Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, now that Amps have been nerfed...

VanFanel1980mx

31 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Isn't it the Plasma beam that pierces through enemies? It's been a while since I played but I seem to recall that the Wave beam only allows you to shoot through terrain.

Yeah, you are right. Mixed up "piercing enemies" and "piercing walls" because in warframe it's just punch through.

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

What a world we live in...
People don't think anymore that changes might be bugs. They immediately think that something got nerfed, because Devs are devious nowadays...

It's almost like if devs put this stuff in the patchnotes instead of shadownerfing, people wouldn't have this reaction.

It's usually bugs and not shadownerfs, but... Well, not completely always. I still remember ages back when they silently put a cooldown on getting melee stealth multiplier from invisibility. Never acknowledged it, never reverted it. They also seem to like to be a bit sneaky about things they nerf when they rework frames, but that's usually pretty obvious stuff, and just something they don't bother putting in the patch notes.

But, still, most of the time it is just bugs because DE's programming is an enormous unstable mess. Of course, sometimes bugs that get introduced this way take a very long time, if ever, to be acknowledged. As far as I can remember, I don't think DE has ever actually acknowledged the massive changes to melee momentum that sprung up a while back.

Anyhow. In general, from a few threads, it sounds like the issue here is less directly amps dealing less damage, and more many amps seeming to lose their ability to multihit, at least out on the plains. Not even just the weird multiple hitbox stuff Eidolons have always had, but also extending to amps that are just naturally supposed to have multiple hit components.

I don't think the amps themselves got nerfed. The vomvalysts seem to have been buffed, that's for sure. They take much longer to be killed, even by regular means like with weapons or skills. They used to have their physical form destroyed by 1 shot of fulmin, now they take up to 3 shots. Other than that, the amps feel as powerful as they usually feel (atleast for me, using a 7 4 7 amp)