Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My opinion on lighting changes.

DontRunWScissors

So, the new lighting changes, they're really just... bad. I had a gold on all of my stuff that looked fine, if not a bit saturated, now it almost looks like I'm a lego figure. My Liset had a prisma skin with the same gold, now it looks like butter/plastic, the worst part however, is something that can actually interfere with gameplay. I was running Ropy solo, as I like to do for fun sometimes, and I was just blinded after cutscenes, the terren charger, ropy's attacks, and the power conduits. It was really hard to see anything as I played, and I almost lost because of it. This problem most likely carries over to other flashy bosses. I'll update if I get any responses or find another similar problem.

In my opinion, everything looks better. It is true that some colors have different intensity and depth, but it's not that bad.

The only thing that bugs me is the lighting in some areas. I understand that there needs to be a blinding effect when you come from a dark place into a bright place, but in Fortuna it's more of a smudge effect rather than a blinding effect.

Also in tight, dark areas, and someone brings a particle effects gun. The blinding effect that used to be before was actualy really good. Now it's also an annoying smudge.

One more example would be limbos cataclysm and gauss's 3. When some players use bright energy, everything goes really dim instead of that nice "holy S#&$ my eyes are burning" effect that used to be before

Oh well...

3 hours ago, Industriellenvereinigung said:

Everything looks like Plastic now, well thanks DE.

Doubt they will ever revert it

Didn't read the patch notes, huh?

They're working on new lighting (esp of metallics) to better reflect light and look more realisitc, mostly in regard to reflections. They were very clear about this new software potentially having some poor interactions, and would be looking for player feedback to continually improve on the software's execution. Sometimes things don't go right on your first try.

Hated it at first but i'm coming around to it. At least default accents looks more gold than yellow now so that's my pet peeve sorted. Sad it's not so mirror reflective anymore, but the intended effect may be being obscured by other lighting issues. Something to do with adaptive exposure seems like, not sure. The way light levels fluctuate even when i'm stationary or washed out when close to source and overly dark in shadows. A bit like having bloom enabled at times.

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Graphics get worse with every update.

We should go back to this.

See? Easily surpasses Cyberpunk 2077!

you might be joking, but it is better than the dumpster fire that are the graphics now

the saddest part, is that the guy in charge of lightning died a few years ago, now i miss that guy cuz the graphics were beautiful back then, instead of the garbage we have now

its like they are trying to improve on the stuff that guy did but every time they touch something things just explode

Edited by Toppien

Yup, dynamic blindness has returned. Yay...

I would just turn it off, like I used to. But now that also disables like half of the other nice graphics options and makes the game look even worse. And of course, it does nothing to make the flat, plastic looking metals look better.

10 hours ago, DontRunWScissors said:

So, the new lighting changes, they're really just... bad. I had a gold on all of my stuff that looked fine, if not a bit saturated, now it almost looks like I'm a lego figure. My Liset had a prisma skin with the same gold, now it looks like butter/plastic, the worst part however, is something that can actually interfere with gameplay. I was running Ropy solo, as I like to do for fun sometimes, and I was just blinded after cutscenes, the terren charger, ropy's attacks, and the power conduits. It was really hard to see anything as I played, and I almost lost because of it. This problem most likely carries over to other flashy bosses. I'll update if I get any responses or find another similar problem.

same...my rhino looks like ricardo milos covered in caramel 😐

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Most tilesets are practically the same of today. Some of them are too low poly even for a mobile game and you can't improve that changing only the lighting or materials.

What I come off as: aDd bEtTeR tExTuReS dE, mInE aRe pIxElAtEd
What I really mean: Just put in better options (which should be coming) and make them more specific. It'll be better than just hiding a "mess"