Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extracting Forma

(PSN)Valaois

It'd be cool if there was a 1 time use forma extractor added to eidolon rewards or rotations. I'm sitting on more riven transmuters than I'll ever need and feel like being able to extract forma on gear i'm no longer interested in/plan to use would come in handy more so than these transmuters that continue to pile up.

I didn't expect to say that... but I would find that extractor to be useful. Mostly due to me having exact same pile of transmuters I will never use. A couple of issues though.

• So if you extract forma, what will happent to gear in question? Will it de-rank to 0? Then you could have just use another forma to install blank polarity there thus leaving me with the pile of extractors. It wouldn't de-rank? Now we are talking some economy breaking stuff here. Why will I ever bother to craft/buy more than... hmmmm... 40-ish forma for example for all my gear?
  • At some point you and some amount of other people (depends on spending habits, frequency of hunting, etc) will end up with the pile of extractors anyways.

So if that ever is going to be implemented, I'd assume that would be an item you get from the market for plat instead of a common guaranteed drop from tridolon. Also I would gladly trade my transmuters for something else. Like endo or kuva (though I don't really that much into riven rolling) or even credits.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Valaois:

It'd be cool if there was a 1 time use forma extractor added to eidolon rewards or rotations. I'm sitting on more riven transmuters than I'll ever need and feel like being able to extract forma on gear i'm no longer interested in/plan to use would come in handy more so than these transmuters that continue to pile up.

Technically a good idea but there should be more ways to get them. Ad this to Sorti and Arbitration. Also im not sur if you ment this but it should recycle all used forma on an item. There is no point in getting an Single use item to remove one forma. Like this you could straight up add forma to Eidolons. My idea:

- Blueprints drop on Arbitration, Eidolons, maybe the big spider things and future "Endgame" content.

- Use in the same way you currently use Forma, Umbra forma and Aura forma.

- Once "installed" on a Weapon, Companion, Warframe, Archwing or Sentinel you will get Every used Forma fully build back.

-The De-formad item gets Destroyed

But the building costs should be kinda high so Forma dont lose there last value.

Edited by MediumRareLizard

TBH, this seems like putting the cart before the horse, formas are expendable by design, they're easy to get and craft with the "hardest" part being the 24 hour wait, which is straight up there to get you to rush or just buy them.

Basically it's in DE's interest to keep the forma economy flowing.

1 hour ago, Darth_Predator said:

I didn't expect to say that... but I would find that extractor to be useful. Mostly due to me having exact same pile of transmuters I will never use. A couple of issues though.

• So if you extract forma, what will happent to gear in question? Will it de-rank to 0? Then you could have just use another forma to install blank polarity there thus leaving me with the pile of extractors. It wouldn't de-rank? Now we are talking some economy breaking stuff here. Why will I ever bother to craft/buy more than... hmmmm... 40-ish forma for example for all my gear?
  • At some point you and some amount of other people (depends on spending habits, frequency of hunting, etc) will end up with the pile of extractors anyways.

So if that ever is going to be implemented, I'd assume that would be an item you get from the market for plat instead of a common guaranteed drop from tridolon. Also I would gladly trade my transmuters for something else. Like endo or kuva (though I don't really that much into riven rolling) or even credits.

The way I imagined it is using a forma extractor would destroy the item in the process. If DE were to implement this and the community found that a bit too harsh, then resetting the item to 0 would be the alternative.

48 minutes ago, MediumRareLizard said:

Technically a good idea but there should be more ways to get them. Ad this to Sorti and Arbitration. Also im not sur if you ment this but it should recycle all used forma on an item. There is no point in getting an Single use item to remove one forma. Like this you could straight up add forma to Eidolons. My idea:

- Blueprints drop on Arbitration, Eidolons, maybe the big spider things and future "Endgame" content.

- Use in the same way you currently use Forma, Umbra forma and Aura forma.

- Once "installed" on a Weapon, Companion, Warframe, Archwing or Sentinel you will get Every used Forma fully build back.

-The De-formad item gets Destroyed

But the building costs should be kinda high so Forma dont lose there last value.

I'm not sure about sorties, but I had arbitration in mind when I mentioned rotations, and yep, using the forma extractor would give you all the forma you had on the item destroying it in the process. Also, I don't think forma would lose their value because of the extractor considering you'd only be recycling, meaning you already went through the process of repeatedly leveling that gear, plus I think having the item destroyed is a pretty good compromise. 

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Valaois:

Also, I don't think forma would lose their value because of the extractor considering you'd only be recycling, meaning you already went through the process of repeatedly leveling that gear, plus I think having the item destroyed is a pretty good compromise

the problem is that you only play like 3 maybe 5 weapons and at max 7 frames till you hit the pont of not having anything to do and revisit thee old stuff. So when you start the game as MR0 you you will need a maximum of 50 Forma to do everything in game with at least the top 2 frame for its specific field of use (Rhino for eidolon, Trinity for support etc.) So its only QOL when you Hit the MR20+ and after this you usually have 30+ Forma not used just because you build one every day.

27 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

TBH, this seems like putting the cart before the horse, formas are expendable by design, they're easy to get and craft with the "hardest" part being the 24 hour wait, which is straight up there to get you to rush or just buy them.

Basically it's in DE's interest to keep the forma economy flowing.

While formas are easy to get, crafting 1 a day isn't ideal imo, which is why I'd prefer to be able to recycle formas on old gear I no longer use if DE plans to keep things how they are. The way I see it, DE doesn't really lose out unless a huge portion of the Warframe community is sitting on a bunch of forma'd gear they no longer use and could extract. In my case, I have a few weapons I beefed up thinking I'd use often just to forget about them and those wasted formas could be going toward new builds. If we were able to build multiple formas at once then it wouldn't really be an issue I think, but 1 forma a day just isn't cutting it. I realize this is probably what DE wants, people to grow impatient and spend plat to rush things, but here's to hoping they'll show mercy with a little QoL lol

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Valaois:

I realize this is probably what DE wants, people to grow impatient and spend plat to rush things

I honestly hope no one every in the History of Warframe rushed a Forma. Rush costs 20p, Buying 3 costs 35. But i get the point. A similar post was up some days ago about the fact we still have Mobile game like Idle time for almost every item ingame.

2 minutes ago, MediumRareLizard said:

I honestly hope no one every in the History of Warframe rushed a Forma. Rush costs 20p, Buying 3 costs 35. But i get the point. A similar post was up some days ago about the fact we still have Mobile game like Idle time for almost every item ingame.

There's been times when I nearly gave in and rushed forma lol. I only look at blueprints in the Market so I just recently discovered the forma bundle existed which does help alot when I have spare plat, but waiting for days to gather all the forma needed to complete a build for testing kills the excitement a bit, for me at least.

13 minutes ago, MediumRareLizard said:

Rush costs 10p, a forma from the market costs 20P, as long as you don't mind the resource requirement rushing is the best deal plat-wise.

To be clear, I don't rush forma though 😛

2 часа назад, (PS4)Valaois сказал:

The way I imagined it is using a forma extractor would destroy the item in the process.

Well, in this scenario I would never use the thing in the first place. I'm not going to destroy my prime frame just to get one forma 😄 I can see the appeal to extract stuff you formaed just for the sake of nightwave act or due to mistakes of early stages of the game though.

Still on the fence about it. One part of me wants it, another one tell me this is probably flawed idea.

6 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

Well, in this scenario I would never use the thing in the first place. I'm not going to destroy my prime frame just to get one forma 😄 I can see the appeal to extract stuff you formaed just for the sake of nightwave act or due to mistakes of early stages of the game though.

Still on the fence about it. One part of me wants it, another one tell me this is probably flawed idea.

Well, you'd really only be using it on items you don't use anymore, not really meant to allow you to swap formas back and forth.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

I gave a reason on why you'd extract them. Maybe you wouldn't find an extractor useful, but others could, myself included.

Whether you would find it useful or not is irrelevant. The game treats them as disposable so any related systems must work off that fact. Their build requirements are trivial if you play lots or are an easy push to be bought whole from the Market.

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Whether you would find it useful or not is irrelevant. The game treats them as disposable so any related systems must work off that fact. Their build requirements are trivial if you play lots or are an easy push to be bought whole from the Market.

Build requirements isn't an issue, and I mentioned recognizing DE's position of making forma time costly to get people to rush their builds or to just buy forma from the market. That doesn't change my view. I still believe an extractor would be a nice addition which is why this post exists in hopes that DE would consider it, though I realize is highly unlikely.

Am 31.8.2019 um 08:55 schrieb rapt0rman:

Rush costs 10p, a forma from the market costs 20P, as long as you don't mind the resource requirement rushing is the best deal plat-wise.

well. since i never rush stuff exept Frames and some really important things im not up to date, pretty sure it was 20p to rush a forma. But then again, why buy 1 forma for 20 when you can get 3 for 35?

3 hours ago, MediumRareLizard said:

well. since i never rush stuff exept Frames and some really important things im not up to date, pretty sure it was 20p to rush a forma. But then again, why buy 1 forma for 20 when you can get 3 for 35?

I don't buy single forma either.

On 2019-08-31 at 12:14 AM, (PS4)Valaois said:

The way I imagined it is using a forma extractor would destroy the item in the process. If DE were to implement this and the community found that a bit too harsh, then resetting the item to 0 would be the alternative.

You're crazy. No one wants to throw away a weapon just to recover a forma. Forma are cheap and expendable.

Look, there's arguments for, but they're completely outweighed by the simple fact that DE made it possible to use Forma to remove a Polarity already. If you don't want that polarity on your build, you can use a Forma to get rid of it, or change it.

There might be a reason in your mind to change this, to implement a reward that does remove a polarity without resetting the frame/weapon to 0, but it is genuinely such a niche desire that there's no reason for DE to actually do it.

DE, on the other hand, do have a reason not to do it, which is that they already built this exact function into the Forma system and their argument against it will be simply this: any change to the polarity on a warframe/weapon comes at the cost of resetting the item to 0.

That's it. That's what they'll say. Your 'extractor' item will not go through because your goal here is to get a change to the frame's polarity layout without actually resetting the item and needing to rank it back up. 

7 hours ago, sinnae said:

You're crazy. No one wants to throw away a weapon just to recover a forma. Forma are cheap and expendable.

I'm sure there are other folks out there looking at unused gear in their arsenal thinking those wasted formas could be put to use in other things that would actually be used. Also, most of my weapons have 3+ formas in them, so it's not just A forma, when you have multiple weapons not being put to use, those 3 to 4 formas start adding up.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

7 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Look, there's arguments for, but they're completely outweighed by the simple fact that DE made it possible to use Forma to remove a Polarity already. If you don't want that polarity on your build, you can use a Forma to get rid of it, or change it.

There might be a reason in your mind to change this, to implement a reward that does remove a polarity without resetting the frame/weapon to 0, but it is genuinely such a niche desire that there's no reason for DE to actually do it.

DE, on the other hand, do have a reason not to do it, which is that they already built this exact function into the Forma system and their argument against it will be simply this: any change to the polarity on a warframe/weapon comes at the cost of resetting the item to 0.

That's it. That's what they'll say. Your 'extractor' item will not go through because your goal here is to get a change to the frame's polarity layout without actually resetting the item and needing to rank it back up. 

Not to sound harsh, but did you actually read any of the comments in this thread? This thread isn't discussing polarities at all, it's about removing formas from gear and putting them to use in other gear, that's it. Nothing related to changing how polarities work.

Edit: Here's an example for clarification:

Not too long ago I got a Penta riven free from a clan mate with decent stats so I bought a Secura Penta and forma'd 3 times. Turns out I didn't like the Penta and ended up selling the riven so now I have a Secura Penta forma'd 3 times that I won't be using. Instead of simply deleting the Secura Penta wasting those 3 formas, if a forma extractor existed, I could remove the 3 formas from my Secura Penta destroying the penta in the process and saving the forma that can now be used for something else.

Hope this cleared any confusion and gave a better idea of why/when the extractor would be used. The extracted formas would function just like any other forma. Level your gear to 30, slap on a forma then it's reset to 0 and rinse/repeat.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois