Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 9 test - help me!

BlazingStar

Question

Hello operators,

as the title suggests, I have trouble passing the Mastery Rank 9 test. Now, it's not like i just failed once and gave up, but every single post or google result is either not working anymore, or is a video from at least a year ago, in which case they do not seem to work as well - be it enemies now seeing you at the 3rd part even if you stay at the very start of the tile, or enemies being able to see you on top of pillars. I've seen some tips about using a glaive (which is unobtainable save for nightwave apparently?) or the gunblade (which doesn't work anymore) or using a frame's passive (which seems to be disabled nowadays). I have 0 trouble with the first 2 parts, but the 3rd just always fails no matter what i do. I tried to go back and just watch what their patrolls do, but i can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by BlazingStar

20 answers to this question

I created a step by step guide. The enemy movements are scripted they do not change so this will always work. But realistically, unless you are just rushing your MR and not learning how to play the game, you shouldn't be having trouble with this. And if you are rushing... don't.
This video is recent and WILL WORK.

https://youtu.be/OAFCPuJI_8Q

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that enemies only need a single hit so a quick long range weapon, preferably with a good slide attack, is desirable.

Enemies also arent immediatly alerted to you when they see you, so you still have time to rush them down when you are in the field of view. 

As a route for the final part i suggest immediatly killing the enemy on the right, then going through the middle part because the pillars provide natural cover until you are close enough to strike and then going for the last enemy at the top. All of this needs to be done very quickly so if you want to mod specifically for this test then i suggest using slide and sprint speed mods for your frame and range, attack speed and your base damage mod fo your melee weapon.

i just did it with redeemer + banshe twice without a problem so whats urs again?

maybe 1 tip i can give u if do have redeemer or any other melee that is ranged 1st u kill guard in front of u and then 2 ones on the sides for the last part

I'd love some advice here too. Stages 1 and 2 work fine.... Every youtube guide for stage 3 suggests things that no longer function. For example, hiding on the ledge and using a ranged melee weapon? No, that doesn't work now, they spot you. The guides suggesting particular paths, specifically starting with the guy in the middle? You can no longer run away fast enough to avoid detection, THAT no longer works.

At this point, if the game said "10P to bypass this test, because you won't use these skills even in spy missions", I'd cough up the Plat. There's barely a use for Stealth in the game, and where it is used, is in Spy missions, that play nothing like this test, and usually with fewer enemies in the dangerous areas to boot, with more cover.

You can practice MR tests as many times as you want by visiting any relay (like Strata or Orcus) and traveling to Cephalon Simaris. When you enter his room, go to the right, where you'll see a long line of phone booths. Go to the one for the MR 9 tests and practice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sinnae said:

You can practice MR tests as many times as you want by visiting any relay (like Strata or Orcus) and traveling to Cephalon Simaris. When you enter his room, go to the right, where you'll see a long line of phone booths. Go to the one for the MR 9 tests and practice.

That's nice to know (Though I already did)... But not actually helpful. Saying "practice" doesn't actually suggest what to DO, just tells you to go fail without consequence repeatedly. I see a lot of "practice" or "memorize patterns".... That doesn't actually help in any way, to say that.

• Like 1

Actually, I think barking orders at a new player to use loadouts or strategies without knowing why is actually much less helpful. You give OP a solution without letting them figure out for themselves why - they still don't know how to do the MR 9 test, do they?

Players demanding answers and easy solutions without bothering to learn the game themselves SMH

2 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Actually, I think barking orders at a new player to use loadouts or strategies without knowing why is actually much less helpful. You give OP a solution without letting them figure out for themselves why - they still don't know how to do the MR 9 test, do they?

Players demanding answers and easy solutions without bothering to learn the game themselves SMH

Except this test isn't actually... APPLICABLE. There's no call for the 'skills' that this test wants you demonstrating mastery of.

And no, I recall who made it. THat doesn't exactly change my response though. The information on practicing MR tests is available in many places. The information on the third stage of the MR9 test isn't, seeing as the old strategies that long time players used to 'cheese' the test, are no longer functional.

The fact that all suggested strats, despite being outdated, are either intentionally circumventing the intent of the test, or suggest very specific pathing that worked at the time, rather proves my point. Nobody really cares about 'mastering' this less than useful skillset. They just want this done, so they can move on.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm stopping at MR14, because that unlocks everything but a few Riven mods, and I don't care about Rivens. The MR system is a nice idea in theory, but the tests have been very hit or miss, so I'll be very glad to never have to engage with them ever again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

Saying "practice" doesn't actually suggest what to DO, just tells you to go fail without consequence repeatedly. I see a lot of "practice" or "memorize patterns".... That doesn't actually help in any way, to say that.

So...you don't learn from being able to try many times?
Kinda wonder what your school life is/was like...

2 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

So...you don't learn from being able to try many times?
Kinda wonder what your school life is/was like...

Like most everyone else's.... Memorize and repeat, memorize and repeat. I wish that worked here, but apparently, I can be seen behind pillars, across the map, and on one occassion, by someone I'm currently strangling to death with a staff.

Best I can suggest is Ivara plus a stack of enemy radar mods. That’ll let you see the red triangles on the minimap and wait for their backs to be turned to attack. I used a glaive for the first couple, but then switched to just regular melee attacks for the rest.

I did the PC test a few months ago without issue. Not sure if they have changed/broken it since then.

Also if you think that only specific movements work on this test, please watch till the end of my video when I demonstrate how easily and how fast it can be done by actually learning parkour which is a fundamental mechanic of the game and something you will use often, including in several of the Mastery Rank tests yet to come.