Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki's Invisibility, Not Invisibility Anymore

yarash2110

Now idk what changed, but now everytime i go invisible, EVERYONE KEEPS SHOOTING, and i know its not the fix of invisibility making the player invincible, because it dosent matter how much i move, hoe much i try to get of their line of fire they keep hitting me and knowing right where i am, now its not horrible, it dosent make the skill usless at all, some enemies do ignore you and will jeep shooting where they saw you the last time, but still, i think it could be so much more usefull,then how it is now, please fix it, thank you for reading,

Two things:

1. If an enemy aquires you as a target and begins firing, they won't lose you until their programmed/scripted firing sequence ends.

a) Ie. Everytime a MOA fires, he fires 15 rounds at you. If you invis after the MOA fires at you twice, he will remain locked on until after the 15th shot where in he will lose you as a target and walk away.

2. Your Sentinel does not go invis when you do.

Oh dear!  Invisibility isn't automatically a 'drop all aggro 'button!  FIX IT NAO!!!!!

Whine whine $#*(@ *@##$ moan...and so on.

:P

A true ninja adapts and overcomes.  They don't whine about their mistake of ever being seen in the first place.

Edited by Xenrax

Oh dear!  Invisibility isn't automatically a 'drop all aggro 'button!  FIX IT NAO!!!!!

A true ninja adapts and overcomes.  They don't whine about their mistake of ever being seen in the first place.

Read my post.

If the script is to blame and it looks/feels wrong, then it should be fixed. It's not about whining, it's about coding behavior to flow correctly.

don't be rude, you know what im talking about and you know that invisibility SHOULD MAKE YOU INVISIBLE, what do you expect? Invisibility makes it so you can't see yourself! Use it wisely! It NEEDS to drop all agro, thats what it was made for and thats what invisibility does,

Now idk what changed, but now everytime i go invisible, EVERYONE KEEPS SHOOTING, and i know its not the fix of invisibility making the player invincible, because it dosent matter how much i move, hoe much i try to get of their line of fire they keep hitting me and knowing right where i am, now its not horrible, it dosent make the skill usless at all, some enemies do ignore you and will jeep shooting where they saw you the last time, but still, i think it could be so much more usefull,then how it is now, please fix it, thank you for reading,

well i dont have a loki but i do have ash and when i use invisi they dont know where i am but they can still hit me wich is not a problem i actually like that bullets dont just go right through me you sure thats not what happening to you aswell?

well i dont have a loki but i do have ash and when i use invisi they dont know where i am but they can still hit me wich is not a problem i actually like that bullets dont just go right through me you sure thats not what happening to you aswell?

as i said idc about not being invincible while invisible but the enemies keep track of where i am

Admittedly the Loki has some minor bugs in regards to the Sentinel, or at least the player base assumes its a bug, but really there's no bloody reason why an army of enemies should turn around and look stupidly away from the spot where you vanished. Ideally they'd use a spray-n-pray mentality until they can reacquire the target since you can't have gotten 'that' far away from yer spot...unless you use the rest of your skills.

That said server side scripts in this case are tied directly to your host, just like the Nekros undead bugs or the Saryn tumor effects, there gonna fire when your PC registers with the hosts that something happened. Its physically impossible to clean up Netcode to the point where your always going to have an ideal connection without investing the millions in budget on standing up dedicated servers.

Invisibility should promote stealth, not be the overpowered 'instantly drop all aggro no matter what' button that it was before.

You should be forced to find someplace to hide, then pop invisibility, then quickly move past the enemies that were tracking you to a different spot until they realize they can't find you.  Then you can ambush them again.

We'll see what the devs decide but I doubt this is on their priority list.  :P

Invisibility should promote stealth, not be the overpowered 'instantly drop all aggro no matter what' button that it was before.

You should be forced to find someplace to hide, then pop invisibility, then quickly move past the enemies that were tracking you to a different spot until they realize they can't find you.  Then you can ambush them again.

We'll see what the devs decide but I doubt this is on their priority list.  :P

Why find somewhere to hide? You're turning invisible. They can't see you and shouldn't be able to follow you while you are invisible. You don't need a hiding place when you can hide in plain sight. It's ok if they keeps shooting at your last known position, but not if they follow you while the ability is still on. That completely breaks the ability. It should be renamed "Give enemies fairly bad accuracy" the way it is.

Also, your first response to the thread was very childish and rude. It's not whining, it's feedback on something that got broken along the way and should be fixed to its previous working state.

Yes, because that wouldn't make Ash's paltry 8 seconds of invisibility useless at all.  Cause there's always going to be ample hiding places 2 feet away from every enemy, am I right? 

Besides, if you get caught out in the open with Loki, you can just absorb enemy bullets until you find a hiding spot.  After all, Loki is pretty tanky, right?  It's not like he needs any other survival mechanism. 

Imagine this: You are a genetically modified clone soldier in greatest army in the solar system packing some of the heaviest armour and weapons. After training half of your short life you fail the selection for special forces and get stuck on a dead end job partolling the steamy smelly corridors of a capital warship. Your disappointed in yourself thinking that you could have been on some exotic world shooting box headed runts. Or mutated flesh monstrosities. Or even a tenno. A smallish figure with 2 horn like protrusions on his head interrupts your delusions and empties his revolvers into 2 of you squad mates. You can't believe you luck, a wild tenno has appeared. The tenno vanishes in a slight haze just as you level your rifle but you don't care. You open fire anyway, the last time you squeezed a trigger was back in basic marksmanship at the academy. It doesn't matter if you can see it, it's probably still there and not completely bullet proof. 

Sometimes you need to see from the eyes of your enemy

Know your enemy and know yourself and never lose in a hundred battles.

Sun Tzu

Imagine this: You are a genetically modified clone soldier in greatest army in the solar system packing some of the heaviest armour and weapons. After training half of your short life you fail the selection for special forces and get stuck on a dead end job partolling the steamy smelly corridors of a capital warship. Your disappointed in yourself thinking that you could have been on some exotic world shooting box headed runts. Or mutated flesh monstrosities. Or even a tenno.

This isn't even remotely consistent with the lore.  The Grineer aren't genetically modified (at least not intentionally), and they only have so many tech implants (which contributes to their armor score) because half of their internal organs are probably either malformed, dead, or missing entirely.  They also don't train for extended periods, because they aren't supposed to be the best soldiers in the solar system. 

The Grineer's entire philosophy is mass production.  They just churn out an endless supply of identical clones and hope that the majority of them can stand straight and fire a gun in a general direction.  I'm not even sure what a typical Grineer's mental capabilities are.  They can seemingly communicate and reason at a decent level, but thousands (millions?) of years of genetic deterioration has to have reduced their mental capabilities along with their physical ones. 

Yes, because that wouldn't make Ash's paltry 8 seconds of invisibility useless at all.  Cause there's always going to be ample hiding places 2 feet away from every enemy, am I right? 

Besides, if you get caught out in the open with Loki, you can just absorb enemy bullets until you find a hiding spot.  After all, Loki is pretty tanky, right?  It's not like he needs any other survival mechanism.

i can't say it better... Thank you

So you keep getting locked onto by Invisibility, a skill that's supposed to make you invisible to enemies, so they don't know where to shoot.

But they do, so they keep shooting you.

And people are complaining about this, because they think Invisibility shouldn't be a drop-all aggro button?

Isn't that what invisibility is?

Nobody can even see you, how can they maintain aggro?

Pop it, the drop out of there, people will be none the wiser.

They even coded this well, by making enemies shoot where you USED to be when you turned invis, to try and make it seem more realistic.

What are people like Xenrax complaining about?

I think it's jealousy.

Just cause you lost your link.

Either way, this is probably your sentinel, as all other people said.

Especially if you have a sentinel like the Dethcube, who just keeps shooting anyway.

My advice, use Shade.

He doesn't attack unless they attack you

If you're invisible, he won't draw aggro.

Also, if you're near enemies, he'll pop Ghost and invis himself as well.

Much more useful for Loki Gameplay,

Kinda makes sense.

I certainly wouldn't stop shooting if I saw someone disappear in thin air. If I was the enemy I would be shooting all around me to ensure i hit. 

--------------------------------------
EDIT:
I am not going to excuse the enemy's perfect accuracy on a mobile just-invis'ed Loki though. I see your point OP. 

-------------------------------------
Here's a tip: 

Invis before you bounce into combat. 

Oh, and use Radial Disarm often. Can't be shot if the enemy can't shoot! 

Loki is fine. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Here's a tip: 

Invis before you bounce into combat. 

Oh, and use Radial Disarm often. Can't be shot if the enemy can't shoot! 

Loki is fine. 

And what precisely is Ash supposed to do?  This problem effects him too, and he can't disarm enemies or go invisible for long periods of time. 

And what precisely is Ash supposed to do?  This problem effects him too, and he can't disarm enemies or go invisible for long periods of time. 

Use his ultimate. For the duration he is invulnerable and his shields regenerate back up. Plus Smoke Screen stuns. Or you could teleport to a friendly, probably the only use teleport has. 

Use his ultimate. For the duration he is invulnerable and his shields regenerate back up. Plus Smoke Screen stuns. Or you could teleport to a friendly, probably the only use teleport has.

so you are saying dont use invisibility problem solved? Well thats with ash! With loki you say use invis for no reason, its not a solution, his invisibility is long but it dosen't solve the problem that if i am going to die in a second (and didn't jump in to battle a second ago) invisibility wont do anything...

Way to take my entire post out of context, I'm betting your strawman is running out of it's fill by now.

Now your entire reply tells me that Ash is not the problem, you are. DE can't fix you. If you were clever enough to jump into a situation that may get you killed, jokes on you when you thought you could get out of it by popping SS. 

BTW I am sure you missed it, but Smoke Screen stuns surrounding enemies in a 8-10 meter radius, which can be increased with stretch, so Ash is already better off than Loki in that regard.

And to answer your question, YES. If invisibility is not a viable option to get you out of a pinch, and you will die if you can't rely on it, rely on your other abilities. This is @(*()$ ABC steps, why do you insist on DE 'fixing' it to make you bypass them? This game does not cater towards people with a thought process malfunction.