Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IzzyTH-I51

Khora sub-ability switching in comparison to other abilities with sub-ability switching.

Going back to khora after a time I'm noticing that her venari command is the opposite of what everyone else is.

"Holding the ability key cycles to Venari's next battle posture."

For everyone else that has sub-ability switching it's press to switch and hold to perform, and with khora it's hold to switch press to perform.

At this point it's pretty late to bring it up, and no one cares, cause this is just how she works, but I was finding it less intuitive than the standard. 

I'm also fairly sure this is well known too though... She is the only one after all.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

Which would switch everyone else. 

You can't make every use perfect. The hold as the base form makes sense as, in theory, it is much easier to tag enemies/allies with a tap than a hold. There isn't a "right" way to have the tap/hold abilities work, the best DE can do is wing it and make the base effect as sensible as possible (which Khora is imo), then give us an option to switch if we see fit. The only better solution would be to have that toggle be Warframe-specific, but that is a fair amount of UI work for a feature that already exists.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb DrBorris:

You can't make every use perfect. The hold as the base form makes sense as, in theory, it is much easier to tag enemies/allies with a tap than a hold. There isn't a "right" way to have the tap/hold abilities work, the best DE can do is wing it and make the base effect as sensible as possible (which Khora is imo), then give us an option to switch if we see fit. The only better solution would be to have that toggle be Warframe-specific, but that is a fair amount of UI work for a feature that already exists.

You are right, but it would be best if all Abilities would act the same and then having an option to revert it on everyone, if you want it the other way.

On 2019-08-31 at 1:11 PM, DrBorris said:

The only thing they need to make it perfect is to keep it consistent across all frames, this way it doesn't matter if you prefer "tap to cast" or "tap to rotate", there is no need to change a toggle in settings every single time you decide to change from Ivara to Khora and then from Khora to Wisp or Vauban in order to keep the expected behavior.

I disagree that it needs to act the same as the others. Here's a reply I did to another thread talking about this explaining why.

On 2019-07-28 at 2:48 PM, KaijuKraid said:

If I want Venari to attack a specific target (I.E. Auditor in Index), it's nice to be able to just point my crosshair at him, press 3 and then Venari getting the kill pretty much straight afterwards. Same thing with the heal, just being able to tap to get an ally being healed is generally an awesome thing and would feel awkward if having to hold. Not only that, but unlike Wisp, Ivara and Vauban, Venari might as well be a single target ability. In the time it takes to hold down the button and the ability activating, your teammate has already bulletjumped away, your enemy may have jumped around or done something else to hinder. You literally would have to keep your crosshair perfectly on the enemy or your ally to make sure Venari actually goes to that target. 

That's the other issue also: Vauban, Ivara and Wisp have the other way around for different reasons. Unlike Khora, they are mostly AoE AND when they hold down their button you actually see something happening from the Warframe. Vauban deploys his different traps, Ivara shoots the Arrow and Wisp throws down the Mote.