The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Kuva Siphon missions..

DrakeRemorea

Question

I'm so confused I tried a Kuva Siphon for the first time. I got to the braid and it said destroy braids 0/4. So I started fighting the guards and killed like 7 of them and that thing on the side with the counters got full and the braid went from 1/4 destroyed and then disappeared. 

Can someone explain to me how they work? I havent got a squad to do it with so it's been confusing.

5 answers to this question

When you get to the siphon, you will start to hear a strange sound. That will be a kuva cloud.

The kuva cloud targets the siphon. Use sound to find it. It'll move at a steady slow pace. Destroy it with a operator amp shot, a void blast or a void dash.

Killing a cloud destroys a braid. Rinse and repeat.

If you're wondering what it looks like, here you go

Spoiler

kxdkLs3.png

• Like 1

When in doubt, consult Wiki, but here is the gist of it:

- find a Siphon (floating thingy with 4 tentacles-braids)

- ignore enemies, or clear them up if they are irritating; I do these with invisible Loki, so I just leave them alone

- wait for a braid to rise a bit and start vaccuuming

- from the direction the braid is facing, a red and black cloud of Kuva will approach, making a distinct sound

- shoot it with your amp (or Void Dash through it), that destroys a braid (if you fail this step and Kuva cloud reaches the Siphon, you get one red counter mark, get all marks and you fail)

- repeat 3 more times,

- finish original mission

Hope it helps!

Edited by Ecnemalas
Spelling :)
  • Like 2

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Siphon

To quickly summarize, you have to keep an eye on the individual “braids” on the Siphon itself. One at time, the “braids” will begin to move, and they will point in a direction. In that direction will be a red Kuva “cloud” that you have to destroy. You must use your operator Void Dash, or shoot it with your operator weapon to destroy it before it gets sucked into the Siphon.

A few more things.

-Killing enemies is not necessary. I only bother killing enemies if im bored, or they are swarming the area and preventing me from destroying the Kuva “clouds”. 

-The meter on the left that fills up, thats your “fail” condition. If you let that fill all the way up, the Siphon is complete and you dont get any Kuva. Theres no penalty to your Kuva reward if you miss a few clouds, just dont let the meter fill all the way up and you will be fine.

Edited by (PS4)SnakeLogic

You dont have to kill enemies....however.....

The kuva gaurds and kuva jesters can drop parts for the orvius blade (thrown weapon disk from Teshin)

Remember, in order to kill gaurds you need to void dash into them or use void blast to make them vulnerable and then you can use whatever weapon you want.   Jesters are the little white enemies who ride on the guards' back.  Jesters might be the only source of parts and not the gaurds??  I dont have that crap memorized lol.  

What I do is beat the holy hell out of everything until I hear the kuva siphon kick on,  Then you look at the braids to see which direction cloud is coming from and then hide in void mode and watch that direction (try to think of the doors in the room to get a better idea of where its coming from,  but they dont always use doors), when I see the cloud I use amp or dash through it.  (lega prism makes it easy but that is a very high level amp part)

I love siphons.  I recently did a 100plat give-away to a the first low rank person who could do a void siphon for me...  Alot of people tried and were like you,  faught and faught the crap enemies but totally ignored the clouds lol.   Eventually a dude won.  But im gonna use that challenge alot now to give away stuff.  

• Like 1