Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can DE please revert back volt's speedy legs?

Zephyr_TheMLGPro

On 2019-09-02 at 10:57 PM, Scruffel said:

Unless I can gain some reasoning behind Volt having extremely fast legs, then I would also understand why it didn't need to be changed.

The reasoning is that he runs fast, so his legs move fast.

Except you can also move really fast with bigger steps that have more force behind them.

The difference is that the former looks incredibly stupid.

Or I could use the very popular argument: Volts fast legs ruin my fun and made me actively avoid Volt players because it's a team buff.

16 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Why so salty? óÒ

OnTopic:
Let's be real here. DE won't change things back. They worked on removing the goofy looking animations. Why would they negate that work by rolling it back? That's just a silly demand.
And in about 2 weeks nobody will talk about the changed animations anymore. It's something people adapt to.

To some it’s not Silly.  

Some founders see not making Excal Prime available to the community as silly.

Some don’t.

And before you go apples and oranges on me, making him available to others wouldn’t even affect your gameplay like this animation change does Volt players that feel diminished.

It might affect your immersion though when 2 more Excal Primes join your squad, though, yes?

If it matters for you then it matters for you.

Throwing the “silly” adjective makes it so only for you in this context and has no bearing on those negatively impacted by the change.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

The reasoning is that he runs fast, so his legs move fast.

Except you can also move really fast with bigger steps that have more force behind them.

The difference is that the former looks incredibly stupid.

Or I could use the very popular argument: Volts fast legs ruin my fun and made me actively avoid Volt players because it's a team buff.

This is a fair argument and I acknowledge your viewpoint, even though I am arguing for the original animation.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Wow, really now.

You're going to compare bickering about personal preferences, to law-protected exclusivity?

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This is a fair argument and I acknowledge your viewpoint, even though I am arguing for the original animation.

Yes, this is exactly what this is about. Opinions.

I am convincing DE my opinion is more popular, because there are no objective facts they can follow in this scenario.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Wow, really now.

You're going to compare bickering about personal preferences, to law-protected exclusivity?

Yes, this is exactly what this is about. Opinions.

I am convincing DE my opinion is more popular, because there are no objective facts they can follow in this scenario.

You missed my point, as I knew many would.

If DE makes a change and more are upset by it than not...those most affected by it are more upset than not...then that is the essence of this argument.

A few see a slight improvement only really noticed once changed and never really in high demand.

Many more most affected dislike it, see a change they did not ask for.  DE, in trying to “fix” a very important, immersive part of what was essential to immersion and not broken in the first place...well DE went ahead and broke it. 

The precedent with the Chroma Deluxe Sword unscaled with Nova...a “broken” and unrealistic and absurd-looking oversight...some of the community wanted this “happy accident” kept.  And so it was.  Precedent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VentiGlondi said:

Your opinion can sit and spin. Speedy-legs Volt was iconic and half the fun of the buff.

I also value the opinions of people who like and play the frame over people who want to be grumpy and ruin others' fun for nebulous reasons.

Edited by FlyingDice
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

I also value the opinions of people who like and play the frame over people who want to be grumpy and ruin others' fun for nebulous reasons.

Your speedy legs, are ruining my fun, and my fun is more valuable to me than yours

Edited by VentiGlondi
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

To some it’s not Silly.  

Some don’t.

And before you go apples and oranges on me, making him available to others wouldn’t even affect your gameplay like this animation change does Volt players that feel diminished.

It might affect your immersion though when 2 more Excal Primes join your squad, though, yes?

If it matters for you then it matters for you.

Throwing the “silly” adjective makes it so only for you in this context and has no bearing on those negatively impacted by the change.

You misunderstood me.
I never said that you feelings about this change are silly. As you read in my previous post, I said the demand to revert the change is silly. DE reworked the running animation so that it worked at all kinds of speed without looking like a cartoon. DE did that because they want their game not to look like that, like a cartoon. They won't change that back. So demanding a roll back on that change is silly.
I hope you understand me now.

I think DE went through the same thought process as Gazillion did with Marvel Heroes and where to cut the speed limit, except in DEs case they managed to keep the speed and alter the animation. In Gazillions case they put a speed limit on travel skills, specifically so those that had running animations wouldnt look like coyote, roadrunner, benny or barney and fred trying to get a car started when running through missions. Artists tend to focus on things looking proper and good in order to fit in instead of keeping it goofy for the enjoyment of the few.

Speedsters never tend to move their legs extra fast in any media, be it Supes, A-Train, Flash, Quicksilver or anyone else.

On 2019-09-03 at 1:25 AM, VentiGlondi said:

This change was implemented because I made a thread suggesting using Gauss's running animation above certain threshold.

As you can see I am very important.

I don't care about realism, I care about the fact that it doesn't look goofy anymore

Then are you in support of removing everything goofy from the game such as insanely fast weapon swing speed, or this gaudd with redline+staticor?

I mean it counts as goofy in The Real book of Realism.

12 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

You misunderstood me.
I never said that you feelings about this change are silly. As you read in my previous post, I said the demand to revert the change is silly. DE reworked the running animation so that it worked at all kinds of speed without looking like a cartoon. DE did that because they want their game not to look like that, like a cartoon. They won't change that back. So demanding a roll back on that change is silly.
I hope you understand me now.

I understood you then.  Nova was left wielding a VERY SILLY AND CARTOONISH AND UNREALISTIC and non-scaling giant Chroma Deluxe sword to satisfy a contingent of community players with an anime fetish instead of changing it to scale within the rules of their own game.

So this request is not silly.  There is precedent. Your assumption is not set in stone.  And Nova is just one of many.

And there are so many “cartoonishly cool” art design choices that exist throughout Warframe that I could blow holes through the “cartoonish” argument as a standard and sink it in 30 seconds.

DE made an arbitrary decision.  If it isn’t performance related then personal preference without regard to player base is all they have to stand on.  So [DE should] own it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Speedsters never tend to move their legs extra fast in any media, be it Supes, A-Train, Flash, Quicksilver or anyone else.

Image result for sonic running gif

Not that I don't agree with you ofc, Sonic just came to mind as a speedster who's legs absolutely do move extra fast, to the point of being a blur in several forms of media.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Image result for sonic running gif

Not that I don't agree with you ofc, Sonic just came to mind as a speedster who's legs absolutely do move extra fast, to the point of being a blur in several forms of media.

I would dig a blur animation for high speed frames. Similar to how Flash, Supes and others are percieved by people.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

DE made an arbitrary decision.  If it isn’t performance related then personal preference without regard to player base is all they have to stand on.  So own it.

I mean I already own it. I said that DE changed things so that the game looks like what they want it to look like. Please at least try to read my posts. Thank you for the input.

I'm 96% convinced that all the people upset about Volt's new & improved legs are Volt mains who felt threatened by the existence of Gauss. Gauss dropped at the same time as the Volt glow-up so they were all squirrelly about not being the fastest anymore...people on the boards were legit trying to say they had stealth nerfed Volt's speed until some people actually went and debunked it.

Placebo is powerful 😄 

4 hours ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

I mean it counts as goofy in The Real book of Realism.

I don't care about realism

Also yes, do I hate the fact that DE puts this much work into their melee animations and then you can't see them because everyone looks like they're having a sezuire.

1 hour ago, sinnae said:

I'm 96% convinced that all the people upset about Volt's new & improved legs are Volt mains who felt threatened by the existence of Gauss. Gauss dropped at the same time as the Volt glow-up so they were all squirrelly about not being the fastest anymore...people on the boards were legit trying to say they had stealth nerfed Volt's speed until some people actually went and debunked it.

Placebo is powerful 😄 

I like using frames that are quick. My gauss has 5 formas atm and i love him but there's no denying that volt's new animations look slower compared to older ones. You cant blame the people that felt the sudden shift overnight for a frame they've been mostly using and came to forums saying he was nerfed. Most of the dedicated volt players dont even care if gauss is fastest or not, they just care about how their beloved frame feels and operates.

I feel like you're just taking the vocal minority that says "nerf gauss", "DE how can you nerf volt speed" etc and imagining that every volt player is just like that. 

I am annoyed that the animation for all frames moving fast causes their animations to look weird and unrealistic. I main Volt for the most part, and the fact that some cloth pieces turn basically into a board when you run fast gets kind of annoying. The ridiculous body spasms your warframe does when moving fast seems to be the culprit.

4 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I mean I already own it. I said that DE changed things so that the game looks like what they want it to look like. Please at least try to read my posts. Thank you for the input.

No need for poor attempts at being Snarky to disguise insult, Primey.  

I know where you stand with your very obvious and safe assumption as to why it was done.  

That isn’t what this thread is about.

For the record I was referring to DE owning it.   As in owning their decision and the effect it had.  I apologize if the context confused you.

4 hours ago, sinnae said:

Placebo is powerful 😄 

Interestingly, the opposite could be true, yes? 

What if it was changed due to the perception that speedy legs Volt appears to be a better more complete (and more fun) version of Gauss which infringes on sales and usage of the new bullet frame?

Sound ludicrous?  Both are, really.

Just because the new animation feels slower doesn’t mean Gauss Envy is to blame.

Feeling slower can affect immersion and value and enjoyment.  

IDC btw.  Gauss isn’t even in the discussion when compared to Volt for me.  Non-starter.  Non-threat.  Not part of this thread discussion.

21 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

Your opinion can sit and spin. Speedy-legs Volt was iconic and half the fun of the buff.

Iconic is a good descriptive that crystallizes the immersive quality.  Bravo.

Love the Gusto.

But let’s find a way to express our zeal without devaluing those who have different views, yes? I’m just referring to the very first sentence.