Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Violet_Xe

"Blood Lust" Valkyr Rework Concept

So it's not really much of a secret that valkyr is a great warframe, however her builds have been focused on warcry for the longest time. I did try to write this once buuuut my comp decided to shut down and I lost all of it so take 2 of "Blood Lust". Also i was going to make one of zephyr cause I was lazy but she's actually really hard to tackle so yeah returning to valkyr.

Blood Lust is a rework based around ability synergy and making Hysteria not a healing tool. I'm hoping to drive home the idea of a primitive and berserk rage filled animal while also keeping a sophisticated reason for all her abilities to exist. I don't believe this will change how anyone plays valkyr, atleast not to my research. This is only to make her a more powerful frame in regards to her abilities. I also am going to stay as far away as possible from garuda's territory to prevent Valkyr becoming a copy of her with this rework.

Valkyr Prime
Health 300 300
Shield 150 150
Armor 600 700
Energy 150 225
Sprint Speed 1.10 1.10
Passive: Valkyr is nimble, able to recover from knockdown 50% faster and is immune to Hard Landings, landing with no touchdown delay.

Warframe Unique Exilus: Armored Shields 50% of Valkyr's current armor applies to her shields, 75% to Overshields. -10% Shield Recharge

Ability Description    Ability Features   Changes    Augment     Ability Name     {{{{{Section}}}}}

S = Affected by Power Strength       D = Affected by Power Duration
E = Affected by Power Efficiency     R = Affected by Power Range

{{{{{ABILITY 1 Ripline}}}}}

Ripline
Valkyr hurls forth a hook dragging herself or pulling them to her location for critical damage. Ripline can also be utilized as a mobility tool to traverse long distances. Consecutive Ripline casts deal increased damage.
If ripline hits an ally, Valkyr will leap onto that ally and gain 150% Parkour Velocity for 2s.
If ripline hits an enemy, Valkyr has two options.
   -Holding the 1 key drags the enemy to her location
for a ground finisher
      -Airborne targets will be tossed to the ground dealing 20% of their lost hp as damage in a small radius
   -
Not holding the 1 key makes valkyr leap onto her target's head dealing heavy damage, then slams their body down as a weapon.
      -Valkyr meets the enemy halfway midair and tossed their body down dealing 20% of their current hp as damage in a small radius.

Ripline can stack through consecutive casts increasing damage and casting speed
   -Gain 2 stacks every cast going up to 8 stacks
   -Stacks decay by 1 every 1.5s

If ripline lands on a a surface, valkyr can drag and swing herself with the desired hook.
   -Tapping 1 once will drag valkyr to target location.
   -If she holds the ripline down, valkyr can swing using ripline and moves geometrically to her hook location. As an example, 
Remove the parkour velocity drop when using ripline to make smoother transitions
Ripline can be used offhand of main weapon.
Ripline resets double jump and aim glide.
S = Increases or Decreases Ripline multiplier // Increases or Decreases HP% damage            D = N/A
E = Increases or Decreases energy drain of Ripline                                                                   R =  Increases or Decreases target rage of Ripline

NEW AUGMENT: Serrated Line
If ripline is cast on an ally or objective, A serrated line forms between the two like a link, damaging enemies that pass through it. Serrated Lines last for 18s.
While active during Hysteria, enemies who are cut by serrated line are permanently slashed.
= Increases or Decreases slash damage           D = Increases or Decreases duration of Serrated Lines
= N/A                                                                  R = N/A

{{{{{ABILITY 2 Warcry}}}}}

Warcry
Valkyr lets out a rallying cry that bolsters her allies melee speed and defenses while slowing down nearby enemies.
Only allies within range of the original cast are affected by Warcry.
Warcry Increases allies attack speed by 50%
   -Attack speed stacks with attack speed mods, passives, and arcanes.
Warcry Increases allies armor by 50%
   -Armor boost is based off the ally affected, not valkyr's own. Each buff is individual from one another
Warcry Decreases enemy speed by 30%
   -Slow cannot pass
65% effectiveness, no matter the buffs
S = Increases or Decreases slow // Increases or Decreases attack speed // Increases or Decreases armor               D = Increases or Decreases duration of Warcry
E = Increases or Decreases energy drain of Warcry                                                                                                     R =  Increases or Decreases effect range of Warcry

AUGMENT: Eternal War
While active, each melee kill in Warcry increases duration by 1.5s
While active during Hysteria, each melee kill in Warcry increases duration of Warcry by 3s
= N/A           D = Increases or Decreases Warcry time boost
= N/A           R = N/A

{{{{{ABILITY 3 Paralysis}}}}}

Paralysis
Valkyr unleashes her shields, stunning and damaging enemies around her.
Paralysis stuns enemies 8m away from her
Valkyr sacrifices 33% of her current shield to increase paralysis
   -Overshield affects paralysis

-For each 35 shields drained by paralysis, Valkyr's Paralysis increases in range by 1m
Paralysis goes through walls.
S = Increases or Decreases shield drain of Paralysis // Increases or Decreases damage of Paralysis             D = N/A
E = Increases or Decreases energy drain of Paralysis                                                                                       R =  Increases or Decreases stun range of Paralysis

AUGMENT: Prolonged Paralysis
Affected enemies are pulled towards valkyr and stunned for an extra 200% duration
While active during Hysteria, Paralysis stun gains an extra 25% duration
= N/A           D = N/A
= N/A           R = N/A

{{{{{ABILITY 4 Hysteria}}}}}

Hysteria
Valkyr imbues herself with ballistic energy transforming into a ball of furious, vicious rage to eviscerate her foes with devastating talons of energy. Leaping from foe to foe, she hunts down her pray.
While in hysteria valkyr generates a Hysterical Aura which grows over time. If an enemy is within the aura on deactivation Valkyr receives 33% of damage taken during hysteria.
Valkyr's Talons now always are channeling meaning they can gain the benefits of channeling mods without the need to actually channel.
Valkyr becomes immune to all damage, status effects, crowd control during Hysteria.
Valkyr automatically leaps to enemies up to 12m away by attacking.
Kills in Hystera reduce the size of Valkyr's "Hysterical Aura"
5% damage dealt by Valkyr's Talons are recovered as HP
Charge attacks force enemies into ground finishers

Increased finisher animation speed by 30%
Finishers deal extra damage
   -Ground Finishers deal 1
500% damage
   -Prompted finishers deal 6
000% damage
All other stats go on far too long unlike the other abilities. Check the wiki if you don't know what I mean. I'd make this far too long if I typed everything important. For the most part it's the same hysteria you all know. The main changes are in green. I also won't be putting my SDER guide because that would take up FAR too much space. So use your imagination here.
(While in Hysteria Valkyr's other abilities become enhanced)
-Ripline is always at 4 stacks and won't degrade past 4 stacks
-While Warcry is active, all enemies within the "Hysterical Aura" are affected with Warcry at 50% of it's origonal power strength
-Paralysis can be cast instantly on the move without the animation

NEW AUGMENT: Blood Lust
Valkyr gets on all fours gaining 25% baseline movement speed.
   -Valkyr runs at enemies an 40% basline movement speed if they are affected by Valkyr's Howl.
   -Movement speed is affected by speed mods, not power strength.
Valkyr can hold down hysteria for 75 energy to release a tortured howl in a radius affecting all enemies caught in the range will reduce the drain of Hysteria and pauses Hysteria briefly on kill.

-Every 2.5% on drain translates to 1 meter range.
   -Marked enemies killed pause drain for 2 seconds and lower Hysteria drain cost by 5%
   -Marked enemies killed restore 10 energy and 10 shields
   -Marked enemies take 50% more damage from physical damage

{{{{{Reasoning}}}}}

Alright so to start, her stats are perfect. If I've one gripe with them, it's that the prime is much much harder to obtain when compared to normal valkyr. You could wait over a year and not get it. such a stat boost really hurts but i'm going to ignore that.
      Valkyr's passive is also solid as it's not game breaking and is what a passive should be. It's not useless like Hydroid's passive, but it's also not as powerful as nidus with his undying. I actually thought he had something else and that was built into his kit but no. Her passive is right in the middle of useful but not so powerful it can be considered an ability.
      The exilus I wanted to provide Valkyr was made because she was the first warframe to use their own shields offensively. Hildryn wasn't first, Valkyr actually sacrificed shields to deal damage. I'm pretty sure before this damage was significant but power creep dulled it's lethal potential. Armored Shields isn't completely broken on Valkyr like it would be on other warframes, and it also makes for some interesting build variety focusing on shields rather than health. it also makes her appreciate shield frames like volt, mag, and trinity more as well. The mod also serves to protect her shields so they can actually be used for paralysis if built that way.

Now that the passive stuff is out of the way, we come to the abilities. A warning, this will be focused mostly on making paralysis more unique, upgrading ripline to a more flashy and damaging tool, and to tie everything together with hysteria making it more viable. Warcry and valkyr's main builds should remain mostly untouched and are still possible to play.

Ripline is first. I originally was going to say just have swinging, but then I did more testing and the pulling has it's perks too. We already have hypermobile abilities such as tail wind, so Valkyr could get the same treatment. You can combine swings and pulls to traverse tiles quickly through the air opening up airborne mods in case anyone wants to go down that route. I thought it would be cool to exploit the jumping to enemies mechanic, but of course her predator Garuda does that already so i needed a unique take on it.
      Garuda's main use of the first ability is to create a shield and nuke the room so I can sort of creep up and steal the leaping to ability with the two frames still being equal. While Garuda builds damage into a nuke, Valkyr cannot guarantee kill people, but deals % damage in an AoE to make her play style different. She can also use her own allies as a way to boost onto enemies and cover terrain. Honestly just a fun way for Valkyr to ride on top of people. Not powerful or weak and purely for fun.
      Taking the route of Loki's switch teleport, I wanted to mimic how DE made a trolling ability useful. So, now Valkyr can link a Ripline to her allies like a wire to cut enemies between them. Used properly, Valkyr can apply slash to enemies all over the field. The idea for this came from a new game called Astral Chain where the Legion wraps the chain around an enemy to weaken them. Taking this to warframe would be incredibly unique to her alone instead of a useless augment.

Next is warcry which remains almost completely untouched. The only thing i did to it and it's augment was lower the slow cap from 70 to 65%... that's it. This is a small cut to the ability because of it's overuse. yes abilities are made to be used but it's overshadowed almost all of her other abilities when it's meant to be a supporting cast. I want to make players use other stuff.
      Eternal war was only touched slightly to nudge you to hysteria. but if you build for duration, which many eternal war builds do anyways, you won't really notice anyways. This is only meant to include Hysteria to the augment making some use for eternal war users to care for it.

Third is paralysis which was the first ability to ever use the warframe shields offensively. Now the damage is minimal, but if we could make the shields mean something, then we look at the ability a completely different way, much like Hildryn. Valkyr has one of the largest AoE stuns now, but she cannot spam it at all and it's hard for her to keep it that large while in combat because she needs to avoid damage to do so. Without overshield suppliers, Valkyr cannot be used to her absolute fullest which means she is also open to team synergy more now.
      This is also the reason why Armored Shielding was made as her exilus mod. With Armored Shielding, Valkyr can save her shields more and also gain more layers of defense. The trade off is, this makes you build for shields to help paralysis resulting in completely different builds.
Prolonged paralysis also remains almost completely uncharged like eternal war. However in this case it's only a plus with Hysteria boosting the ability further.

Lastly we have Hysteria, the pride of valkitty. Honestly even with that said it was still pretty lack luster. All Exalted abilities have something unique to them, and yes I said abilities. not weapons. The ability activates the weapon. So far all exalted abilities grant something incredible to the user and while you could say invincibility is Valkyr's slice of the pie, is it really all that special? we have warframes that can ignore death like Nidus and Wu Kong. warframes like Loki and Ivara who stay out of harms way at all cost. Frames such as Inaros and Chroma face tank nuclear explosions and shrug it off. They aren't invincible nor do they want to be because being killable grants access to rage, arcanes, and more. It's more an inhibitor now rather than a specialty. Ranged melee waves, double exalted M3.0 staff, arrow fan, cc fists, aim bot pistols, double exalted archwing. All these things grant unique aspects to the frame's kit but Valkyr has nothing helpful.
      Valkyr's Hysteria is the ONLY exalted ability which drains energy at an increased rate and increasingly poses a threat to it's user. No other weapon can backfire, why? Well if were going to be channeling energy into the damn thing, lets actually channel energy into it. This alone makes it super unique as it allows for channeling builds to be treated as completely normal because you don't drain any extra energy outside of your comfort zone.
      Next we come to the AoE and reach issue. Valkyr has the smallest exalted ability. To fix this Hysterical Assault should be baseline, but far smaller. let her bounce to enemy after enemy without needing to place a mod for that. Excalibur can kill enemies from 20m away, Valkyr needs to get close to that enemy. Ivara can shoot an arrow, Valkyr has to bullet jump then kill. With this pounce ability being baseline she is still the single target damage dealer of the Exalted family, but she can still actually compete with the other frames.
      Lastly we have to tie in all the other abilities making you want to stay in this energy eating form. With ripline, it's not more powerful, but will feel easier to use as it always sits at 4 stacks. Warcry affects enemies at 50% effectiveness. Not too powerful, but it means that warcry users will have some reason to use hysteria, spreading warcry everywhere for some extra survivability. Third is Paralysis which could be cast without stopping. I noticed this when i was fighting but due to the finisher animation time and just the stun time in general, we may stun tons of enemies, but we lack the time to finisher them. So i cut out the waiting time completely, not too powerful but certainly noticeable and helpful for paralysis builds.

To end we've got the new Augment to replace Hysterical Assault. Blood Lust, the title of the rework. This is meant to be a risk reward system that relies on your ability to make use of hysteria t it's fullest. This will give you a new animation set and a speed boost, but the main incentive is the gamble. I noticed with ember and Valkyr, many players tend to deactivate at 50%. Well what if you had that as a resource you could manage. Spend energy to gain an attack boost and a short window to lower the hysteria drain. Essentially it's a more constrained eternal war with more damage benefits instead of time benefits. you risk staying at a high power drain to get max benefit from the howl. You can't spam it, but you can't save it.

So uh, yeah what do you think about this? Any constructive feedback would be nice.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Thats interesting and all, but only rework her first and third abilities.

Why only those? I see issues with all 4 of her abilities at present. One of her most infuriating aspects is that her claws drain far more energy than any other exalted with no extra benefits. Warcry should also be taken down a peg imo because it's detrimental to her build variety the way it stands.

11 hours ago, Violet_Xe said:

Why only those? I see issues with all 4 of her abilities at present. One of her most infuriating aspects is that her claws drain far more energy than any other exalted with no extra benefits. Warcry should also be taken down a peg imo because it's detrimental to her build variety the way it stands.

Immortality? Lifesteal? Automatic, instant-kill Finishers?

5 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Immortality? Lifesteal? Automatic, instant-kill Finishers?

I said this above, but i guess it is just an opinion on my end.

Immortality does seem nice, but to more experienced players it's an inhibitor which prevents the use of some mods and arcanes. So it has positives but being immune to all damage has it's downsides.

Lifesteal isn't really all that great anymore considering everyone has a way to get HP back. this is done via abilities, allies, weapon passives, weapon augments, or pizzas. It can't really be seen as that special of a benefit anymore, it was great before not not anymore given what we have to gain by taking damage. Also that life steal is the on hysteria is a bit weird because 1 hit brings you to full hp.
Maybe if you were vulnerable during hysteria the lifesteal would make more sense but it doesn't anymore because you can heal for over 500,000 in a single hit. it's a weird thing to throw in there now. Not to mention that the only reason people use it is lifesteal so hysteria might as well be replaced with a press to heal button.

Valkyr also doesn't get instant kill finishers. yes they do have some super increased damage, but there are two issues. you have to charge attack to get the finisher or slam attack which takes time. Only after that can you finisher. Next the fact that the finishers are what she specializes in.
Joey Zero showed this off in a video where he was asked why he doesn't use the stance for exalted blade. He was able to quickly slide into a radial blind and kill an enemy in half a second. now that blind would affect multiple enemies, which other allies can finisher. Valkyr cannot open that many enemies up into finishers and cannot share it. Also her finishers take far FAR longer to do than excalibur's chromatic blade which doesn't make much sense due to Exalted Blade being a ranged melee. it shouldn't be better in close up combat than a weapon made for close up combat.

When I said No Extra Benefits I meant it like this. Valkyr's Hysteria has nothing that REALLY stands out against her competition because what good is it to become unkillable, when you can't kill anything important yourself. This is why i suggested several changes to the ability which makes her more of a team player, opens hysteria up to more build variety, and made it unique in the sense that it's a gap closer and has a reason why it drains energy at such a stupid rate.

2 hours ago, Violet_Xe said:

Valkyr also doesn't get instant kill finishers.

It was a hyperbole. No enemy I have faced ever survived hehe

On 2019-09-04 at 3:03 AM, Violet_Xe said:

honestly, i also agree with you on this. personally, i feel that Hysteria should slowly drain Valkyr's health (let's say 1.5 health a second) as well as not providing invincibility, and only restores health (let's say, 25 health), per X number of kills (let's say 7 kills). i think that this should be done because of many reasons:
1: it makes it less worthwhile using it on a singular enemy as you won't restore any drained health back unless you get a health drop
2: it discourages using it to hack, revive, etc, as you are still vulnerable while using it. (we all do it really, lets just be honest here)
3: it encourages players to only use it when in a bind or when in a horde of enemies because they can restore health quicker than they lose it (at least normally in those situations)

however, i feel like making it have passive channeling is a must (mainly as i use a few too many channeling mods), or lowering the channeling cost from 5 to 1-2.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Kawaii Asa said:

honestly, i also agree with you on this. personally, i feel that Hysteria should slowly drain Valkyr's health (let's say 1.5 health a second) as well as not providing invincibility, and only restores health (let's say, 25 health), per X number of kills (let's say 7 kills). i think that this should be done because of many reasons:
1: it makes it less worthwhile using it on a singular enemy as you won't restore any drained health back unless you get a health drop
2: it discourages using it to hack, revive, etc, as you are still vulnerable while using it. (we all do it really, lets just be honest here)
3: it encourages players to only use it when in a bind or when in a horde of enemies because they can restore health quicker than they lose it (at least normally in those situations)

however, i feel like making it have passive channeling is a must (mainly as i use a few too many channeling mods), or lowering the channeling cost from 5 to 1-2.

I would side with this, but valkyr's a difficult topic in terms of invincibility. it's no secret DE is trying to hammer down on invincible warframes, hence the "Hysterical Aura" being added and the massive energy drain. But the fact is they didn't completely take it away. DE knows that the backlash of removing valkyr's invincibility, the original immortal, would be a massive slap to the communities face. But drainig health i'd agree with. an alternative to a 1-100% energy drain could be draining health.
   But if that's the only changes made, her play style remains the same and so do the builds, but with less hysteria. Players have no issue surviving in normal mode valkyr and even prefer it because valkyr is forced into using a claw style weapon with no range. Why would they take that over a weapon with an 8m radius. It makes no sense to do that in a game where killing enemies as fast as possible is the goal.

Thanks about the channeling 🙂 Although I feel I need to clarify this as on another thread I didn't clarify it very well and i don't think i did here either.

Valkyr's attacks are only tagged as channeling. She doesn't actually get any benefit other than her attacks being >considered< channeling damage. She can still over channel like Revenant to gain the channeling damage bonuses. This just means that she can always make use of channeling mods without needing to use the energy which should honestly be a thing given you can lose upwards of 10 energy a second even with streamline on. That should be more than enough energy to classify a weapon as channeling because normal channeling attacks use 5 energy per hit.
   Hysteria's 0-100% is really a missed opportunity that can be built on right now. I noticed this with my "Overheated" Ember rework, but rather than just saying "hey get out of the ability now" you say this instead. "Ok you can be safe and get out of the ability right now, or risk more for more damage". It feels like the 0-100% was made to punish players and rightfully so it should, but only if you're not building to maintain a 100%. Give us a reason to stay at 100% and now we have 2 unique builds and play styles for a single ability. But that's kinda diverging from the main point.
   That's what I meant by her attacks are always channeling. You don't drain any extra energy to have your attacks be considered channeling. your drain on the ability itself is the weapon's channeling drain.