Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt build for survivability ?

NightmareT12

Question

2 answers to this question

The problem with Volt is that his different builds require mods with different polarities, so a 'fully built' Volt of one build won't be able to fully fit in other builds. This is the reason why Volt is one of the few frames that people often have more than one.

Key message though: Speed Volt is incompatible with AoE Volt and Survival Volt.

So if your Volt was mainly aimed at AoE Nukage, you might be able to fit in a hardy survivalist build.

With that said, here is my survivalist Volt build:

Primed Vigor, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Adaption
Primed Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded, Streamline

Nowdays you can replace Streamline since there are so many other ways of regaining energy. Rejuvenation is not a bad aura choice, specially if you aren't using Vazarin's Protective Dash or spamming Health Restores. Eximus Slot is larely taste here, but ever since they changed stagger animation to take priority over any other animation, Pain Threshold can save you those crucial seconds, or you can also opt for Primed Sure Footed if you dont mind the split second block animation breaking your actions.

Build relies on keeping up speed at all times, not necessarily to rush but to help you parkour around and avoid damage. It will also allow you to spam long lasting shields efficiently. Any small amount of Strength is wasted and unecessary.

Caveat: Shock will be stricly for CC with this build and have limited range, and Discharge is all but useless.

PS. Arcane Nullifier is one of the best all around defensive Arcanes. Regen on a Volt is neglible, so protection from magnetic proccs is comparatively much better.

Edited by JujuHex
Forma

EjECOUW.png

This is what I use on my Volt. It allows for Tridolon hunting, as well as long Arbitrations. Top damage build depending on how you aim. 

I play with Strun Wraith 100 % status, Rattleguts for Crit and Healing Return, CO melee weapon. How well you can survive is how well you can use your skills and weapons. 1 is a quick and cheap stun, 2 is a melee/mobility enhance, 3 is a 100 % DR with buff for ranged weapons, 4 is a decent AoE stun with some damage depending on enemy density. I use Zenurik for this build.