Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DontRunWScissors

My opinion on lighting changes.

Recommended Posts

So, the new lighting changes, they're really just... bad. I had a gold on all of my stuff that looked fine, if not a bit saturated, now it almost looks like I'm a lego figure. My Liset had a prisma skin with the same gold, now it looks like butter/plastic, the worst part however, is something that can actually interfere with gameplay. I was running Ropy solo, as I like to do for fun sometimes, and I was just blinded after cutscenes, the terren charger, ropy's attacks, and the power conduits. It was really hard to see anything as I played, and I almost lost because of it. This problem most likely carries over to other flashy bosses. I'll update if I get any responses or find another similar problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The metal looks just plain awful now. I don't know how they didn't notice/thought this was okay. It's extremely noticeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, everything looks better. It is true that some colors have different intensity and depth, but it's not that bad.

The only thing that bugs me is the lighting in some areas. I understand that there needs to be a blinding effect when you come from a dark place into a bright place, but in Fortuna it's more of a smudge effect rather than a blinding effect.

Also in tight, dark areas, and someone brings a particle effects gun. The blinding effect that used to be before was actualy really good. Now it's also an annoying smudge.

One more example would be limbos cataclysm and gauss's 3. When some players use bright energy, everything goes really dim instead of that nice "holy S#&$ my eyes are burning" effect that used to be before

 

Oh well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything looks alot better now, change your brightness settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Industriellenvereinigung said:

Everything looks like Plastic now, well thanks DE.

Doubt they will ever revert it

Didn't read the patch notes, huh?

They're working on new lighting (esp of metallics) to better reflect light and look more realisitc, mostly in regard to reflections. They were very clear about this new software potentially having some poor interactions, and would be looking for player feedback to continually improve on the software's execution. Sometimes things don't go right on your first try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DontRunWScissors said:

I had a gold on all of my stuff that looked fine, if not a bit saturated, now it almost looks like I'm a lego figure.

Just out of curiosity, which color have you been using for your gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped reading at "I'm running Ropy for fun".

 

Seek help.

 

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a big regress in graphic quality. All shiny surfaces almost dissapeared...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graphics get worse with every update.

We should go back to this.

See? Easily surpasses Cyberpunk 2077!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hated it at first but i'm coming around to it. At least default accents looks more gold than yellow now so that's my pet peeve sorted. Sad it's not so mirror reflective anymore, but the intended effect may be being obscured by other lighting issues. Something to do with adaptive exposure seems like, not sure. The way light levels fluctuate even when i'm stationary or washed out when close to source and overly dark in shadows. A bit like having bloom enabled at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my spoiler mode got f*cked over (note the glasses, I know the focus screen has different lighting usually)

before

Spoiler

VV0jnGK.jpg

after

Spoiler

ShopNNV.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Graphics get worse with every update.

We should go back to this.

See? Easily surpasses Cyberpunk 2077!

you might be joking, but it is better than the dumpster fire that are the graphics now

the saddest part, is that the guy in charge of lightning died a few years ago, now i miss that guy cuz the graphics were beautiful back then, instead of the garbage we have now

its like they are trying to improve on the stuff that guy did but every time they touch something things just explode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Graphics get worse with every update.

We should go back to this.

See? Easily surpasses Cyberpunk 2077!

Actually the dim lightning looks better. Covers up bad textures and makes everything look more intimidating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, dynamic blindness has returned. Yay...

I would just turn it off, like I used to. But now that also disables like half of the other nice graphics options and makes the game look even worse. And of course, it does nothing to make the flat, plastic looking metals look better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DontRunWScissors said:

So, the new lighting changes, they're really just... bad. I had a gold on all of my stuff that looked fine, if not a bit saturated, now it almost looks like I'm a lego figure. My Liset had a prisma skin with the same gold, now it looks like butter/plastic, the worst part however, is something that can actually interfere with gameplay. I was running Ropy solo, as I like to do for fun sometimes, and I was just blinded after cutscenes, the terren charger, ropy's attacks, and the power conduits. It was really hard to see anything as I played, and I almost lost because of it. This problem most likely carries over to other flashy bosses. I'll update if I get any responses or find another similar problem.

same...my rhino looks like ricardo milos covered in caramel 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Graphics get worse with every update.

We should go back to this.

See? Easily surpasses Cyberpunk 2077!

Was that your in-game name back then lmao?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Actually the dim lightning looks better. Covers up bad textures and makes everything look more intimidating.

I agree. Lighting is extremely important and for a game like Warframe. This dim lighting is best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VotumPrime said:

I agree. Lighting is extremely important and for a game like Warframe. This dim lighting is best.

Dim lighting isn't great in my opinion, it makes it hard to see and hides textures. Just put in good textures & lighting and it'll be better than dim lighting, I guarantee it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most tilesets are practically the same of today. Some of them are too low poly even for a mobile game and you can't improve that changing only the lighting or materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Most tilesets are practically the same of today. Some of them are too low poly even for a mobile game and you can't improve that changing only the lighting or materials.

What I come off as: aDd bEtTeR tExTuReS dE, mInE aRe pIxElAtEd
What I really mean: Just put in better options (which should be coming) and make them more specific. It'll be better than just hiding a "mess"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...