Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volume keeps varying

DynHamid

I've been experiencing weird sound issues since Saint of Altra aired.

At first it was unregularly loud which is why I turned it down a lot.. After that I recognized that the volume keeps varying when transmissions come in
or if I just walk around in my orbiter. In my orbiter, menu sounds and steps are sometimes louder, sometimes quieter.
Same goes for missions, e.g. gunshots etc.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Edited by DynHamid

Solved it by myself.
So I found out that after a certain Windows Update, Dolby Audio Sound Effects are being turned on automatically which I needed to turn off in the control panels speaker properties, thats it.

Thread can be closed now.🤙

В 01.09.2019 в 20:28, DynHamid сказал:

So I found out that after a certain Windows Update, Dolby Audio Sound Effects are being turned on automatically which I needed to turn off in the control panels speaker properties, thats it.

Can you tell me what exactly you did turn off, please? I've installed KB4512941 yesterday, which, supposedly, "addresses an issue that prevents certain games from leveraging Spatial Audio capabilities", and today the game sounds hilariously bad if sounds come off from the side or from behind - the volume drops significantly for these sounds only, and they feel completely flat. I'm using a Sound Blaster USB sound card and can't find any new sound settings to tweak.

For the record - "Spatial sound format" setting in "Spatial sound" tab in device settings is set to None, and Dolby option is not even present and requires installation of Dolby Access from Microsoft Store, apparentely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, specrt said:

Can you tell me what exactly you did turn off, please?

All I did was:

1. Windows Search: Control Panel
  2. Hardware and Sound
  3. Sound
  4. Spoiler

rdkrkjm8RJ25x_8Q0qbfWw.png

5. Spoiler

vwQbJEW9ToCRzFDjmXo6Kg.png

That's all it takes.

If you don't have that option, you can try to activate "Disable all sound effects" at the Enhancements tab. Otherwise I can't give you any more advice on that.

Edited by DynHamid

3 минуты назад, DynHamid сказал:

All I did was:

1. Windows Search: Control Panel
  2. Hardware and Sound
  3. Sound
  4.   Показать контент

rdkrkjm8RJ25x_8Q0qbfWw.png

5.   Показать контент

vwQbJEW9ToCRzFDjmXo6Kg.png

That's all it takes.

If you don't have that option, you can try to activate "Disable all sound effects" at the Enhancements tab. Otherwise I can't give you any more advice on that.

I'm getting 403 on your screenshots, but I think I get it where I should be looking. Unfortunately, that hasn't helped already, so I've moved my question to a new thread. Thanks for reply.