Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cave Toroids spawn limit?

BlackVortex

Question

because Toroid farming from mobs seems to be completely broken right now, I have sought refuge in cave farming (need Vega Toroids so PT phase 2 doesn't work for me)

I went into Orb Vallis went into a cave and found 3 Toroids (one of each).

Then I went out and back into Orb Vallis and found another 3 in another cave.

this all took about 10 minutes

After this I have spent nearly 3 hours raiding caves, going in and out of Orb Vallis to reload the map and possible spawns, but alas I found nothing at all

so my question is, are these spawns limited to time? or just x amount per day, which resets with the daily reset?

if so, Toroid farming is completely broken right now

9 answers to this question

I have tried phase 1 of profit for several hours and have not received a single vega drop from the rewards. The spaceport also did not work for me for vega.

Although on stage 2 of phase 1 for profit, in the defense mission. The bigger spiders always spawn and they still drop calda and sola toroids for me. I think it might be a 20% chance to drop though, but seems a lot higher to me.

1 hour ago, sinnae said:

I always get fat stacks of vega toroids during the first (indoors) phase of Exploiter Orb. I think they drop from the smol green raknoids.

whats the last time you can confirm these drops? I feel one of the more recent patches has broken the drop rate

Edited by BlackVortex

11 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

whats the last time you can confirm these drops? I feel one of the more recent patches has broken the drop rate

Was doing a solo Exploiter orb run for the Vega toroids last saturday with my Pilfdroid, exactly because my Nekros couldn't extract them anymore from regular mobs, and got 18.  Took me about 1 - 2 hours max or such? (can't remember, it was a relaxed music-streaming fight).  So they do still drop from the mites; the wiki says at 1% chance (so 1 every 50 with Pilfdroid), but I can't recall the spawn rate nor mission length to average it out to check that 1%.

And you can extract when the outdoor phase starts as well; no need to end the fight if all you're interested in is the mite toroids.

EDIT:

Just logged in and got a resource drop chance booster, so couldn't resist a re-run.

My stats, 30 minutes after starting the Exploiter Orb fight: 11 vega toroids from 73 mites, using 2x drop chance + 2x drop pilfdroid (these were the only things I killed so it's a pure stat).  So that comes to 11/73/2/2 = 3.8% base drop chance?  Guess I must be lucky; the Wiki states only a 1% chance.

So standing wise it's just best to kill that f$%er and get it over with asap for the 12K toroid, but if you just need the vega, this is a good way to do it.

Edited by GrandLompus

6 hours ago, GrandLompus said:

Was doing a solo Exploiter orb run for the Vega toroids last saturday with my Pilfdroid, exactly because my Nekros couldn't extract them anymore from regular mobs, and got 18.  Took me about 1 - 2 hours max or such? (can't remember, it was a relaxed music-streaming fight).  So they do still drop from the mites; the wiki says at 1% chance (so 1 every 50 with Pilfdroid), but I can't recall the spawn rate nor mission length to average it out to check that 1%.

And you can extract when the outdoor phase starts as well; no need to end the fight if all you're interested in is the mite toroids.

EDIT:

Just logged in and got a resource drop chance booster, so couldn't resist a re-run.

My stats, 30 minutes after starting the Exploiter Orb fight: 11 vega toroids from 73 mites, using 2x drop chance + 2x drop pilfdroid (these were the only things I killed so it's a pure stat).  So that comes to 11/73/2/2 = 3.8% base drop chance?  Guess I must be lucky; the Wiki states only a 1% chance.

So standing wise it's just best to kill that f$%er and get it over with asap for the 12K toroid, but if you just need the vega, this is a good way to do it.

this means the only affected mobs are the Labs/Spaceport/Temple mobs that do not seem to be dropping any Toroids anymore
on a sidenote, a friend of mine needs to unlock a rank of Vox Solaris and he needs them for
he can't run Exploiter Orb because he hasn't done the Thermal Fractures event yet, so cave farming is the only way to go for him right now since PT phase 1 drops are horrible

Edited by BlackVortex