Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tonkor

CaffeineTanuki

So, I've been wanting to make my ideal grenade launcher for a while, but finally got around to re-building and re-potatoing a Tonkor. Sadly, the Tonkor will never be what i want it to be. The grenades explode midair if they dont hit anything, instead of just on contact. I would love to see this changed to make the Tonkor more realistic and immersive. Instead, I have to use a mod slot to put an unranked Adhesive Blast to keep them from exploding before hitting the ground, and when they do stick that 17% of times, they take a while to go off.

I know nobody will read this because nobody cares about the Tonkor, but I do.

-An Explosion-Happy Tenno.

4 hours ago, Skyward_Knight said:

The grenades explode midair if they dont hit anything, instead of just on contact.

That sounds like a bug, they are most definitely supposed to 'splode on contact.

Are you maybe shooting through Electric Shield or something?
Because that interaction was bugged for a bit and produced what you're describing, maybe that bug is back?

Either way, you should probably make a bug report.

Would still love a re-visit to the grenade launchers. They've fallen so harshly by the wayside because of bad stats or not being optimal. Like how Tonkor only has one shot before needing to reload, or how the Penta has only 10% crit and status. Even the Zarr falls victim to bad stats, only having a crit of 17% on the cluster bomb even though it has a 2.5x crit multi. These weapons simply didnt get enough love, and now they've been forgotten to most. I personally wouldn't mind having more ammo in my Tonkor if it meant having a slower reload time.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, because about 10% of the time, for me, they don't explode at all. And this is when they have travelled more than a sufficient amount of distance. I'm assuming it's a bug.

Edit: I actually just read that the grenades will disarm if they've travelled in the air for more than 5 seconds. Except in the cases that I've encountered, they have not been in the air anywhere close to that long.

Edited by z3us32610

AFAIR you can make Tonkor bombs explode on contact regardless if it is enemy or surface. But only if you use flight speed mod + augmented Zephyr's Turbulence with decent AS.

Welp. At least two launchers make Mag do crazy stuff: Miter and Penta series. Just pop a magnet dome aaaaannnd... to be continued.

Overall Tonkor feels very dangerous since if you miss and the bomb won't go off, you'd better stay away from that place!

Also the bomb nerf won't counting headshot/weakspot in damage multiplification anymore thanx to the Tonkor. So... yeah.

Correct me if I might be wrong somewhere.

On 2019-08-31 at 6:36 AM, Skyward_Knight said:

So, I've been wanting to make my ideal grenade launcher for a while, but finally got around to re-building and re-potatoing a Tonkor. Sadly, the Tonkor will never be what i want it to be. The grenades explode midair if they dont hit anything, instead of just on contact. I would love to see this changed to make the Tonkor more realistic and immersive. Instead, I have to use a mod slot to put an unranked Adhesive Blast to keep them from exploding before hitting the ground, and when they do stick that 17% of times, they take a while to go off.

I know nobody will read this because nobody cares about the Tonkor, but I do.

-An Explosion-Happy Tenno.

that doesnt happen to me

4 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

AFAIR you can make Tonkor bombs explode on contact regardless if it is enemy or surface. But only if you use flight speed mod + augmented Zephyr's Turbulence with decent AS.

Your information is just slightly out of date, heh.

Tonkor is a simple on-impact-detonation weapon now, the bouncing / enemy contact thing was removed quite a while ago.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Tonkor

Edited by NinjaZeku

7 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

It would be great if Tonkor’s base damage type wasn’t Blast. It would certainly bolster its damage just a slight bit higher.

it wouldn't really make sense if it were changed. Blast is an explosion, and the Tonkor is a normal grenade launcher. no fancy elements, no unique tidbits, just a normal grenade launcher.

if anything, its crit multiplier or crit chance would be the ideal thing to buff, as it has the highest base damage of all the grenade launcher weapons.

6 часов назад, NinjaZeku сказал:

slightly

It appears not in any way slightly. I never paid attention to it aside of its nerf (even before the nerf).

It seem more like Ogripenta now. Or Pentogris? Interesting boomstick nontheless, sporting highest damage of all launcher class. A pity it is contact action. I'd love to lob a couple in those sweet Mag's... hm... domes...

On 2019-08-31 at 10:53 AM, Skyward_Knight said:

Would still love a re-visit to the grenade launchers. They've fallen so harshly by the wayside because of bad stats or not being optimal. Like how Tonkor only has one shot before needing to reload, or how the Penta has only 10% crit and status. Even the Zarr falls victim to bad stats, only having a crit of 17% on the cluster bomb even though it has a 2.5x crit multi. These weapons simply didnt get enough love, and now they've been forgotten to most. I personally wouldn't mind having more ammo in my Tonkor if it meant having a slower reload time.

I believe this was because it was released around the time that rivens were and they were afraid of the rivens making it too oppressive if it had good base stats--instead the riven became "required" for it to be any good.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Shrapnel! Sends out a bunch of projectiles out from the blast in random directions. 

I don't see the proc as the primary problem, especially with something like the Tonkor.   It's the resistance profiles of enemies.   Blast is strong against Fossilized Infested, but Corrosive is even better.  It's the best damage type versus Grineer Machinery...which unfortunately is comical as a strength, given how inconsequential these units are. 

The proc is situational, but can be pretty good.   And even when it's not good, well, at least it's amusing.

Edited by Tiltskillet