Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiant relic count doesn't make sense

rstripn

In the relic screen there are two counts: number collected and number made radiant.

Radiant count only makes sense if its something to be achieved; if radiant is always better than lower ranks. But it isn't.

Half (half!) of the items in a relic are made MORE difficult to get if a relic is radiant.

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

A radiant relic only increases the chance to get a rare drop from 2% (intact) to 10% (radiant). Those 8% are taken from the other chances and thus shifting all probabilities

This. Another thing to note is that the chances of uncommon (silver) drops are increased too.

1) Any refinement reduces the likelihood of a specific common dropping. Exceptional effect is minimal, but the total uncommon/rare chance jumps dramatically with flawless and then again with radiant, meaning corresponding dramatically lowered chances at commons.

2) The desireability of a specific item is not determined by its rarity on the relic. I would much rather have the prime piece i'm hunting for drop than a uncommon or rare I'm not.

2a) In terms of ducats higher rarity is better, but most people don't have unlimited time OR relics and you can't trade ducats for the prime piece you want.

2b) In terms of plat rarer is not even close to necessarily better. There are countless garbage uncommons worth 3p and garbage rares worth 10p which are barely worth trading except in bulk. Now add in that new items and vaulted items have prices worlds beyond the other stuff on the relics regardless of rarity.

Rare does not equal "upper-tier", its just a statistical likelihood.