Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting against random specters

DaMasque

I don't know if this was mentioned before but meh, humor my shower thought.

Why don't we have co-op games where we fight specters instead of people.

I mean traditional PvP can still be a thing and can yield higher standings.

But with vs specters, Conclave will kinda have meaning again... Maybe?

Humor over. I'ma ignore conclave again.

Edit:

On 2019-09-05 at 3:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

It didn’t feel right to add a PvE path for a PvP gamemode, especially towards those you have actively played Conclave to get their Standing.

Edited by DaMasque
Edit answers the title.

Just now, Stormdragon said:

Because that's PvE, one could even argue that it already exists under the names of "Rathuum" and "The Index".

Yes, I understand that point. So why not bring warframe specters in the mix. Still too PvE? Then nevermind, I wasn't here.

Just now, DaMasque said:

Yes, I understand that point. So why not bring warframe specters in the mix. Still too PvE? Then nevermind, I wasn't here.

Specters and players mixed together? Sure! I'd even like to have a way to summon specters with PvP stats and loadouts in order to run tests with different IPS damage convertions and stuff even if it was just the simulacrum.

However, this leaves a lot of other questions:

How likely it would be for DE to develop an AI able to roughly emulate player movement? 

How would the game handle simple stuff such as how many bots will be in a lobby and their difficulty? Making it automatic would be an annoyance (sometimes players might want a 1v1, but bots would ruin it) but making it manual would require an UI developed just for it.

Also, keep in mind that the hasn't rebalanced frames for PvP in a year and that the last weapons added to it were Zylok, Tatsu, and the Wolf Sledge (perhaps roughly rebalanced for conclave way before their releases) and still doesn't go back to tweak the PvE damage multiplier of weapons that got buffed in PvE and destroyed the PvP balance with the weapon rebalance from early 2018, which should be far easier to do and less resource consuming than developing a new UI and AI (won't deny that such AI would be neat if eventually expanded to PvE, but for it to happen it has to at least exist first).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, --Q--ualityContent said:

@Stormdragon The Shrine Specters on earth can use abilities and bulletjump so I feel like the AI is there but the will to port it somewhere may be lacking.

Yeah, still that's just part of the work.

Keep in mind that on one hand cosmic specters can use powers too (and sometimes can be actually useful) but their pathing is usually just staying close to the player; while on the other, some executioners in Dog Days could use bullet jump too and that wasn't enough to make them stop people from going afk on different parts of the map (such as the buoy or the tree, even crouching on water was a legit way to avoid them) even tough the map was a lot more simple than conclave ones.

Edited by Stormdragon
Typo
  • Like 3

Just save up the universal medalions that come from disruption and get conclave rep that way. Its what im gonna do to avoid the S#&$ty game mode and still get the rewards slowly when it comes to xbox. That said Why doesnt warframe do something like gambit where teams compets to end a defence and kill enemies quicker then another team with players invading to sabatoge every now and then? A little PvEvP would do warframe some good and allow people who arent the tryhards to get some conclave standing. All thats left of the conclave community is the sweaty tryhards and it makes it impossible to get in and complete some challenges for standing as is so a Gambit like mode is the perfect way to bridge that gap.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Just save up the universal medalions that come from disruption and get conclave rep that way.

They shouldn't let those medallions be accepted by Teshin, they need to respect the people who grinded for the skins initially and keep the conclave rewards as hard to get as it was for people like me who them through legit PvP gameplay.

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

They shouldn't let those medallions be accepted by Teshin, they need to respect the people who grinded for the skins initially and keep the conclave rewards as hard to get as it was for people like me who them through legit PvP gameplay.

They already said they were going to update them at a later point to work with the conclave so its just a matter of time now. Its not as though it will be a quick process either, it will take awhile to max your rep with them so I dont see a problem with it. But as it stands PvP is filled with nothing but the super tryhards who are to stubborn to leave and it blocks off people who may try it and turns them away from the game mode real quick. The barrier to entry is to high in any regard and they need to make it so you can get close to full rep and complete challenges against AI for standing, or make a PvEvP mode where you can also get standing. People talk about eletism on the PvE side of things but the PvP side it much worse since they are the cesspool of sweaty tryhards forming an inpenetrable wall nobody wants to go through as they slay any new comers relantlessly.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

They already said they were going to update them at a later point to work with the conclave so its just a matter of time now. Its not as though it will be a quick process either, it will take awhile to max your rep with them so I dont see a problem with it. But as it stands PvP is filled with nothing but the super tryhards who are to stubborn to leave and it blocks off people who may try it and turns them away from the game mode real quick. The barrier to entry is to high in any regard and they need to make it so you can get close to full rep and complete challenges against AI for standing, or make a PvEvP mode where you can also get standing. People talk about eletism on the PvE side of things but the PvP side it much worse since they are the cesspool of sweaty tryhards forming an inpenetrable wall nobody wants to go through as they slay any new comers relantlessly.

If you hate conclave so much then why are you here?

You're not making any sort of positive contribution...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rubbertubtub01 said:

If you hate conclave so much then why are you here?

You're not making any sort of positive contribution...

I did make some suggestions for an alternative method of getting Conclave standing did I not? I would say that ks posotive feedback. That said your right, I honestly hate PvP in warframe as is it but I make posts that DE might see so they are even more discouraged as far as making additions to the game mode. If the PvE community wants its content quicker we have to push down the boring and unpopulated game mode so they never get anything new again unless it also involves PvE integration!

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

On 2019-09-04 at 6:47 PM, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I did make some suggestions for an alternative method of getting Conclave standing did I not? I would say that ks posotive feedback. That said your right, I honestly hate PvP in warframe as is it but I make posts that DE might see so they are even more discouraged as far as making additions to the game mode. If the PvE community wants its content quicker we have to push down the boring and unpopulated game mode so they never get anything new again unless it also involves PvE integration!

This is not common knowledge, so I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as you about conclave to understand this, but the team that works on conclave isnt a large part of DE. They are two people. 

Funny, I think. That a barely functioning, hobbled together, tacked on arena shooter using PvE assets lasted longer than your beloved raids. Conclave had a larger playerbase, too. That is interesting. Id be careful about giving DE any ideas about removing game modes. It will be hard to put that genie back in its bottle.

• Like 1