Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes to freezed enemies broken (BUG I think)

Enderfenix

Now the has changed that if you shoot a frozen enemie it can proc status effect: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1119134-cold-status-effects-how-they-block-new-status-effects-coming-changes/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-11011211

This is so WRONG, back then if a status effect was proc before the frozen the status was frozen too so it last until the freeze expired (infinite during freeze), now it doesnt:

This affects limbo too that used to use 2 stop enemies and their status effects too, I dont know if this is intencional (I hope not) but I think that has to come back, it was a very important feature/mecanic.I hope you read this and fix it.

Thanks for reading.

This should be left in. It increases the viability of all freeze abilities as you can now armour strip frozen targets, and not being able to negate the highest damage resistance in the game is what severely limited the dps effectiveness of frames like Frost, Gara and in fact Limbo. The freeze stopping incoming status procs made your abilities actively hinder your weapons.

hace 5 horas, KazBrekker dijo:

This should be left in. It increases the viability of all freeze abilities as you can now armour strip frozen targets, and not being able to negate the highest damage resistance in the game is what severely limited the dps effectiveness of frames like Frost, Gara and in fact Limbo. The freeze stopping incoming status procs made your abilities actively hinder your weapons.

I dont want to remove it, just that status effects while the enemie is frozen last forever,I never said that I dont want to be able to introduce new effects.

hace 6 horas, [DE]Tweep dijo:

This is currently intended. 

Thanks for letting me know, its sad, its not a mechanic that broke normal gameplay and it really helps on hight time endurance survivals,I hope your reconsider your decision.(edited: it promotes doing combos of weapons and frames combos)(the thing that hurts is everyone who knew this mechanic thought that it was a part of the limbo's kit and this changes nerf limbo, who wasnt affected by the isse that you where triying to solve)

Please reconsider, please...

Thanks again for your time.

Edited by Enderfenix

I agree Limbo's Stasis never had the issue that the change was meant to fix. By making it so that stasis no longer freezes status duration it is a nerf to Limbo. This serverly affects both Limbo's potential damage output and survivability.

On the damage end with frozen status timers you could use statuses that normally don't last long enough, such as the inital proc of blast the one that causes the knockdown and the AOE gas proc that then procs toxin.

While with survivability it means you can't freeze life strike slash procs for healing.

Please DE reconsider reverting the change to Limbo's Stasis, he shouldn't be punished for a problem he never had.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-06 at 7:54 AM, Enderfenix said:

the thing that hurts is everyone who knew this mechanic thought that it was a part of the limbo's kit and this changes nerf limbo

It is intended (or used to be). It's just that it's not mentioned anywhere else (not even in the Wikia but it's implied under the topic of status duration) other than this tip in-game which I just saw today:

KKWGJO8.jpg

I had made a thread recently addressing this particular issue here. While I can see why consistency is preferred, Limbo's Stasis should be an exception.