The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob needs help

Bobbobolo

Question

10 answers to this question

Well, the most important thing you need to know, is that all equipment (warframe, weapons, pets etc) has a 30 mod capacity at the max rank. To increase this, you need to get Orokin Catalysts (for weapons) and Orokin Reactors, which double mod capacity and can be found in market/alerts/invasions/nightwave cred ofers. Also you can use Forma to add different polarities, which reduce mod capacity usage in half. And complete all quests ASAP.

Edited by AnarchyChan

28 minutes ago, Bobbobolo said:

Hello you all,

I have recently started playing the game, so far i really enjoy the game.

can anyone recommend me a detailed guide on how to get started?

Thank you for your attention.

Add me ingame and i can help guide you there a bit better than on the forums (not carry or rush you but give you tips on builds and so on)

For the most part, if youre new, I would recommend just following the path that your quests take.. they will show you most of the stuff.. like whats your foundry, pets, arsenal, etc etc. once youre past a junction or two, then you can read up a bit in the wiki about mods and how to mod warframes and weapons. This game has a bit of a learning curve but I have most often thought that it teaches better with experience than instruction. There is no downside to losing/defeat and no mistake that is game altering.

Just a couple of tips is, dont spend your starter plat too soon, save it for slots (WF and/or weapon) and be careful what weapons/warframes you're selling off :) And dont let anyone in trade chat sell you anything too expensive. Most of the stuff you'll /need/ until you hit atleast Ceres or Jupiter, is very cheap

The issue is really that this game is so massive that a comprehensive guide to everything would be basically useless. It's much easier to just try to get information on specific thing you're doing or want to do right now, and even that can lead to a rabbit hole ("So, what is a good MR 4 weapon?" leads to "Wait, where did he get all those cool mods," which probably leads to "So, I need to farm (depending on the mod) void containers/bounties/derelicts, etc..." which all have other stuff you need to do before you can get there, which... You got the picture.)

I'd recommend you take the game slow. Go Solo (Set it under the start / pause menu.) for a while until you feel like you can move and shoot through an environment with confidence. Playing as a new operator it is often frustrating to see people fly past you, only to be berated by immature players telling you to hurry the "F" up. Forget trying to do everything at once. Relax, enjoy the game and go at the pace you feel comfortable with.

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst

Here's a pretty good guide: The Unofficial Warframe Handbook. (docs.google.com/document/d/1ylw9HK2ol6yam3MMNbycbuHxjmctg3gCqsbI4yy2gK0/edit)

It's pretty up to date, and has some pretty valuable info.

I didn't find it until a few months ago, and it would have been able to help me when I started playing T_T

EDIT: Fixed link.

Edited by EpicdudeX
  • Like 1

A few advice:

Both "mod" and build are VERY important in this game. The level of an item  makes very little difference in its performance. If you have the right mods you can have a level 5 item completely out class a lvl 30. Don't takes online build guide as bible. There are some meta build out there for specific mission, but overall just build the item based upon your play style.

Try not to purchase normal (non prime) item from the in game market. Most of the better prime version can be buy from in game chat  cheaper.  However, the blueprint you buy from the trade is blueprint only, you need to collect the materials to build the item yourself, also a lot of item have a level lock on them, However the item you buy from DE does not. You can buy a lot of late game weapon from DE and use them right away.

Find a good dojo, you are not only looking for people to play with you. A lot the blueprint for better item in the game can be buy from dojo for cheap.

The last is don't trust YT too much. The game is constantly changing, an item may look like god on earth at the time of the video but now become an item that no one willing to touch.