Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8faiNt

Volt needs some sort of effect on his 2

ever since the update it's just boring to use his 2 compared to gauss' 1. I feel like it is extremly dull and it doesnt feel like you're going fast at all since the legs got '' fixed ''

Before this gets hijacked by posts tut-tutting the OP for comparing Volt to Gauss: I do think there is a valid point here not because of any difference in power or whatever, but in terms of feeling: Several posts already have complained since the change to leg movement that Volt's Speed doesn't really feel quite as fast anymore, despite the actual speed bonus remaining exactly the same. I just tested this out with a max Strength build and got the exact same feeling, and I recommend anyone who doubts me to try it as well. While Gauss and Volt's speedster abilities work completely differently, and offer different advantages, I can also agree that Gauss's 1 at least feels a lot flashier and more interesting than Volt's comparatively more muted 2, particularly since Gauss can slam into enemies and walls for added effect, whereas Volt basically just moves and attacks faster. While Volt's rework in the past significantly improved him, there's probably room to update him a little more, particularly since he still has some other lingering issues (his 1 is largely redundant next to his 4 outside of Shock Trooper, for example), and that could be an opportunity to bring Speed up to more modern design standards as well.

5 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

How about we just implement it's augment into the base ability and come up with a new one?

Agree with this, or at least, make the effect of his augments just the base effect on using speed. I always run the augment on him, and having the trailing electricity really helps with the feeling of speeed, that and makes it make more sense to have the whole ability to make sharp, arching turns because your electricity. Your a different kindddd of speeeed, well, sort of. 

But yeah, adding some trailing electrical effects as a base part of the ability I think would be nice and help the feeling of it a lot. 

honestly, they should just make all of his syndicate mods stock on the volt without any modding, maybe excluding capacitance but I still think all of them should be in without any modding since they have too little affect on the game except capa. other than that I think he needs new mods

That would fairly give the edge that volt needs on his DPS builds imo 

Imagine going max strgth and also being able to give survivability to your friends and yourself. I know currently its kind of a choice and you need to sacrifice like, do i want more strength or survivability but whatever tbh volt isnt that good of a nuke when it comes to level +90's still better than most but yeah thats my biased opinion I think volt should get reworked to his mods and maybe his skills even though they are already okay

22 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

ever since the update it's just boring to use his 2 compared to gauss' 1. I feel like it is extremly dull and it doesnt feel like you're going fast at all since the legs got '' fixed ''

Gauses 1 is unwieldy at times because of having toggle sprint embedded in the skill rather that the hold and release to stop.

1. Gauss's 1 is a dash while speed is not.

2. volt has full control of himself when he uses speed. Gauss does not.

3. Volt is not a speed frame. " Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage Warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay." Gauss is.

1 minute ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Gauses 1 is unwieldy at times because of having toggle sprint embedded in the skill rather that the hold and release to stop.

1. Gauss's 1 is a dash while speed is not.

2. volt has full control of himself when he uses speed. Gauss does not.

3. Volt is not a speed frame. " Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage Warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay." Gauss is.

what are you saying right now? 

1 minute ago, 8faiNt said:

what are you saying right now? 

its easy to understand. you dont compare a non speed frame to a speed frame.

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

its easy to understand. you dont compare a non speed frame to a speed frame.

Is that why Volt's passive encouraging player to RUN. Is that why volt is themed an electric frame(you know, its fast) instead of something. Volt is literally all about moving fast, charging up passive nuking with 4 having fast reload & movement not to say he is all ABOUT MOVING his 3 isnt even stationary you can pick it up and run

saying that '' 3. Volt is not a speed frame. '' is ignorant 

also this post isnt about comparing Gauss' speed to Volt's its about giving an effect to volt's 2 so it feels like you're going fast. I really cant understand your logic to say that in the first place

''volt has full control of himself when he uses speed. Gauss does not.'' like, what does it have to do with the topic?

Just now, 8faiNt said:

Is that why Volt's passive encouraging player to RUN. Is that why volt is themed an electric frame(you know, its fast) instead of something. Volt is literally all about moving fast, charging up passive nuking with 4 having fast reload & movement not to say he is all ABOUT MOVING his 3 isnt even stationary you can pick it up and run

saying that '' 3. Volt is not a speed frame. '' is ignorant 

also this post isnt about comparing Gauss to Volt its about giving an effect to volt's 2 so it feels like you're going fast. I really cant understand your logic to say that in the first place

''volt has full control of himself when he uses speed. Gauss does not.'' like, what does it have to do with the topic?

Volts 1 is range stun, 3 is shield, 4 is range stun (all of which sets him up to turret behind his shield and take headshots) his passive doesnt fit his play style.

volts 2 doesnt need an effect imo. they didnt do enough. volt still forces speed onto others, making people run into walls, breaking melee combos, and the opt out thats there, isnt an opt out at all since "The term opt-out refers to several methods by which individuals can avoid receiving unsolicited product or service information"

you also clearly made a comparison between the 2 "ever since the update it's just boring to use his 2 compared to gauss' 1"

21 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Volts 1 is range stun, 3 is shield, 4 is range stun (all of which sets him up to turret behind his shield and take headshots) his passive doesnt fit his play style.

volts 2 doesnt need an effect imo. they didnt do enough. volt still forces speed onto others, making people run into walls, breaking melee combos, and the opt out thats there, isnt an opt out at all since "The term opt-out refers to several methods by which individuals can avoid receiving unsolicited product or service information"

you also clearly made a comparison between the 2 "ever since the update it's just boring to use his 2 compared to gauss' 1"

I didnt compare SPEED I only compared visuals. Even then Gauss' speed and volt even in a straight line is close to identical.

''Volts 1 is range stun'' wow what a surprise since a warframe all about electric stunning enemies its not like electric in this game has that ability, wait?

''3 is shield'' yeah?

''4 is range stun'' yeah?

'' his passive doesnt fit his play style.'' you couldnt be more wrong in this topic his 2 makes it charge faster. his 4 gets extra damage for the first few secs of discharge therefore also synergize with his passive.

'' volt still forces speed onto others '' just lmao. ( Octavia forces players into being invisible, Wisp can mess up your entire melee speed, Limbo can absolutely delay your game, some frames can give you invisibility. basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5YHtnuJmiA )

Its clear as day you're talking about a frame you dont even play or know how to play him and you cant accept the fact that volt is all about movement. I dont see any reason to argue further since all you do tweaking the reality of volt or telling random facts which has nothing to do with topic stop spamming the thread instead

also sorry about the ninja edit but if you cant understand its all about VISUALS you have a problem, It feels like you just want volt to be deleted I dont understand your hate against volt

35 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

~snip~

oh im sorry i forgot. im one of the few players that use more than speed (actually even then i barely use it). dont assume you know what i play.

ive also spoken against limbo, and wisp. octavia is a special case as you need to perform the actions yourself to even get the stealth. she doesnt just press 3 and you are stealthed.

i do not hate volt. again you are assuming things just because i dont like what you like or play differently than you. there is nothing to be had here. you are just upset an actual speed frame is faster than a non speed frame even though, run animation on both move at the same speed.

you have yourself a nice day ^_^.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

oh im sorry i forgot. im one of the few players that use more than speed (actually even then i barely use it). dont assume you know what i play.

ive also spoken against limbo, and wisp. octavia is a special case as you need to perform the actions yourself to even get the stealth. she doesnt just press 3 and you are stealthed.

i do not hate volt. again you are assuming things just because i dont like what you like or play differently than you. there is nothing to be had here. you are just upset an actual speed frame is faster than a non speed frame even though, run animation on both move at the same speed.

you have yourself a nice day ^_^.

'' ive also spoken against limbo, and wisp. octavia '' you didnt in this thread and yes, its not a different case mobilty in this game literally spam ctrl + space + shift therefore you do get the buff from octavia therefore ruining your rage/hunter adreneline / qt build or something else.

'' you are just upset an actual speed frame is faster than a non speed frame even though, run animation on both move at the same speed.'' this isnt even the topic, you dont even know what we are talking about oof

ironic that you are telling me not to assume things when you totally assume that Im mad cuz gauss is faster than volt? apparently? did you read the thread once again?  you just dont make any sense I dont know whats so hard to understand also I dont think its an assumption if its actually true which it is, Im %100 sure you dont know how to play volt given that your argument.

you typed random facts and that was it not even about topic glad you're done now it was getting ridiculous

3 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

I didnt compare SPEED I only compared visuals. Even then Gauss' speed and volt even in a straight line is close to identica

You could not be more wrong lol, even at 337% power strength, volt gets left in the dust by gauss using his 1.

On point of the topic, I'd be fine with them adding an electricity effect eminating from your warframe under volts 2, dont see the harm in it.

1 hour ago, Sovereign991 said:

You could not be more wrong lol, even at 337% power strength, volt gets left in the dust by gauss using his 1.

On point of the topic, I'd be fine with them adding an electricity effect eminating from your warframe under volts 2, dont see the harm in it.

they are almost identical like i said and in tilesets volt is faster gauss only able to keep up in open world other than that almost every corner or jump will benefit volt

without volt's 2 on gauss he doesnt go crazy fast

also since gauss needs to be micro managed for every corner he is not the most comfortable frame to play in a tileset still fun though

57 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

they are almost identical like i said and in tilesets volt is faster gauss only able to keep up in open world other than that almost every corner or jump will benefit volt

without volt's 2 on gauss he doesnt go crazy fast

also since gauss needs to be micro managed for every corner he is not the most comfortable frame to play in a tileset still fun though

They are not "almost identical". Gauss outuns full power strength volt WITHOUT volts buff applied to him, with it you start to not even be able to see due to the field of view constriction. There is video evidence of this being done on the orb vallis, the gauss even waits to give the volt a head start and then after he STILL passes him, he waits AGAIN, and still beats him.

Also, as for the the in inside tile sets thing, gauss can still maneuver faster, because he doesnt have volts insane momentum. If you use controlled bursts of gauss' 1 in tight quarters and full sprint with it in long straight stretches, hes better at that than volt is too.

I'm sorry all the volt mains that play him for speed are having their temper tantrums because a faster frame is out, but thats just the facts. Volt is still better for tridolon and for ESO farm.

2 hours ago, Sovereign991 said:

Also, as for the the in inside tile sets thing, gauss can still maneuver faster

doubt it.

people are overrating new things just like always once the hype fade away we wont have those convos

those opinions far too biased except a fact that gauss can pass volt in a straight line and thats about it like i said only superior at open world which volt werent used in the first place so when you compare the speed to actuall gameplay volt still wins. i mean.. even wukong is better than gauss at tilesets when it comes to speed.

Gauss requires manuel turns literally you have to micro manag all your sharp turns, you need to actually think and time the corners so when volt and wukong have that edge on gauss, gauss' just a bit of speed becomes irrelevant but yeah ppl can have opinions 

Dont agree on temper tantrums i mean.. I was hyped for gauss lmao. I like speed in this game. Literally if a frame can be fast. Its good enough for me.

23 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

doubt it.

people are overrating new things just like always once the hype fade away we wont have those convos

It's funny how I've totally sussed out this isn't about giving volt additional fx on his 2, that was just your in to complain about the new frame being faster than volt. Because you seem to have A LOT more responses being mad about people talking about how volt isnt about speed and gauss is. You didnt even comment on my take on adding effects to volts 2 lol

38 minutes ago, Sovereign991 said:

On point of the topic, I'd be fine with them adding an electricity effect eminating from your warframe under volts 2, dont see the harm in it.

What do you want me to say about this?  I want effects you are okay with effects, whats there to argue? however you were talking about speeds which I corrected you. as far as it goes thats speculation I mean I even said that I was hyped for gauss. I dont see what you're trying to say. I clearly said that I like speed and anything related to speed in this game. which is the opposite of your reply that was implying that the topic is all about gauss vs volt's speed, which wasnt. and to be fair there's nothing to talk about effects the suggestion pretty much goes to Devs If they think its necessary to keep volt a bit ''fancy'' they would

and tbf I didnt even wanna talk about volt vs gauss at the first place since almost any opinion that saying gauss is better than volt at speed hardly even played volt in their life. big example above, dude didnt even know that volt's passive completing other abilities IF i were to have that convo It wouldnt be here It would be somewhere with more knowledgeable players. No offense thats just true however im not saying that you dont know the game or anything just pointing out something

ps: even in the actual thread I openly said it is boring to use volt over gauss  which implies that Im having fun using gauss 

So volt ready has a super op aspect to his 2, it grants extra melee attack speed.  Being that melee is the most powerful nuke in the game (if you invest in it), this is nothing to sneeze at.

I do miss volts old animation and do not like the new one. 

That said, he already is so much better than cause for so many things it's not like there is any contest between them.

Remember, guass only feels fast... he's not actually fast... that would be wukong and nova.

Guass is just smoke and mirrors.  He is handy and fun, but like a lot of recent warframes he doesn't really have a good niche, but is rather "pretty good at a lot of stuff".  

Frankly I thibk we need more enemy types with new challenges to respond to warframes and more game modes so other warframes can find good homes to have an excuse to take them out of the closet.