Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liv.Somik

New update increased enemy detection range and reaction time?

The enemies are like freakin John wick level now, they can see you across the map and attack you immediately, I've seen them started shooting me before the door between us was even opened, and they detected me melee killing another batch of enemy behind a wall somehow. I can't stay in stealth exp bonus right now cuz the enemies are so sensitive that 70% of them can see me before Equinox can even cast sleep on them. I was able to get around 50k to 70k focus in 1 extermination run but now I can only get around 10k with double exp and lucky kavat. 

To be fair you probably shouldn't have killed their dogs... As for focus farming kill eidolons and make a saryn/volt/equinox (or other frames work to those are the most common) for ESO this actually got even easier now that you can get the even better Lua lens.

9 minutes ago, TheVinn said:

By design. Now you have to actually earn your focus.

Spawned Enemies INSTANTLY started shooting at me in the Simulacrum the moment I spawned them in. They could see me all the way on the platform and take immediate action. I'm pretty sure THAT'S not "by Design". =w="

This change is affecting every type that's not tenno (animals in fortuna for example are harder to pull of a perfect capture now, turrets in Cetus shoot you from across the map[not literally but from way further than before] ).

Please for the love of everything awesome don't start a thread about this and how bad it is,

It has been YEARS since myself and almost everyone i encounter in game, enjoyed the pacing of Inty / Defense etc it's actually fun and quick to progress to higher levels of enemies and rotations

DE - DO NOT REVERT!

Tenno: -enters orbit around planet-

Grineer: -start wildly shooting their Grakatas into the air-

On 2019-08-30 at 2:29 PM, TheVinn said:

I mean...focus farming with Ivara is virtually unchanged so idk what the hell you’re on about.

I noticed this to and was wondering wtf changed. I use to notice that on low level maps the enemies were a little more stupid or hard of seeing because I would almost be right up on them before they even saw me but recently I noticed they can see me from across the map. Guess it was a stealth change or something.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

Tenno: -enters orbit around planet-

Grineer: -start wildly shooting their Grakatas into the air-

The worst part is that if that happened, they'd consistently hit you even at that range.

Maybe is that Nemesis system, they now we are coming because we kill them like billion times 😁

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

The worst part is that if that happened, they'd consistently hit you even at that range.

They ain’t star troopers! 

THEY ARE THE GRINEER!

Yeah tbh having the enemies be more alert again I see as more positive. It was a little silly just how blind they have been in the last few months. 

That explains that.  Was doing some missions on my new Saryn in PoE.  Ended up being squishier than I thought, so I ended up hiding away from the group, and taking pot shots. 

Despite not doing much, I was constantly getting pegged by sniper machine gun fire by Grineer I legit could barely see.  Nor should I have even gotten their aggro.  It was quite annoying.

Not saying it needs a revert, but it really should have an explicit notice that this was changed.

8 hours ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Please for the love of everything awesome don't start a thread about this and how bad it is,

It has been YEARS since myself and almost everyone i encounter in game, enjoyed the pacing of Inty / Defense etc it's actually fun and quick to progress to higher levels of enemies and rotations

DE - DO NOT REVERT!

At least for Interception and Defence, enemies spawn in at an alerted state, so it's possible to increase their detection range without influencing the detection range of unalerted enemies (as others in the thread seem to be focusing on).

Also, regarding pacing of those modes: would increasing enemy walk speeds not also make it go a bit faster? Or at least feel better. I think they move slower when they're firing, so...

On 2019-08-30 at 1:29 PM, TheVinn said:

not really. i get about 70k with an eidolon lens on weapon and a normal lens on my frame. it would be 120k for eidolon lens on both, and lua lens would be even better. all that in 4 minutes per run.

On 2019-08-30 at 9:20 PM, Liv.Somik said:

The enemies are like freakin John wick level now, they can see you across the map and attack you immediately, I've seen them started shooting me before the door between us was even opened, and they detected me melee killing another batch of enemy behind a wall somehow. I can't stay in stealth exp bonus right now cuz the enemies are so sensitive that 70% of them can see me before Equinox can even cast sleep on them. I was able to get around 50k to 70k focus in 1 extermination run but now I can only get around 10k with double exp and lucky kavat. 

More challenge!...great!!!