Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Chroma Rework Idea

(XBOX)AD Symmetry

Psst...hey, Wanna give Mr. "Press 3 and 4" a makeover? Sweet, me too...I'm gonna try my best to do some cool things to his kit, so stick around...maybe grab a beverage? Make yourself comfortable.

So. His fundamental stats do not need adjustment... we won't change that... even though I would love to move his armor from 425 to 500 and that small of a change really wouldn't change how he plays like...at all. 

Stats: Pulled straight from the Wiki and unchanged

Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)
Shield: 100 (300 at rank 30)
Armor: 425
Energy: 200 (300 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.15

Passive: Elemental Alignment: Chroma's energy type is changed by his emissive color. Not changing anything here.  While flying, enemy accuracy vs Chroma is reduced based on how high off of the ground he is, capping out at -55%.

1st: Draconian Might: (alright... let me look through the name bank for a better ability name, because I know we've got something better than "Spectral Scream". I mean really? Where's the creativity? Dragons can do a lot of cool shi't. Hmm...well he is a dragon... so... Draconian Might seems better. Yeah, let's go with that.)

Okay...yikes. This first ability needs some sugar... and I think I know how to do it. So. Instead of it doing... what it does, how about it does the following instead?

Based on elemental alignment
-Fire is a sustainable breath of legendary Dragon Fire to set enemies alight with ; enemies with armor have its metal heated and warped, reducing the armor's effectiveness. (And please, make it look like Actual Fire...I have my particle settings all the way up and it still looks like he's projectile vomiting yesterday's lunch instead of you know...breathing fire.

-Ice is not a breath, but a conical wave of cold energy forward that gradually slows all enemies caught until they freeze. While frozen, enemies take +50% more damage from all sources. 

-Electricity can either be two things. Either press and release to Manifest his ethereal wings and with a hard flap, releasing a spherical wave of electricity that jolts the nerves of enemies, inflicting stun status. Or press and hold to manifest his ethereal wings and flap them hard, releasing the wave of electricity and launching himself upwards to the height of an upward bullet jump.

-Toxin is an explosion of toxic gas erupting from Chroma's body that simmers into a channeled aura of gas that follows Chroma. The aura can be charged up before exploding to life, doing a flat damage number before proceeding to do damage over time to those still in range. The charge will drain energy directly and increase the aura's damage per tick at a rate of +1.65% per point of energy consumed. This scales with power strength mods. Spend too long inside the aura and they will be afflicted by a viral status alongside the toxic damage ticks.

Alright, the second and third ability seem fine. People seem to like it, so i won't change those, but now that 4th ability; Effigy, was it? Yeah, that's got to go. I mean seriously? Which dragon have you seen take off it's skin, which has legendary durability and is the source of their insanely high defense and use it as a...turret? What? Nah chief, let's try the following instead.

Dragon's Reign: Manifest Chroma's Ethereal Wings and take to the skies, fully evoking the dragon within. The higher in the air Chroma is, the bigger the range of his 3rd and 4th abilities.

Dragon's Reign allows Chroma to summon a large typhoon of chosen elemental energy on the ground at the point of his reticle that does that element's damage and ragdolls them within the confines of the typhoon. The damage escalates the longer it is active but it's energy consumption also increases. It does a flat damage of 1500 on startup, then it does 2.3% total enemy hp as damage per second. this will keep increasing every 5 seconds by 1.7% until the duration of the ability ends. When the ability ends, the typhoon will disperse with one final burst that does the flat 1500 damage again.

---Flying changes the attacks of Draconian Might in the following ways.

-Fire becomes a large and lengthy cone of Dragon Fire breath that proportionately expands until it hits the ground. (Again...please make it look like actual fire...)

-Ice becomes a shard of ice that Chroma fires from his hands that, upon impact with a surface, will flash-freeze all enemies in range, but will no longer offer the damage increase versus the frozen enemies. The freeze will also hold them for less time, but when they unfreeze, they will be confused. (because if you get frozen solid, then all of a sudden you're back to normal, you *will* be super-confused and disoriented.)

-Electricity remains the same spherical wave of electricity but it is set off by chroma flying to the ground and landing with a stomp before immediately returning to the air. The further he has to fly to get to the ground, the bigger the range of the electric wave. Stunned enemies will maintain an electric current within them that will be passed along to any fresh enemies that enter their vicinity, stunning them as well.  the stunning current can jump twice from enemy to enemy before attenuating and becoming unable to pass along again.

-Toxin becomes a barrage of about two dozen dragon scales fired that lock on to enemies in their path. Every scale is a guaranteed toxin status and stack their damages over time. If more than half a dozen scales hit one enemy, they are afflicted with viral status.

**************And that's all! These changes are all mechanically based and already existing numbers (range, duration or damage)can be decided by DE if they choose to take up these ideas...mainly for simplicity since I have already offered many changes to the way his abilities work already. That being said, if you made it this far, thanks for reading. If you feel so inclined, feel free to leave your opinion or constructive criticism.*****************

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205