tables.  The Wiki listing two drops as 50% each, and hidden in the header is a 2% overall drop rate, means this is a 1% drop rate item.  That's sneaky at the best of times.

I've spent platinum on Harrow, because the skin is interesting.  It's about 70% not there, but that's nice given how little love Harrow has received with the whole anti-team kit.  That said, I'm tapped out.  Grendel gets no love, and even a good Zephyr skin isn't something I would care to support.  It's getting a bit depressing to know I've basically paid out a full AAA title worth of money for every year I've actively played the game, and basics of the game (procedural generation of rooms has a path from start to finish) is lacking.  Cripes No Man's Sky is making more progress, revolves around procedural generation, and is now more stable than Warframe.  It pains me to say this, but maybe it's time to learn from the greatest con-man in video game marketing, and stop running hype.  At least, barring that low bar, it's time to make sure the basics work and that every new release doesn't create as many bugs as it fixes.

2 hours ago, TheUnclean_4Head said:

really sucks that we got these "visual improvements" dumped on us just before the long weekend. wouldve been fine with just the new stuff but nah gotta fix what isnt broken. 

seen that a couple of times now, this "fixing what isn't broken" and I honestly don't get DE in that part.
Old melee wasn't broken either, it just wasn't to everybody's liking. No toggle, full switch. Well thanks...
I finish scanning an animal, move around a bit, want to scan the next thing, BOOM goes my primary weapon. Same when getting in and out of the archwing. The game auto-switches to my primary weapon. Thanks for that "improvement" it is not the least bit annoying! More and more control is taken from the player. I don't want the game to be more comfy for me, I don't want the game to think for me. I wanna play my way.

3 minutes ago, Silescere said:

seen that a couple of times now, this "fixing what isn't broken" and I honestly don't get DE in that part.
Old melee wasn't broken either, it just wasn't to everybody's liking. No toggle, full switch. Well thanks...
I finish scanning an animal, move around a bit, want to scan the next thing, BOOM goes my primary weapon. Same when getting in and out of the archwing. The game auto-switches to my primary weapon. Thanks for that "improvement" it is not the least bit annoying! More and more control is taken from the player. I don't want the game to be more comfy for me, I don't want the game to think for me. I wanna play my way.

cant tell you how many times ive blasted some poor condroc or kuake thinking my tranq was out. 

1 minute ago, TheUnclean_4Head said:

cant tell you how many times ive blasted some poor condroc or kuake thinking my tranq was out. 

Yes T-T Emperor even. Or how many times I accidently alerted a whole Spy level, because my Tigris went of instead of my hushed secondary...

On 2019-08-31 at 3:25 AM, SandDune said:

And I was having so much fun creating eldritch abomination children with this...

47nW6eT.jpg

I think if warframe "clothing" was sold as operator clothing, it'd open up some rather nice fashion options.

Doesn't have to be exactly the same bits and pieces as from a warframe like what is seen in the glitched screenshot. It can be "warframe-inspired" clothing. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

No more guitar hero, pls, its a complete nonsense to release a guitar hero when millions of veterans are asking for endgame or new lore quests. Pls DE, define your priorities, a guitar hero is never a priority, except for the official Guitar Hero developers. 

And suddenly I can't rotate my operator anymore during customization...
This fixed itself after going to the Dojo and back and some missions in between. Weird o_O But glad that function is back.

Another bug: The explosive Orokin containers now look like their non-explosive counterparts. With a green light. Well thanks

Edited by Silescere