Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, now that Amps have been nerfed...

VanFanel1980mx

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Mandatory "Do you have a Dragon Key equipped"-post

Nope, no dragon key equipped but you can check the feedback and bug section plus, no response from any dev and expectations of "actually it was never intended for these prisms to do what they used to" so this is more like a contingency plan.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Still waiting on any kind of proof or example of Amps being changed in any way.

The only thing I found in the bug section is some people saying the Shwaak Prisme deals less damage, because Vomalysts take more shots to kill.
I couldn't find anythign about Amps as a whole being "nerfed". And Shwaak isn't even the best Prism anymore... who even uses it still?

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The only thing I found in the bug section is some people saying the Shwaak Prisme deals less damage, because Vomalysts take more shots to kill.
I couldn't find anythign about Amps as a whole being "nerfed". And Shwaak isn't even the best Prism anymore... who even uses it still?

Also, no more punch-through from Shwaak.

It's probably a bug, it's the weekend and I heard on a tactical potato stream a couple of de people were taking a bit of time off.  It will probably be addressed sometime this week...

I haven't done eidolons since the patch I'll try diff amps when I get home.  Also Ive been using cantic prism for awhile now over schwak.  The alt fire is typically better dmg either way but cantic through a volt sheild isn't to shabby

17 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

What a world we live in...
People don't think anymore that changes might be bugs. They immediately think that something got nerfed, because Devs are devious nowadays...

This mindset has existed for years, at least in this game. People are so paranoid about losing the slightest amount of their power.

• Like 5

Anyone remember the days where every single update someone complained a nerf to hieracon endo reward % when in fact they remained the same, i do.

Every single update, do you guys know how many topics where made every week?

I really hope this won't turn into the next weekly topic.

3 minutes ago, Iludra said:

I believe something happened to the hitboxes, that's why you may be seeing lower damage output from amps that rely on punchthrough. Wasn't there a mention of hitboxes or collision tweaks in the patch notes?

The amps, even with Punch Through, don't work like Wave Beam from Metroid Fusion. They don't do damage per pixel. They just hit and that's it.
So a change to the Hitbox doesn't change the damage done to a Vomalyst. The game just checks if the Vomalyst is hit, and then the amp deals damage. If the damage number is lower, then there is a bug with the damage.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The amps, even with Punch Through, don't work like Wave Beam from Metroid Fusion. They don't do damage per pixel. They just hit and that's it.
So a change to the Hitbox doesn't change the damage done to a Vomalyst. The game just checks if the Vomalyst is hit, and then the amp deals damage. If the damage number is lower, then there is a bug with the damage.

That's what you say, but then we have bugs like damage being affected by frame rate :P

What I meant was more that the hitboxes may not be where they used to be, so you may think you're aiming to hit multiple body parts, but you're only hitting one, therefore reducing the damage.

1 minute ago, Iludra said:

That's what you say, but then we have bugs like damage being affected by frame rate :P

What I meant was more that the hitboxes may not be where they used to be, so you may think you're aiming to hit multiple body parts, but you're only hitting one, therefore reducing the damage.

Vomalysts don't have mutliple body parts. They have one part. So if you hit it, and it deals less damage, then it's not about the hitbox.
I really have to ask: Do you know what the Vomalysts are?

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Vomalysts don't have mutliple body parts. They have one part. So if you hit it, and it deals less damage, then it's not about the hitbox.
I really have to ask: Do you know what the Vomalysts are?

Are we on a different thread? Thought we were talking about amps, which are mainly used for Eidolons, where you need a lot of damage to deplete the shield. That's where punch through comes in. Are you saying you're struggling to kill Vomvies? Haven't experienced this myself, so I really have to ask: did you have a dragon key equipped?

:clem:

1 minute ago, Iludra said:

Are we on a different thread? Thought we were talking about amps, which are mainly used for Eidolons, where you need a lot of damage to deplete the shield. That's where punch through comes in. Are you saying you're struggling to kill Vomvies? Haven't experienced this myself, so I really have to ask: did you have a dragon key equipped?

:clem:

I'm talking about the only thing people said in the bug section. They say that their amps deal less damage against Vomalysts, and that's it. Maybe you didn't read the whole thread, and now you are confused...
And no, I didn't make this thread. And no, I didn't test it myself, because I don't use Shwaak, because it's actually useless.
So not I'm in the wrong thread, but you. Atleast it seems like it.

• Like 1

Just now, Aazhyd said:

223 amp was the meta for a while. Is that still good enough or should I switch to something else?

You should switch out the Lohrin Brace for the Certus Brace from Fortuna. (You are using the Brace for Crit Chance, and Lohrin only adds 12%. Certus adds 20%)
Shraksun Scaffold is still awesome. (There are other strategies, but they aren't as easy to pull of. So I'm always going for Shraksun)
The Prism depends on your taste. I'm using Maudrai-Focus for Void Strike. And IÄm using my Prism to burn Void Strikes, if I have only 1 or 2 strikes left. Because of that I want a high fire rate prism. As of right now I'm using the Cantic Prism from Fortuna. Rahn Prism from Cetus works just as well. But as I said, it comes down to taste.

15 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

(There are other strategies, but they aren't as easy to pull of. So I'm always going for Shraksun)

eh, burst firing Propa may be wasteful on Charges but it does work fine. and it's easier to be above average with it, tbh.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Isn't it the Plasma beam that pierces through enemies? It's been a while since I played but I seem to recall that the Wave beam only allows you to shoot through terrain.