Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)KyomaSatomi

Kyta

Question

I don't really know how to deal with those Kyta Raknoids.

As with my last post, I told how I had problems with those things due to their overshields and CC attacks. And since they drop my most sought after Toroid, I need to figure out a way to crack those open - preferrable with and additional helping on how to survive at the Temple of Profit.

What to do?

46 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

One issue that I have is that with mods like that, I mainly see the negative side and what it takes away from the stats - regardless if the stat is neccessary or not - and that makes me feel bad about using them.

I also - as I've said in an earlier comment - that stuff like this would make my build tilted and gives it a weakspot that just waits to blow up when I can least take it.

A negative statistic can't make your build "tilted" if the stat doesn't affect your frame at all. 

As for your other issue, that seems either like a language barrier thing or a mental block and I hope you find help for that. "Negative" doesn't mean bad it just means it subtracts from a stat.

two quick things:

use Spacekid to avoid the AoE attacks quickly. it's a good emergency tool.
shoot the Disc thing on top of it, you get Headshot Multipliers from that part of the Enemy.

it's a pretty significant Enemy, so not being able to quickly DELET it unless you've been playing for a very long time isn't abnormal.
but that's fine.

on a side note, DoT can be useful on this Enemy if you're not in a position to remove it instantly, as DoT significantly increases your total Damage per Shot.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Tombfinger doe have radiation be default tho.

to be clear, your modded Elemental Type(s) was brought up because what Elemental Damage you add on via Mods is generally upwards of 80-90% of your total Damage per Shot. native Damage Types are convenient, but you can add so much more from Mods that what you had baseline is overshadowed (but still useful).

doesn't mean you need to swap to Magnetic though (since if you forget like with Blast, you'll have unfavorable results somewhere else). you can opt for something that's generally fairly neutral if you'd really like. though since there's 3 Modding tabs, you could take advantage of that, hehe.

Having read through your responses I keep seeing comments from you along the lines of "this is my build".

I suggest you take on board the player responses and modify your weapons and frame for better survivability and damage.

Weapon - remove gas damage and change your damage to any other type of damage type. I suspect you will find that gas is one of the least used damage types by other players for a reason,

Frame - I often use Rhino Prime so am familiar with potential builds. Do you have the rhino mod Iron Shrapnel equipped? If not, get it and equip it. You have build slots A, B and C. So you can copy most of your A build into a B build which is specific for this encounter. When your iron skin gets lower recast it, use the Zenurik focus school to constantly replenish your energy. As others have mentioned, for this encounter get lots of your survival mods onto your frame.

These simple changes should significantly help. If you are unwilling to change your builds then there really is no point in repeatedly making these forum posts.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

2 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

My problem with specializing is that I'm always concerned about the weakspots and drawbacks this might bring me

You can do like I did... Specialize your all-purpose build against the 3 main factions. You keep the general thing (mostly) and end up having benefits against them.

The only thing I ended up not having is the Health regeneration, but considering how frequent health orbs pop... it didn't really make a difference.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

As said before, I prefer to have more rounded builds so i don't have to shove around mods between missions.

Yes, that can get tedious; one option is to make use of your A, B and C build slots. Maybe keep your daily Rhino build on A and a farming build on B.

I keep my slow Nova on A and speed Nova on B...eidolon Trinity on A and EV Trin on B, etc.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I also use the Steel Charge aura mainly

I also used that until I got Rejuvenation aura... This was way back, from U7 to U12 (steel charge aura)... And then, until very recently, where Rejuvenation wasn't cutting it anymore, so I had to switch to the equivalent "non-rejuvenation" thing I could find, and those were Corrosive Projection, Shield Disruption and Infested Impedance. That matching polarity ends up being more of an eyesore, most of the times. Against a Kyta, its an eyesore, and Steel Charge is being detrimental against it.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

and Steel Charge is being detrimental against it.

i wouldn't call it detrimental, there's the extra Mod Points(which can definitely be useful earlier on in the game) - though i would prefer if ALL Auras had the same Mod Point Bonus >.>

What weapons are you using and what are their builds?

I have no problems with the usual Hybrid Corrosive Tomfinger build.

But if you specifically have problem with the overshields, try magnetic. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

though since there's 3 Modding tabs, you could take advantage of that

Usually, I just take one of them for an all purpose build. On weapons and frames.

It's more of a convenience thing.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i would prefer if ALL Auras had the same Mod Point Bonus >.>

... Aura Forma is everyone's friend...

Seriously though, I did have unmatched polarity auras working with my Warframe. I can assure you that Steel Charge is being detrimental in this particular situation.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

One issue that I have is that with mods like that, I mainly see the negative side and what it takes away from the stats - regardless if the stat is neccessary or not - and that makes me feel bad about using them.

I also - as I've said in an earlier comment - that stuff like this would make my build tilted and gives it a weakspot that just waits to blow up when I can least take it.

The idea is to funnel the negatives into a stat that least affects the frame's abilities. For example on Revenant, you subtract from range as range does almost nothing for Revenant. Using Narrow Minded, Fleeting Expertise and Transient Fortitude and then compensating with Stretch can give you 79% range which is more than sufficient for casting Enthrall and using Reave where range is actually beneficial.

Sometimes you funnel negatives into a stat that doesn't matter for the task. Like solo Eidolons with Volt doesn't really require ability range.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

one option is to make use of your A, B and C build slots.

I use only the A slot so far for my general build. I admit it's mostly out of  convenience. I have all I need in one build and don't need to switch up or realize that I have the wrong build because I forgot to switch tabs before the mission.

Build specialization is kinda necessary in this game. The same Rhino you're struggling on right now could breeze through the same content by adjusting his build.

I bring a tanky Nekros (Health Conversion + Adaptation + Shield of Shadows + Despoil) and a radiation Catchmoon for toroid farming.

If you have some favorite frames or weapons people might be able to help with more specific advice. Not sure what you have access to.

1 hour ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

In that matter, the negative trait does matter as it makes me use up an additional Slot I could use for an Augment or so.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Yet, it Comes at the cost at either loose other stats or - as said above - use up an additional Slot to mitigate the stat Penalty.

Corrupted Mods. make. your Ability Stats. objectively. better.

using even 2 Augments on a Warframe is a very rare scenario - there are plenty of Mod Slots to use to push your Ability Stats to where you want them to be.
it's not like you use 8 Corrupted Mods or anything. you take the Stats that you desire while mitigating the negative traits to whichever level you also desire.
and since the Corrupted Mods give you significantly more of what you gain than what you lose, it's difficult to end up 'wasting' Mod Slots because you get more per Mod Slot anyways.

not using Corrupted Mods makes ALL of your Ability Stats objectively weaker.

Gerade eben schrieb sinnae:

Build specialization is kinda necessary in this game. The same Rhino you're struggling on right now could breeze through the same content by adjusting his build.

My problem with specializing is that I'm always concerned about the weakspots and drawbacks this might bring me and that those blow up in my face. (the same reason why corrupted mods either end up gathering dust or getting sold)

vor 29 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

As for your other issue, that seems either like a language barrier thing or a mental block

I kinda is a mental thing. It somewhat goes against what I've got to expect from customizing my characters in games where it's mostly about getting the stats higher = better. Having someone say that cutting down stats can be a good thing  feels highly counterintuitive to me.

Bring a radiation sniper and shoot the head (the disc thing on the top). Goes down in a few shots!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

What weapons are you using and what are their builds?

I have no problems with the usual Hybrid Corrosive Tomfinger build.

But if you specifically have problem with the overshields, try magnetic. 

I've had my crit/gas Sybaris P and a blast Tombfinger, also my Plague Zaw

It's like the phrase "jack-of-all-trades, master of none." You end up with frames that are mediocre at everything, and never feel powerful or truly streamlined. I can't convince you to do anything, and you're tired of being lectured, so I'll just say: this game is all about personalizing and specializing your builds. Corrupted mods are a mainstay and vital part of many builds. Not specializing will actively hurt you in the future...stuff like bringing a Slowva to a mission that needs a Speedva will have people straight-up leaving your squad. You won't be able to survive endurance missions or arbitrations, and you will have to rely on others to carry you through stuff like eidolons. I hope you figure out your toroid problem, good luck!

vor 6 Minuten schrieb sinnae:

I bring a tanky Nekros (Health Conversion + Adaptation + Shield of Shadows + Despoil) and a radiation Catchmoon for toroid farming.

If you have some favorite frames or weapons people might be able to help with more specific advice. Not sure what you have access to.

I have no augments and no Adaptation for my Nekros. I usually go with my Rhino and the weapons I just mentioned in my other answer.

vor 1 Minute schrieb sinnae:

It's like the phrase "jack-of-all-trades, master of none." You end up with frames that are mediocre at everything, and never feel powerful or truly streamlined. I can't convince you to do anything, and you're tired of being lectured, so I'll just say: this game is all about personalizing and specializing your builds. Corrupted mods are a mainstay and vital part of many builds. Not specializing will actively hurt you in the future...stuff like bringing a Slowva to a mission that needs a Speedva will have people straight-up leaving your squad. You won't be able to survive endurance missions or arbitrations, and you will have to rely on others to carry you through stuff like eidolons. I hope you figure out your toroid problem, good luck!

Thank you.

I did hear similar things from others before tho I never felt comfortable with 'narrowed down' builds or with mods that cut down on stats - that includes Speed Nova (I prefer Nova with slowing effect) or small bubble Limbo.

It's  not so much that I hate getting lectured. It's getting lectured seemingly unreasonably. (and I admit that I'm pretty stubborn)

I am thankful you took your time with me tho. Even if I don't sound grateful at all.

Oh, yes, I remember you from the other toroid topic now. Replace blast on your Tombfinger with a useful element. Blast is basically terrible in 99% of cases outside of niche CC uses.

You can see kyta raknoid elemental weaknesses here:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kyta_Raknoid

Maybe radiation, because radiation is useful in other places whereas magnetic damage generally sucks against other stuff.