Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss first ability problem [Solved]

Alpha56

Edit : Solved

As mentionned by Drakenar6, neo3587s and Ifeanoiba you can maintain Mach rush by just holding the moving forward key.

Hope this help.

Thanks for the replies! 

Mach Rush (first ability):

Burst into a hyper-sprint bowling over enemies and charging the battery.

Crashing into solid objects generates a powerful shockwave.

Hold to rush continuously.

Can someone explain to me how i am supposed to change of direction to the left when holding the 1 key ?

It's just impossible to hold 1 and at the same time to press the left directional key behind (Q for AZERTY or A for QWERTY).

So, how are we supposed to deal with that ?

Edited by Alpha56

Well, I have the "use ability" command bound to one of the thumb buttons on my Logitech G903, so I don't think it will be a problem for me.

Don't know how that could help you, though. You might have to try different key bindings to get a better setup.

Edited by KnossosTNC

il y a 25 minutes, KnossosTNC a dit :

Well, I have the "use ability" command bound to one of the thumb buttons on my G903, so I don't think it will be a problem for me.

Don't know how that could help you, though. You might have to try different key bindings to get a better setup.

I won't change my keys binding just for one power ability of one warframe, since i play with the "1" "2" "3" "4" and "Z" "S" "Q" "D" (AZERTY) keys since the beginning (beta).

Edited by Alpha56

1 minute ago, Alpha56 said:

I won't change my keys binding just for one power ability of one warframe, since i play with the "1" "2" "3" "4" and "Z" "S" "Q" "D" "AZERTY" key since the beginning (2013).

"I refuse to do the one thing that would instantly solve my problem, please re-code the game to suit me instead." Okay...

• Like 2

I won't change my keys binding just for one power ability of one warframe, since i play with the "1" "2" "3" "4" and "Z" "S" "Q" "D" (AZERTY) key since the beginning (beta).

Then I don't know how I could help you, mate. Either you have to adapt, or DE have to make changes to accommodate you. Either way, I'm out of the loop.

il y a 6 minutes, sinnae a dit :

"I refuse to do the one thing that would instantly solve my problem, please re-code the game to suit me instead." Okay...

If i can't use my keys that i'm using since 2013, maybe it's that something is wrong here in the implementation.

And yes, i have 6 years of muscle memories, no way i'll change now for ONE power ability.

Edited by Alpha56

Perhaps the game's roster has expanded and there are new frames with new abilities that necessitate change. I'm not sure where stubbornly refusing to do the one simple thing that'll fix your problem is going to get you but I wish you luck in getting there.

il y a 6 minutes, CoolDudeMcCool a dit :

You can set keybinds to scroll through your abilities(I think it's the mouse wheel by default, if it's not that's a really good option) and then set a button to use the currently selected ability separately from your regular ability 1/2/3/4 keybinds. That might help.

Thanks for the reply but it wouldn't help at all for me, since i find this solution bad as i can't smash fast few abilities / or at the same time.

Edited by Alpha56

Well i just tried again, and the only solution to this that i see is to use the normal direction of the game with the mouse.

When you run, you move in the direction of your aim, i think it should be the same for this power ability and i don't see why it shouldn't.

My concern is valid and i won't be the only one in that case.

Edited by Alpha56

Press and hold num 1 (or whatever you have bound to ability 1), and then press and hold W (or what is bound to forward), then let go of 1, and the ability will keep going until you hit a wall or let go of W, Also you can't really turn with the directional like A and D, you have to use the mouse, either look to the left or right, and except and large arch for the turn, holding A or D with the mouse can tighten the turn a bit, but be careful because you may hit a wall

Edited by Hyro1
added turning stuff

il y a 15 minutes, Hyro1 a dit :

Also you can't really turn with the directional like A and D, you have to use the mouse, either look to the left or right, and except and large arch for the turn, holding A or D with the mouse can tighten the turn a bit, but be careful because you may hit a wall

Yes and that's what is even worse, it's unprecise, disorienting and too complicated for nothing (or maybe DE had a reason to make this that way).

Edited by Alpha56

Yes and that's what is even worse, it's unprecise, desorienting and too complicated for nothing (or maybe DE had a reason to make this that way).

The whole point of his 1 is to ram into walls for the damage, or to use in large spaces or hallways with his 4th for even more damage

You don't need to hold it all the time, once Gauss starts to sprint you can release the button and will keep sprinting, it's like his 3rd skill, tap for cold, hold for fire, but you don't need to hold it all the time to keep the fire ring.

this is why there is a design in gauss 1 the people are complaining about right now basically if u hold his 1 a bit while moving forward u dont have to hold his 1 to keep moving just the forward button u stop when u jump slide change weapon or stop pressing forward hope this helps  

il y a une heure, neo3587s a dit :

You don't need to hold it all the time, once Gauss starts to sprint you can release the button and will keep sprinting, it's like his 3rd skill, tap for cold, hold for fire, but you don't need to hold it all the time to keep the fire ring.

il y a une heure, Ifeanoiba a dit :

this is why there is a design in gauss 1 the people are complaining about right now basically if u hold his 1 a bit while moving forward u dont have to hold his 1 to keep moving just the forward button u stop when u jump slide change weapon or stop pressing forward hope this helps  

Thanks for the replies, i got it. Well it wasn't really obvious.

I taked my infos only on wikia and there was no mention of this, and i just saw this in the game tips on the last tab after your messages.

So i would say solved, even if i still find the control a bit weird.

Edited by Alpha56