Jump to content
giefalias

Additional Nightwave credit rewards are not an incentive, as is.

Recommended Posts

Presumably the mechanic was implemented to serve as motivation to keep doing the weekly Nightwave missions, even though one has already "completed" it.
So, I tried looking at the event as an isolated reward and had to scratch my head for bit.
I highly doubt that a lot of players, who has already gotten all of the "standard" rewards, will digest the following list of tasks to earn 45 additional credits:

- 30 minutes of Kuva survival
- Win 3 Index wagers without letting the enemy score.
- Unlock 4 Derelict Vaults
- 10 Syndicate missions
- 3x Mobile Defense missions
- Complete 3 K-Drive races
- Catch 6 rare fish in PoE

If "replayability" is the sole origin of that measure, there may have been made a mistake somewhere along the way.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm, i won't be doing this after hitting rank 30. Nice to accidentally get some creds just for playing but other than that? Nope. The only reward i'm looking forward to in the drop pool is kuva anyway and i can farm that faster by just doing the survival or disruption.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Kuva can appear in the store I'm somewhat more interested in getting more Cred, but I feel like a measly 15 per rank isn't really worth the effort. If you rank up 3 times in a week it still barely leaves you enough to buy anything with.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, giefalias said:

 

- 30 minutes of Kuva survival

Probably going to do that anyway.

 

- Win 3 Index wagers without letting the enemy score.

Hell no.


- Unlock 4 Derelict Vaults

Sure, why not, earn some plat


- 10 Syndicate missions

Might aswell, I'm rotating back to Hexis & Suda right now and can always use that extra standing


- 3x Mobile Defense missions

Nope, except maybe if it's a syndicate mission...


- Complete 3 K-Drive races

I don't need a lot of incentive to do some races XD


- Catch 6 rare fish in PoE

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, giefalias said:

- 30 minutes of Kuva survival
- Win 3 Index wagers without letting the enemy score.
- Unlock 4 Derelict Vaults
- 10 Syndicate missions
- 3x Mobile Defense missions
- Complete 3 K-Drive races
- Catch 6 rare fish in PoE

All these challenges are insanely easy to do. I see no reason why someone wouldn't do them. And let's face it, if someone was rank 30 before the current week, they can do these challenges with ease.
The Kuva Survival can't be knocked down. You have to "wait" 30 minutes. Index takes a bit of time too. Everything else can be done in such a short amount of time, it's not even funny...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, giefalias said:

- 30 minutes of Kuva survival
I'd rather bleed out in my liset from space aids

- Win 3 Index wagers without letting the enemy score.
EZ Enough once you get the hang of it

- Unlock 4 Derelict Vaults
Nice n EZ just how i like it

- 10 Syndicate missions
I'd rather pray to satan to take my soul

- 3x Mobile Defense missions
Only if I accidently do it

- Complete 3 K-Drive races
Not too bad, bit of fun really

- Catch 6 rare fish in PoE
Unlike this one on fortuna where rare fish are EZ to find.. in PoE this is basically Death by blunt spoon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, giefalias said:

If "replayability" is the sole origin of that measure, there may have been made a mistake somewhere along the way.

Not about replayability in the slightest, not about you or anyone who has attained Rank 30. It's a small bonus you have if you choose to keep playing Nightwave, while slower/newer players are still trying to reach R30.

That's also the same reason as to why only a given percentage of challenges is required to reach R30, and not all challenges. To give everyone ample opportunity to make the cut without punishing those who are unable to put in a lot of effort, and those able to go the extra mile.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if it a bit more than 15 credits per prestige rank, maybe 30 per level earned.

Edited by Burritochu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

- Catch 6 rare fish in PoE
Unlike this one on fortuna where rare fish are EZ to find.. in PoE this is basically Death by blunt spoon.

What's so difficult about that one?
Renthi Spring, Night Time, Cuthol Bait, 5 to 10 minutes. Done.

Fortuna is way more difficult because the Dye keeps not working properly. Sometimes fish don't get highlighted.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

What's so difficult about that one?
Renthi Spring, Night Time, Cuthol Bait, 5 to 10 minutes. Done.

Fortuna is way more difficult because the Dye keeps not working properly. Sometimes fish don't get highlighted.

Waiting for that Night Time cycle is the pain point there. And maybe it's just your good luck coz for me I get 2 or 3 Cuthol tops in a full night using the bait, using the active areas and using the dye etc to spot em real easy like... then it's another long wait till night again NTY

Fortuna, i never had dye issues and you go to a cave any time you please and it's just spear spear spear .. rare, rare, rare .. no bait needed real easy, no fuss.  I guess fishing is pretty RNG reliant by our very different experiences.. but if i were wagering on a sure thing i'd go the one that has no "cooldown" on spawns (night time only)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

What's so difficult about that one?
Renthi Spring, Night Time, Cuthol Bait, 5 to 10 minutes. Done.

Fortuna is way more difficult because the Dye keeps not working properly. Sometimes fish don't get highlighted.

not only that (although i havent had that issue with the dyes myself, at least i dont think i have) but there are times where hotspots on ponds/lakes are too far out on the water or are at specific places that make it next to impossible to fish at those hotspots, i had this happen to me when i was doing catch up bounties

Edited by Joltyboi
queue "HeRe FoR tHe WeEkLy NiGhTwAvE cOmPlAiNt" comments on nightwave posts about completely valid and legitimate issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I can confirm, i won't be doing this after hitting rank 30. Nice to accidentally get some creds just for playing but other than that? Nope. The only reward i'm looking forward to in the drop pool is kuva anyway and i can farm that faster by just doing the survival or disruption.

Same here. I more or less farmed up 60 extra credits, and I'm just going to sit on it and maybe passively gain more Ranks through general game-play as I wait for the Weekly restock to have Kuva in it once more. XD

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Waiting for that Night Time cycle is the pain point there. And maybe it's just your good luck coz for me I get 2 or 3 Cuthol tops in a full night using the bait, using the active areas and using the dye etc to spot em real easy like... then it's another long wait till night again NTY

Fortuna, i never had dye issues and you go to a cave any time you please and it's just spear spear spear .. rare, rare, rare .. no bait needed real easy, no fuss.  I guess fishing is pretty RNG reliant by our very different experiences.. but if i were wagering on a sure thing i'd go the one that has no "cooldown" on spawns (night time only)

Yeah, maybe it has to do with RGN's blessing.
Btw. between my last post and this one I did the fishing challenges because I was bored. Because of day time I got me some Murkrays. I'm always happy to see these fishing challenges, because they are super easy to do for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhiteMarker said:

I got me some Murkrays.

Wait Murkrays count??

well i take that back then  no blunt spoon death for me 😀!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys are missing the point of Nightwave. The reward system is meant for people who can't be in game 100% of the time. This is why only a percentage of the total Nightwave missions are required to get Rank 30 since not everyone would be able to keep up due to their jobs, school, or other responsibilities they need to prioritize. Asking for more valuable rewards past Rank 30 is just like adding 10 more ranks (Rank 40) to it which makes it an endless loop of high level rewards. Rank 30 IS the end reward. Deal with it since DE is basing it on majority of their player base which, whether we like it or not, are only casuals.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Wait Murkrays count??

well i take that back then  no blunt spoon death for me 😀!!!!

Everything with its own bait counts, so a yes to Murkrays. (Never tested if Karkina or Sharrac count, as they only need Twilight Bait)
I also had a lot of luck with Norgs. But that's me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Everything with its own bait counts

XD Are you sure this isn't players helping players coz it sure feels like it to me Thanks for the tip always wondered what constitutes as "rare"

Unrelated but what's it gonna hurt to give high achievers a little something-something to buy that kuva in bulk.. 10k per is tasty but we need at least 25 creds per lvl plz

Edited by Jax_Cavalera
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll do them all except the k drive races as they don't show up on my map and searching for a tiny bit of graffiti on a rock in the ov is painfull. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the only thing that might be a bit of a pain is the index one, the others are incredibly easy

 

Edit: I agree that overall the credit rewards could be a bit higher

Edited by Martussoun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't much incentive to do those challenges after reaching rank 30.

They aren't difficult, but they also aren't worth going out of your way either.

I miss the good parts of alerts, like 2 potatoes (1 of each type) each week.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

All these challenges are insanely easy to do. I see no reason why someone wouldn't do them. And let's face it, if someone was rank 30 before the current week, they can do these challenges with ease.

Easy? yes... Worth it? No.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would really like to give a pass to this event and many for me very annoying "challenges".

Unfortunately I'm new, and I was/am missing: Auras (had none before NW), Nitain (ghoul reward unreliable)

I would like some less painfull way to get Nitain btw..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have said, I just think the post 30 cred rewards are a little too low. I had already collected almost all of the alt helmets, all the auras, and used all the fodder weapons by the time alerts were removed, and I don’t care too much about weapon skins. So my need for cred is relatively low. Mostly just buying nitain and potatoes. And even then it still takes two weeks at minimum to earn a single potato after rank 30. For not super experienced players who are trying to collect all that stuff, I imagine it’s annoying to have to choose between a valuable potato and an alt helm you’d really like. I mean it’s still better than having to watch alerts like a hawk, but it’s just not quite where it needs to be in my opinion. At minimum the post 30 ranks should give 20 cred so you can buy one potato a week, but I’d rather see 30 per rank.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

Now that Kuva can appear in the store I'm somewhat more interested in getting more Cred, but I feel like a measly 15 per rank isn't really worth the effort. If you rank up 3 times in a week it still barely leaves you enough to buy anything with.

15 per rank is more than you get from levels 0-30, which averages out to 13 creds per rank. People really just don't pay attention, do they.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...