Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Gauss good for?

Lazarow

Question

I know he is fast like Volt fast but he is harder to control than volt when using his 1st ability and I cant see myself using his speed anywhere as most maps are small and cramped and have crates and stuff to bump into, in openworld I would just use archwing so I dont see myself using him there too.

His second ability makes him somewhat a tank but we have armored frames for that

His 3rd ability I only like the press 3 to freeze enemies and that about it

I see no reason to use his 4th when his 1 and 4 can be replaces by volts 2 easily.

Am I Missing something or he seems boring. Im not saying 'Gauss is traaaaaaash' but I just have no idea what to use him for so providing how you play Gauss would be good. 

As of now I rather use Volt instead

Pros:

-Mastery

-Speed Volting without AOE ally effect which someone get annoyed by

-Good if you are always on the move

-Condition Overload Melee bonus statuses

Cons:

-Difficult to manage the battery in some cases

-Not practical in use speed in regular missions as most maps are small and its difficult to direction the running

-Too much ability synergy(Passive Improves shield recharge/delay. First ability add to the meter. Second ability drain meter and even more when taking damage. Third ability can add and drain the meter. Fourth ability extend meter but drains it as well while giving buffs to reload, attack speed, fire rate)

-Volt appears more managable and has Gauss' 1+4(to some point) in his 2 if built well, but Gauss can go faster and get better bonuses at a more effort cost

Edited by Lazarow
Added Pros and Cons
  • Like 1

Gauss 1 is way more easy to control than Volt speed buff IMO. You should just use the full run in corridor and large open area, and the rest of the time just tap it to get a burst of movement in one direction.

Also his run can be cancelled by pretty much anything (aiming, jumpin) which is very appreciable. You can even start to reload your weapon and break into a run without stopping the reload. 

His tankiness is not in his 2. It's in his mobility. Exactly like you don't want ro tank with Banshee and instead use her 3 to stun and rush enemies, you use Gauss speed to not being targeted and kill quickly.

His 4 is good but requires a lot of micromanagement if you want to make it go to 100%. TBH I stopped worrying about it. I just use his speed to stay over the red line but I don't force myself to build up the battery.

His 3 freeze, but you can also make use of the blast by casting fire then ice : it pulls enemies on the center of the circle and you can kill them all in one go with it.

He is a fun frame and clearly isn't bad. More versatile than he looks.