Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just curiousity, simple question about wukong

IgnatiuSgaming

Yea I noticed this Celestial Twin Wukong

Yea sometimes I do solo survival or defence for leveling up weapons
Just curious, Celestial twin EXP will go to weapons or wukong?

Note : Celestial Twin EXP I mean EXP from killing mobs by Celestial twin not wukong

Edited by IgnatiuSgaming
added note

9 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

All affinity gained is split 75/25. 75% goes to your weapons (both yours and companion's if present) and 25% to your Warframe, doesn't matter how it's gained.

Are you sure about this?

I thought Wukong’s twin is considered a specter, and all Affinity it earns would go to your warframe.

Edited by (PS4)SnakeLogic

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

All affinity gained is split 75/25. 75% goes to your weapons (both yours and companion's if present) and 25% to your Warframe, doesn't matter how it's gained.

Completely untrue.

100% of Twin's kills go to your frame.

Edited by DeMonkey

46 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I'm pretty sure if this was true people would cheese the sh!t out of it AFK-leveling weapons.

57 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I've been playing this game for 6 years, for 6 years this has not been true but I keep seeing people coming back with the story you just told

this is especially fun when people try to level up weapons and bring in a nuke frame, only to be surprised everyone else levels up their weapons much faster than they do (considering their weapons gain 0% of the affinity gained from abilities, the only affinity gained on the weapons are mission affinity and affinity gained from kills from teammates)

in Warframe if you kill with an ability (not sure if Celestrial Twins kills count as ability kills) 100% of the affinity gained goes to your frame, making focus farming on nukers extremely effective and efficient (you only really need one Focus Lens) as long as you kill with abilities

10 minutes ago, sinnae said:

I'm pretty sure if this was true people would cheese the sh!t out of it AFK-leveling weapons.

well, when AFKing the AFK timer kicks in and you receiver 0 affinity

aside from that, if you are in a squad and theres a nuker running around while you are leveling weapons, my advice:
let the nuker kill everything and you will gain 75% of that affinity on your weapons (or one weapon if you unequipped the other two)

Edited by BlackVortex

43 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Doesn't the AFK affinity block kick in after 1 minute? I imagine if Wukong could level your weapons for you, people would watch Netflix and occasionally tab in, like they did for Dog Days. 

yep, if Wukong Celestial Twin kills count as ability kills, then you can level your wukong this way for 1 minute untill the AFK timer kicks in

p.s.

semi-AFK leveling has always been possible in WF, its not as efficient as actually playing, but its always been possible

back in U7 people would use sentinels to afk level 🙂

Edited by BlackVortex

Just now, IgnatiuSgaming said:

this one is my question, so he is count as ability kills or teammate kills (or whatever u say) or weapon kills

I have not tested this but its pretty easy to test
remove sentinel, go into plains or fortuna, let your twin kill mobs, extract, see where you gained exp

11 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

great because I didnt feel like putting on forma on my Wukong (and some weapon) just to check for that

ok done testing, gonna upload it to youtube
Conditions : Wukong max level, weapons lvl 15
Result : No exp bonus, EXP stuck (I mean didn't moving even twins already kill many mobs or just my eyes cant see it)
Yea sound Wukong Celestial twin kills exp goes to wukong 😞

I test it in Hydron

Edited by IgnatiuSgaming
Added some note again

29 minutes ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

ok done testing, gonna upload it to youtube
Conditions : Wukong max level, weapons lvl 15
Result : No exp bonus, EXP stuck (I mean didn't moving even twins already kill many mobs or just my eyes cant see it)
Yea sound Wukong Celestial twin kills exp goes to wukong 😞

I test it in Hydron

kind of the result I expected, thank you for testing though

Edited by BlackVortex

8 hours ago, sinnae said:

That would be pretty much impossible to pull off. After a set timeframe of inactivity (or running against a wall) you're ineligible for rewards from a mission and, outside of defense missions, you would be unable to remain within Shared Affinity range (something like 50 meters iirc for ground/open world missions) without being at the controls. The 75% share that goes to your weapons is split between every weapon you brought to the mission, including archgun (if equipped.)

We were talking about Celestial Twin, who stays near you, and even teleports to come to you if you move away too fast. The AFK stuff was already addressed - people semi-AFKed Dog Days for hours and hours watching Netflix, I guarantee you if you could actually gain weapon XP through Celestial Twin at least one enterprising forumgoer would've told us about it before now.

5 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

The 75% share that goes to your weapons

Once again for the people at the back, this is false. Kills with abilities give 100% of the gathered xp to your frame. Celestial Twin is an ability.

Affinity from your Twin's kills all go to your frame. Shared affinity is irrelevant to the thread, OP explicitly mentions "solo".

2 minutes ago, sinnae said:

I guarantee you if you could actually gain weapon XP through Celestial Twin at least one enterprising forumgoer would've told us about it before now.

Yeah, me. I tested this stuff ~2 months ago when people started talking about how kills made by the Twin don't register on the leaderboard.

Found that, whilst they don't show on the leaderboard, your frame gets xp regardless.