Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Elusive Dakra Prime And How It's Massive Build Requirements Do Not Line Up With It's Abilities.

Lucem-Infernalem

After farming the Dakra Prime for 50+ missions I finally got my hands on the weapon. Excited to use my powerful new prime I blasted through runs of Sargus Ruk to get those 15 orikin cells and then rushed it with plat. What I have been slowly discovering is that the sword, though powerful, doesn't seem to compete with it's counterparts. Stun locking and multi hitting on top of fast swing speed and damage is all very nice but it seems like weapons with lower build requirements and higher drop rates like the reaper prime or the Orthos nearly measure up against it regardless of the low drop rate on blades and 15 orikin cell price tag. Though I am not going to say that the whole thing is under powered (it certainly isn't) I believe a small single stat buff to put it slightly ahead of the pack is warranted. Something as simple as another 5% swing speed increase or 5 more damage on regular attacks, possibly even a slight increase to crit rate would all be very effective at making this weapon more worth both the mastery and build requirements. Thoughts?

Edited by Lucem-Infernalem

well it easily has the highest base damage of any long sword. It has two polarities which is amazing, It stuns which is also amazing. And it hit several targets! YAY!

Offset by low charge damage and no standard armor ignore.

Honestly, putting the grind aside, it looks amazing and has some great stats.

Seems like a niche weapon for auto attacks not charge swinging and while it may not be the "best" weapon its pretty solid and a better reward for farming than a Latron Prime 

Edited by MortalEngine

LongSwords are getting rebuilt from the ground up very soon (supposedly), so we should see what that has in store for this class of weapon.

also, Reaper Prime and Orthos are Heavy weapons, all about pure damage per hit. Dakra is a LongSword, supposedly the inbetween of quick knives like Fangs and heavy smashing weapons like Fragor. 

Dakra is certainly one of the best LongSwords, if not the best. 

I like it, mainly because I expected nothing out of it. Because it was a longsword I expected it to be a generic longsword with slightly higher than usual base damage. But its not, its a fantastic longsword with great base damage, multihit, strong stun capability and good swing speed. I can only hope it gets better with the longsword rework.

Orokin cells arent that rare...

A lot of the problems with it are problems with non-charge builds in general. Pressure Point is still bad and there simply aren't enough strong mods to complement the weapon.

This a funny thing when De released the Pressure point with the buffs and the nightmare mods focused to charge attacks as well... atleast now we got berserk.

Edited by Dasmir

A lot of the problems with it are problems with non-charge builds in general. Pressure Point is still bad and there simply aren't enough strong mods to complement the weapon.

I Definitely agree with you on this, maybe a nightmare damage mod? We don't to my knowledge have any flat damage boosts from nightmare mods and that alone could be the boost that the dakra needs to take it to the next level.

Orokin cells arent that rare...

This a funny thing when De released the Pressure point with the buffs and the nightmare mods focused to charge attacks as well... atleast now we got berserk.

Shame that Berserk does nothing for Dakra Prime, what with the pitiful 5% base crit chance and True Steel being even worse than Pressure Point.

Edited by TheAscendedOne

The problem there is that only serrated blade damage makes a useful melee weapon anymore. That seems to be what they want to change.

it would be a great buff, no doubts, but cant compete with a modded Orthos Prime, Dual Ichor or Glaive.

It would become on par with Gram taking the 4th/5th place

Stat wise surely not best... but it will be awesome and competitive yes

Well being the best is subjective as they say ;)

However on an objective view, if the weapon is to be on par or better than the rest, it would need not only serrated blade damage but a 10 step melee combo with a new mechanic that each strike increases in strength of the previous and resets after the 10th strike. This repeats again and the average damage should be shown as the weapons actual damage.

• 2 months later...