Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is Gauss going to be the new Wukong 1.0? looking for input from the community

(PSN)Dishinshoryuken

Greetings one and all that play the game (as well as those who just come to the forums).

As I am on XB1 (and sometimes PS4 & Switch), I have been looking at Gauss videos and it reminds me of Wukong that was great for solo playing but not much for doing things for the team (or so people said about him). With those words, I recall how I barely ever got to see Wukong in PUB. Is this going to happen with Gauss as well? Since he does not give much for team play with his speed and all his ability seem selfie style.....will he fall out of style after players get tired of going fast without a booster being around?

Curious as to what the community thinks about now and the the possible future....

Let's hear it.... thanks

I think you "misunderstood" (don't know the proper word) why Wukong was barely played, because even after his rework Wukong is still a "selfie style" warframe. He was barely played because how most of his kit was lackluster, Gauss isn't suffering from that.

• Like 8

Wukong 1.0 and now more with 2.0 is a solo gameplay with abilities for support dmg (1), health restore and movement (2), defense-armor(3), dmg (4) . Gauss is a solo speed but not is like Wukong.. to high level is realy useless, third ability make low dmg output and this is not good. Guass is good for meme not for Warframe gameplay. Sad but is so.

Wukong 1.0 yeah was realy low played but he haved usefull abilities, Gauss 1.0 no. Yes 100% dmg redution is good but exist also Adaptation mod, good re-cast 3 for "Frost" CC but this not help at long.

7 minutes ago, dw3t said:

third ability make low dmg output and this is not good.

It's not damage, it is its range that concerns me. It should have been at least 20 meters radius at rank 20. Currently it's 12. 12 is nothing. You can freeze enemies solid withing this range which is in some rare cases useful. But it is so small that you can barely rely on that. Also it's the only stationary ability in the kit. And it is purely stationary. And it's not good for a frame that should be constantly moving around charging his battery.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeaHawk said:

It's not damage, it is its range that concerns me. It should have been at least 20 meters radius at rank 20. Currently it's 12. 12 is nothing. You can freeze enemies solid withing this range which is in some rare cases useful. But it is so small that you can barely rely on that. Also it's the only stationary ability in the kit. And it is purely stationary. And it's not good for a frame that should be constantly moving around charging his battery.

Totally agree

Honestly the only potentially lackluster thing in his kit is his 3.

1 is good for getting around quick if nothing else, despite the high speed its probably the most easy to control 'dash' move.

2. is...well yeah, damage reduction, always welcome.

4. increases the speed of basically everything as well as melee damage, so yeah, straight up DPS increase.

39 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

The ability is a stationary way to fill his battery, so still meshes with his kit, and it is useful to slow/stop enemies so he can lay down fire as he moves away. It still finds its use in his play-style, and good for blasting enemies back as well, such as when you have to defend an objective or when trying to revive an ally. All in all, his abilities all have a purpose and use, especially for melee that uses Condition Overload. I wouldn't change much, except maybe let us build the Red line battery faster.

Edited by TaurusDeRoma

6 minutes ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

The ability is a stationary way to fill his battery, so still meshes with his kit

It's supposed to work that way. But it does not. It's way slower than just rushing forward. And it's nearly impossible while redlining.

7 minutes ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

such as when you have to defend an objective or when trying to revive an ally.

Just make radius better and freeze at first cast. It will be fine.

4 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

It's supposed to work that way. But it does not. It's way slower than just rushing forward. And it's nearly impossible while redlining.

Just make radius better and freeze at first cast. It will be fine.

It does freeze on first cast if redline is active, radius is a fair complaint.

1 minute ago, NoXHeart said:

You're right. That makes it better in terms of synergy. However they should not simply improve radius but make it charge the battery a little bit faster/or make redline easier to fully charge. I've been trying to fill the gauge by only casting 3 while redlining — it's impossible.

1 hour ago, TeaHawk said:

You're right. That makes it better in terms of synergy. However they should not simply improve radius but make it charge the battery a little bit faster/or make redline easier to fully charge. I've been trying to fill the gauge by only casting 3 while redlining — it's impossible.

Is this true with high power strength as well? High strength is the only thing I haven't experimented with yet. If find it odd that we can't mod a way to make charging the battery more efficient/quicker.

And to answer OP with my opinion, Wukong 1.0 was borrrrrrrrrrrring. Gauss is not.

Edited by z3us32610

1 minute ago, z3us32610 said:

Is this true with high power strength as well? High strength is the only thing I haven't experimented with yet. If find it odd that we can't mod a way to make charging the battery more efficient/quicker.

According to wiki it is not affected by ability strength. However, it requires some testing. Personally I found that the only thing that affects the battery is power duration. It seems to be longer to charge, but longer to consume as well.
To note: power strength affects minimal damage resistance at low battery level. That's it.

Hence, building this frame for strength is not a good choice.

1 hour ago, NoXHeart said:

Having to cast it twice just helps fill the battery faster, and have spare charge to consume with the fire, it still balances out, one just has to prioritize cold over fire. If the want us to use the latter, then make it consume less, or make it have synergy with the rest of the kit. On its own, it only helps add status effect for Condition Overload, which is only moderately/mildly useful.

2 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

According to wiki it is not affected by ability strength. However, it requires some testing. Personally I found that the only thing that affects the battery is power duration. It seems to be longer to charge, but longer to consume as well.
To note: power strength affects minimal damage resistance at low battery level. That's it.

Hence, building this frame for strength is not a good choice.

Yeah that's what I read too, just was curious. It seems that's the key to Gauss. Move a lot to charge the battery. I just wish we could mod to get more battery charge per distance travelled.

Oh well, still a lot of fun to use.

Gauss is a selfie style Warframe. But his three  with range in it could be used to protect points and or deal with large groups of enemies for weaker players. He doesn't buff teammates but can still be used in group play as either a distraction or crowd control. 

I think some others hit the nail on the head, wukong wasn't bad because the type of abilities he had were better in solo. He was bad because all of his abilities except defy were very bad, like worst in the game bad.

I think he won't be played as much because he isn't the best at anything but running in open world's, which have archwings. But he is still enjoyable so I doubt he will be as uncommon as wukong v1.

Well he buffs himself and debuffs enemies, that's another form of team support right there. A stronger, faster teammate that deals CC in places he's been, acting as a mobile distraction speed god laying down rapid death by gun and blade and fire and ice.

He's an assault-type Warframe who goes to the frontlines and backlines in the blink of an eye, killing just as fast or already have weakened enemies enough for your team to finish off.