Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can DE please revert back volt's speedy legs?

Zephyr_TheMLGPro

10 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

I didnt know this game was based on realism.

There are things that won't pass even in fiction.

Instead of rolling it back I'd rather have a new animation for running very fast. Why not adapt Gauss's sprinting for other frames?

10 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Thats the beauty of sci-fi.

We dont know how long until these... "unrealistic" become real. I mean, we are thinking of colonizing Mars. Give it a few hundred-thousand years and we will have weeping towers and snow on Venus too.

But a running person flaying their arms around just because they are running faster is not unrealistic. Its silly.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

You might be conflating two separate things. The narrative is sci-fi/space fantasy, but the rendering and animation styles are fairly realistic. Warframe physics are meant to resemble real physics. Warframe movements are meant to resemble real movements. Cloth moves like cloth in our world, joints bend like joints in our world, etc. I don't really care about Volt either way but I'd say he used to look quite cartoonish.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

This. I'm glad it's gone personally.

I’m not.  Put it to a vote.  No one really cared before.  

People weren’t clamoring to post threads on how “silly” or “unrealistic” it was before DE changed it.

It seems more Volt players than not felt immersed in the original animation.

All DE did with the “correction” was manufacture a problem where previously there was none and create a situation where the community is now choosing sides.

So end it the fairest way possible and put it to a vote.  That’s my suggestion.  And only because precedent is there based on things like Nova with Chroma’s Deluxe Sword Skin.

I realize the inmates can’t be allowed to run the asylum.

Otherwise my hope is that DE reads, acknowledges, and explains their decision.

And Monkey, have you ever SEEN how silly your Monkey Staff looks when it gets as big around as a tree trunk in Wukong’s hands?

Fin

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m not.  Put it to a vote.  No one really cared before.  

People weren’t clamoring to post threads on how “silly” or “unrealistic” it was before DE changed it.

It's just kinda one of those things where you don't think of it until you suddenly see a newer, better version of it, you know?

2 minutes ago, sinnae said:

It's just kinda one of those things where you don't think of it until you suddenly see a newer, better version of it, you know?

Except Volt players see a slower-feeling, inferior change.

Look, I’m not going to demand a duel at 20 paces with Monkey over this, it’s just my preference.

• Like 2

What is the relevance? You were saying nobody had a problem with it before because they weren't complaining, and I was telling you this is untrue. Whether all Volt players are some kind of monolith all nodding their heads in unified agreement I couldn't tell you nor do I really care to speculate.

8 minutes ago, sinnae said:

What is the relevance? You were saying nobody had a problem with it before because they weren't complaining, and I was telling you this is untrue. Whether all Volt players are some kind of monolith all nodding their heads in unified agreement I couldn't tell you nor do I really care to speculate.

I’m sorry, no.  You can’t weight with a conditional change sans evidence and expect it to hold weight. 

Forums are for feedback and discussion.  IF it mattered it would have been brought up.

Show me the complaint threads in number over the past 5 years about his “fast legs” animation that amount to the threads challenging the “corrective” change over the past 5 days.

I can be equally cheeky in response to your “monolith” comment by saying that the Silent Secret Society Of Speedy Animation Leg Haters had their chance...but it serves no purpose.

This change was implemented because I made a thread suggesting using Gauss's running animation above certain threshold.

As you can see I am very important.

1 hour ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

I don't care about realism, I care about the fact that it doesn't look goofy anymore

Edited by VentiGlondi

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

All DE did with the “correction” was manufacture a problem where previously there was none

That's certainly one way of seeing it, the other is that they fixed a problem that some people didn't even know they had.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

And Monkey, have you ever SEEN how silly your Monkey Staff looks when it gets as big around as a tree trunk in Wukong’s hands?

Yes, and it's glorious.

I'm not against a vote in the slightest, just voicing an opinion, same as you.

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That's certainly one way of seeing it, the other is that they fixed a problem that some people didn't even know they had.

Yes, and it's glorious.

I'm not against a vote in the slightest, just voicing an opinion, same as you.

Haha, I know.  

You just proved both our points.  One man’s “silly” is another’s “Glory”.

I just wouldn’t ever want to steal your “Glory”, even if I found it a bit silly.  It would never be worth it to me to lessen your Wukong experience. 

And that is what I feel DE has done to Volt players who always felt immersed in the speed by fixing what was never broken.

Il y a 1 heure, Cicasajt a dit :

i thought i was an idiot for noticing something with his run. i thought they nerfed the speed for a while. now i know its not a bug but a feature noone asked for. instead of these they could maybe fix several years old bugs...

I can't approve more that you said.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

That attack is somewhat based on the Journey to the West's story, which you know, Wukong is based off of. In the story, it was suggested that the staff can be transformed into any type of width, height, or length that the user commands, and was originally as thick as a barrel and twenty feet high, which can be similar as a tree. Is it realistic? No, of course not. But does have it a reasoning behind it? Mostly certainly yes. In fact, a lot of abilities are unrealistic, and the comparison between those and animations that can be based in realism could be seen as unfair. But since we are talking about animations being effected by abilities, then I believe it to be fair game.

Unless I can gain some reasoning behind Volt having extremely fast legs, then I would also understand why it didn't need to be changed. And before you say "Well, it shows off his Power Strength", that is something that would need to be confirmed in some way by DE. As far as I can assume, that could have just been the result of technical values that were already set-up in the game, resulting in "fast movement = fast animation".