Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive Void Blast nerf intentional? (Still occurring since amp fix in 25.7.3)

Drex83

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or if it's intentional. I don't recall seeing anything in recent patch notes about it so here goes.

So, I often use a high status viral-arcane amp which is super great on regular enemies. Of course, this is completely and totally worthless on sentients (except for stripping their resists, anyway) Although I do wish it would just fall back to Void type if it's resisted anyhow. But, the point is, oftentimes if I go out into the plains at night not intending to do eidolon, it completely slips my mind that my amp can't kill vomvolysts!

This happens to me fairly often, and it's annoying but I usually smack their physical forms then get in their face and have to use 3-4 void blasts to kill them, it's the only thing you can do to them without your amp working properly on them. So imagine my surprise tonight, when I went out to the plains, and have not changed my gear/focus abilities around at all, and realize that void blasts are doing only 5-10% of hp damage to a level 20-22ish vomvolyst.

I'm not sure if I missed a patch note or something (my spec is all waybounds on, and all of Zenurik on except for the 2 in the upper right that stay on holding on void dash, and shouldn't otherwise effect void blast anyway) I'll also add that I don't think this is doing the wrong damage to regular enemies... maybe. I don't have numbers to compare but a void blast is still killing most level 20-25 grineer light units in 2-3 hits.

Edit: After finding more threads about recent patch stuff, I didn't hear about Void Blast in particular, however others are complaining of massive amp nerfs vs. the Eidolons. This is making me think this is a bigger bug than it seems at first glance. Perhaps the Void damage type as a whole started getting damage resistance or something?

Edit since 25.7.3: This is still occurring more or less, testing in the simulacrum still requires ~8-10 blasts to kill on average now, this isn't normal

Edited by Drex83