Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beloved speed volt

Shakeitbaby

3 hours ago, Shakeitbaby said:

once fastest warframe in game

Yeah, back when we only had Mag, Excalibur and Volt to choose from. You're about 6 years late my dude. 

Nova, Rhino, Wisp, are faster than both Volt and Gowss. 

Although I've seen a 9 player captura buff that makes Gauss the fastest frame. It turns the level upside down. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

6 hours ago, Shakeitbaby said:

RIP Beloved speed volt you are granny with walker now-We will miss the rush of 350% strength +speed boost aura and dispatch overdrive while beeing hit by void in relic opening missions.

Press F to pay respects !

Gauss doesn't replace Volt at all, he is kind of a solo player honestly Volt can support a team, the only "team" oriented ability he is got is his thermal thingy which has poor range and negligible damage at high levels.

Oh annoying Volt Speed buff, I am happy to see u less, letting me bounce into objects and falling off cliffs coz there is a Volt suddenly buffing me so I miss my target from 0.02 seconds ago by miles. Also, Volt is still and amazing damage/support/CC frame.

Edited by Tuench
  • Like 1

Beloved by who?

Trolls?

I get this thread is probably just being sarcastic, but it's absurd to imply Speed is liked other than by a very obnoxious vocal minority on the forums, even as a joke.

Edited by kgabor
  • Like 1

Playing Gauss for a bit and I can say Volt > Gauss any day.

Volt can speed by and maim strike - and kill things. As they say, killing is the best crowd control. Gauss mach rush is more impractical in terms of player usage - limited to just the forward direction and can't turn around corners very well, and the shockwave on impact on solid objects ragdolls stuff but doesn't kill, which is only CC, but of the annoying sort as the enemy bodies are sent tumbling about, but they are left very much alive, and frustrates team mates who were aiming.

Edited by Xepthrichros

On 2019-09-01 at 4:07 PM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Gauss doesn't replace Volt at all, he is kind of a solo player honestly Volt can support a team, the only "team" oriented ability he is got is his thermal thingy which has poor range and negligible damage at high levels.

Yes Volt is the resident speed buffing frame, but Gauss's Thermal Sunder is far from useless. Gauss's 3 applies a proc that helps Condition overload, and helps keep enemies under control, not every damaging ability needs to be all about damage. Look at Frost's 1, and Ember, they both keep enemies in place and apply a status effect on enemies, which means that they can ramp up damage on their melee weapons, as long as they inflict those affects before hand.

Gauss is a decent/solid frame. His weapons and abilities all help one another and can apply 2 to 3 different status effects with his abilities alone. The only thing he needs is synergy with other frames so they can combine status effects with his 3, like with Frost, Saryn (melee build), Volt, and Ember, and his 3 would help him work within a squad better. 

Side note, do 2 separate Gauss's Thermal Sunder stack? It would help one save on battery if blast was triggered using 2 of the frame instead of just one.

20 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Casting cold sunder twice completely freezes enemies in range, heat just applies a second proc.

But does the second effect have to come from the same Gauss that cast the first Sunder, or can the second Sunder come from another Gauss? In other words, can 2 Gauss overlap their Thermal Sunders to stack procs?