Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bronco Prime Vs Vasto?

Enomilli

Question

I know I ask for this plenty but I'm wondering what would be a better choice between Vasto or Bronco Prime.

One is the LEX if it were good and the other is a pocket HEK.

My loadout is still Paris Prime and Dakra Prime.

I'm still wondering which gun is better?

23 answers to this question

Better gun? Depends on how you play. As we all know, Bronco Prime is a close combat weapon, which you use to dispatch large targets efficiently.
Vasto on the other hand provides brutal DPS and is extremely effective when you become adept at targeting weakspots. Not to mention how fast it reloads and fires ^^

Better gun? Depends on how you play. As we all know, Bronco Prime is a close combat weapon, which you use to dispatch large targets efficiently.

Vasto on the other hand provides brutal DPS and is extremely effective when you become adept at targeting weakspots. Not to mention how fast it reloads and fires ^^

Hmm...so depending on what I want...

Does either one out perform the other at higher levels?

I kind of want something that can get rid of enemies pretty quickly and at the same time not make my Paris P useless.

They both seem to fit what I want...it's pretty hard to choose.

I kind of want something that can get rid of enemies pretty quickly and at the same time not make my Paris P useless.

Im just speaking out of personal experience. Bronco deals massive damage up close, while Vasto is a more faster solution for mid range combat.

I dont know how they both scale, but I do know that both require different playstyles. If I were you, Id go with the Bronco, since it provides heavy damage up close, where the Paris Prime is quite useless on

Why is all of your text centred and double spaced?

I think it depends a lot on your frame as well. If you're playing with a tankier frame who can afford to get close, Bronco Prime would be a good choice. If you're playing a frame that can't afford that I would go with Dual Vastos. 

If you take cost into consideration:

Dual Vastos (Blueprints and crafting costs) cost around 220,000.

Bronco Prime is 15,000.

If you take time into cosideration:

Dual Vastos (Making singular vastos at the same time, have all the required materials) takes one day.

Bronco Prime takes 12 hours, but you need to farm the two parts.

Why is all of your text centred and double spaced?

I like centering, as for the double spaced. When I am quoted it adds another space oddly.

Im just speaking out of personal experience. Bronco deals massive damage up close, while Vasto is a more faster solution for mid range combat.

I dont know how they both scale, but I do know that both require different playstyles. If I were you, Id go with the Bronco, since it provides heavy damage up close, where the Paris Prime is quite useless on

Which has better DPS on bosses?

I also sue MAG Prime.

...How do you do it?

[ center ]  INSERT SENTENCE HERE.  [ / center] Remove the spaces.

So far, I think it is the Vasto.

Hmm...I may stick with the Vasto then. I just hope it does not make my Paris useless.

I think it depends a lot on your frame as well. If you're playing with a tankier frame who can afford to get close, Bronco Prime would be a good choice. If you're playing a frame that can't afford that I would go with Dual Vastos. 

If you take cost into consideration:

Dual Vastos (Blueprints and crafting costs) cost around 220,000.

Bronco Prime is 15,000.

If you take time into cosideration:

Dual Vastos (Making singular vastos at the same time, have all the required materials) takes one day.

Bronco Prime takes 12 hours, but you need to farm the two parts.

Are Dual Vasto better than Vasto and Bronco Prime?]

Edited by Ystella

Dual Vasto has no rivals in the game.

Even if you find that another side weapon has better stats, it will never reach DV awesomeness.

People say that Single Vasto is better due to a faster reload, which means you don't have to sit and wait on a reload and reduce your DPS.

Any counter argument for that?

People say that Single Vasto is better due to a faster reload, which means you don't have to sit and wait on a reload and reduce your DPS.

The counter argument would be that you have double the clip size, but yes the faster reload of the single vasto does make it a difficult choice of going dual or not.

To answer the OP I'd go with the Bronco Prime if you are a sufficient bow user. It's useful for close encounters, which is doubly important since you're wielding a Dakra which is single target too.

Edited by sushidubya

The counter argument would be that you have double the clip size, but yes the faster reload of the single vasto does make it a difficult choice of going dual or not.

To answer the OP I'd go with the Bronco Prime if you are a sufficient bow user. It's useful for close encounters, which is doubly important since you're wielding a Dakra which is single target too.

Dakra is multi-target.

Does that change your opinion now?

Well, you also have to take into account Dual Vasto's faster RoF. The time to empty all the ammo is about the same when taking into account the reload time and fire rate of both variations. The main question over the single and dual is how much stopping power do you need at a given time. If six shots (or 8, if you use ice storm) is all you need for an encounter or single enemy, then Vasto is good. Otherwise, if you need 12 shots (or 17 with ice storm), then consider the Dual Vasto.

With regards to a balanced loadout, I would recommend the Bronco Prime. Its much better at filling that close range gap that the Paris is pretty horrible in. Whereas the Vastos offers the same mid-long range stopping power and could potentially eclipse the Paris.

Here's one:

If you are within the effective damage range of X light targets, where light targets are targets that the vasto can OHK and (X>vasto mag; X=<dual vasto mag), then dual vasto > vasto.

Also, IIRC effective sustained DPS over time will be about the same IF you can spam LMB fast enough, due to RoF & reload time both being doubled. However, the dual vasto will have higher burst dps, which means that if there's a heavy that you can kill in 1 dual vasto mag but not 1 vasto, dual vasto > vasto.

I stand corrected. It does hit multiple targets. It still doesn't have the reach of say an Orthos prime, so no I wouldn't change my opinion of going with a Bronco Prime vs. Vasto/Dual Vasto.

Very well thank you all for your opinions.

I only need a Bronco Prime Receiver so I'll farm for it later on today.

I haven't made the Bronco Prime yet, but I love my crit Dual Vastos. T3 Void missions I can hit heavy grineer for 1200 with headshot crits. Twice the rounds makes up for the doubled reload speed. Also, Dual Vasto has a better accuracy than single Vasto when it comes to unloading a full clip due to a muuuuuuch smaller kick back (with Steady Hands Dual Vasto have literally NO kick).