Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Can't Hear Shawzin in Hubs

Qiqi

Using the Shawzin, I ran into a clan mate in Fortuna and it apparently turns out that you can't hear other people playing the Shawzin in player hubs.

This includes all relays, Fortuna, and Cetus. However, it can be played and heard in missions and other people's orbiters.

This is personal but something that should be allowed: I want to be able to gather a crowd playing the Shawzin in Fortuna or even Cetus, for other people to hear my work. It's really disappointing that you can't hear it there, because then you can't do things like duets or quartets with friends, which would be great once some form of bass Shawzin comes out.

• Like 3

Maybe they can make an area for it like they did for Mandachords... but they straight up said it doesn't work in relays/hubs in the patch notes right at release.

On 2019-08-29 at 2:35 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Shawzin music can be heard in Squads and aboard landing crafts. Relays do allow you to play, but you will only hear your music and not your peers.  

Note the fact they say it works in landing crafts. You can collaborate there by inviting your friends to your landing craft.

Edited by AXCrusnik

They did not allow it in hubs because so many random players congregate there it could easily because a chaotic mess with players having to mute every time they visit a rrlay.. You can invite people to your landing craft, and if you want more than 3 friends along you can play it on captura with up to 8 players.

2 hours ago, Rythiman said:

They did not allow it in hubs because so many random players congregate there it could easily because a chaotic mess with players having to mute every time they visit a rrlay.. You can invite people to your landing craft, and if you want more than 3 friends along you can play it on captura with up to 8 players.

Again it can be solved by a simple toggle option in the options.

6 hours ago, Rythiman said:

Or you could also just go to a relay that's not busy or full.

... The Shawzin restrictions that DE implemented was to prevent the exact same situation that was caused by the Mandachord a few major updates ago. That's why there is a toggle on the options menu to either enable or disable Ally Mandachord sounds...

If we do get a toggle option, I would like it to be exactly like the Ally Mandachord toggle, in which I have it always disabled so I can't hear the stupid Mandachord spam whenever I visit a Public Hub... In the case of the Shawzin, its so I can leave it disabled so I won't have to hear the stupid Shawzin spam whenever I visit a Public Hub.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

Agreed, some kind of system to allow you to listen to specific players (solo or group) would be great. How much good press coverage do you get out of Tenno Concert Night streaming on twitch?

Before you know it D2 will be ripping the idea off just like we did guitar hero.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also think it should be audible in player hubs and get a mute option for those who don't want to hear it.

MMOs who have / had playable instruments use this as a socializing feature, which is completely lost in Warframe for absolutely no reason. In fact, that you can only hear it in groups and thus in missions kinda defeats the point of them, because you rarely have the time to play them in a random mission.

AND ALSO ALLOW FOR OUR OPERATORS TO USE THEM!

Remembering how it was in Star Wars Galaxies: The proffession Entertainer could use Instruments creating music, there was an option on the radial menu if you select the player playing music, to "listen" to this player. Only then could you hear his/her(/its?) music and listen to it. (at the same time that also given you a buff that the Entertainer can modify for you however you need the buff to be)

My point is much like Dark__Thoughts point of adding a simple solution to turn on several players music by your own selection. Isnt there already some kind of "radial menu" for player or "inspect" function? If not the question is, how easily could this be implented a kind of radial menu that can turn on or off the sound of the players instrument playing?

Would be the most simple solution for this.

Also would be nice if there would be a function to tip the player Credits or Plat maybe?

If you like this idea why dont you just upvote this post, or simply "report it"? (Dont know if that really reaches DEs attention but would be worth the try maybe)

• Like 2

On 2019-10-06 at 5:53 AM, Dark_RRiderr said:

Remembering how it was in Star Wars Galaxies: The proffession Entertainer could use Instruments creating music, there was an option on the radial menu if you select the player playing music, to "listen" to this player. Only then could you hear his/her(/its?) music and listen to it. (at the same time that also given you a buff that the Entertainer can modify for you however you need the buff to be)

My point is much like Dark__Thoughts point of adding a simple solution to turn on several players music by your own selection. Isnt there already some kind of "radial menu" for player or "inspect" function? If not the question is, how easily could this be implented a kind of radial menu that can turn on or off the sound of the players instrument playing?

Would be the most simple solution for this.

Also would be nice if there would be a function to tip the player Credits or Plat maybe?

If you like this idea why dont you just upvote this post, or simply "report it"? (Dont know if that really reaches DEs attention but would be worth the try maybe)

+1, Agreed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Came here to create a topic about this, but it turns out there's already one. I was goofing off with a friend, but got disappointed when we couldn't hear each other play.

I don't know where it was, so please enable it everywhere. Simulacrum, Dojo,..

Also, I'd upvote any form of players making a commotion in hubs. It makes those places in the game feel more alive.