Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin. Should it be more more easy?

Kharitus

Soooo... Let's be honest. I like shawzin. It's a funny addition to the game. But... I'm not a tryhard guitar hero expert which means that I'm not that good at playing the thing. I kinda wish shawzin could be like Mandachord, so you will not have to struggle a lot at recording the songs. I mean, everyone should know that thosw countless Mandachord songs exist on youtube and everyone can use them. And now I,agine if people had to play octavia like a shawzin. They would break faster than nekros mains before he was reworked and you had to spam his 3rd ability

its 123 at the left and 123 at the right, it's not really that hard, really. Try getting used to it and you will be a shawzin master in no time. Not everything must be made easier and we have slow playback option to make it slower already

• Like 5

I have no musical talent and never picked up an instrument, but I was able to play all of the pre-recorded songs that came with the Shawzin within an hour.

Repetition helps, especially if you use the slow mode and keep playing over and over. Then when you take a break and come back to it, it'll feel more and more natural each time.

I don't even know how to use it lmao

The lil icons show up showing different mouse buttons, i click them when they're inside the circle and nothing happens

Guess ill just use it as decoration...

(Also middle mouse button as input is just terrible DE pls give us the option to change that my mouse has FIVE (5) buttons)

Edited by Learicorn

12 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

If rebinding the keys will help you, they confirmed in a tweet that it's coming at some point

I think this will solve my issues. I'm thinking 1, 2, and 3 for frets and arrow left, down, and right for notes would work best.

19 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

I don't even know how to use it lmao

The lil icons show up showing different mouse buttons, i click them when they're inside the circle and nothing happens

Guess ill just use it as decoration...

(Also middle mouse button as input is just terrible DE pls give us the option to change that my mouse has FIVE (5) buttons)

1 2 3 are your note buttons. You click the mouse buttons when the note shows those on the circles. They're working on rebinds already too, which is great.

2 minutes ago, Ayures said:

I think this will solve my issues. I'm thinking 1, 2, and 3 for frets and arrow left, down, and right for notes would work best.

I'm thinking I might try to leave the numbers as they are but change the mouse buttons to the arrow keys instead, with the down arrow being space(in case they actually make that necessary at some point), not sure how it'll work out.

3 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

theres 3 buttons

there's 4 sets of 3 buttons for each note. plus one more button for vibrato

12 notes total (not counting strums) it wouldn't be difficult if each note had its own button but all but the lowest 3 of them require you to hold one of 3 other buttons to play. you're not likely gonna be using the lowest 3 notes available to you so playing any sort of actual song will have you juggling 6 different buttons to try and play 12 different notes which gets confusing really quickly. its practically as hard to learn how to play as a real instrument if a bit simplified. and most people don't want to learn how to play an instrument in a shooting game. Yeah its a side thing that dosn't effect anything but it's fun to insert your own songs into a game for others to hear, not so fun when the game slaps a MASSIVE learning curve over it in the form of having to practically learn a lagit instrument, instead of a simple composer that then auto plays your songs. starbound did this pretty well. you basically just slap a converted midi file into a folder in the game files tiled "songs" and the game auto plays it on your preferred instrument when you select it in the menu. just about any game that has that sort of guitar hero ui for playing things has a separate button for every note. an additional issue with this configuration is you can't play 2 notes at the same time that are under two different hold down buttons. it has a lot of problems all around. making macros for the songs could be a solution, but macros are pretty complicated themselves sometimes. the simplest most intuitive macro I've found doesn't work with warframe for some reason, and the game might see someone macroing a 5 minute song with 7 different inputs as afk farming and flag them for it.

pretty much only musicians can use this in the state it's in now and that alienates a huge portion of the playerbase

7 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

there's 4 sets of 3 buttons for each note. plus one more button for vibrato

12 notes total (not counting strums) it wouldn't be difficult if each note had its own button but all but the lowest 3 of them require you to hold one of 3 other buttons to play. you're not likely gonna be using the lowest 3 notes available to you so playing any sort of actual song will have you juggling 6 different buttons to try and play 12 different notes which gets confusing really quickly. its practically as hard to learn how to play as a real instrument if a bit simplified. and most people don't want to learn how to play an instrument in a shooting game. Yeah its a side thing that dosn't effect anything but it's fun to insert your own songs into a game for others to hear, not so fun when the game slaps a MASSIVE learning curve over it in the form of having to practically learn a lagit instrument, instead of a simple composer that then auto plays your songs. starbound did this pretty well. you basically just slap a converted midi file into a folder in the game files tiled "songs" and the game auto plays it on your preferred instrument when you select it in the menu. just about any game that has that sort of guitar hero ui for playing things has a separate button for every note. an additional issue with this configuration is you can't play 2 notes at the same time that are under two different hold down buttons. it has a lot of problems all around. making macros for the songs could be a solution, but macros are pretty complicated themselves sometimes. the simplest most intuitive macro I've found doesn't work with warframe for some reason, and the game might see someone macroing a 5 minute song with 7 different inputs as afk farming and flag them for it.

pretty much only musicians can use this in the state it's in now and that alienates a huge portion of the playerbase

idk but I still find it easy. Guess its just cuz ive played pc for a while

13 minutes ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

press w to go into songs. then autoplay

ohhhkay i found it. still if you want to make you're own songs you have to play them yourself and record them which sucks if you're bad at it untill someone figures out how to read the code and write it to play a song exactly the way you want it. plus there's the note limit imposed by doing it that way