Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Nova - Player Spaming Kills

n3kro5515

Ok a lot of people is thinking the same, it is just anoying, you know playing a defense or any other mission, then a nova player press a button and puff all dead, some players are polite and stop doing it, some others just give a crap and stole all the kills.

Or maybe, if there where a chance where the host could have the power to kick any other player that would be awesome, Im just saying, I know it is a huge deal, because some players may abouse of this. Because Im not gonna deny it when things get difficult, it helps, but please dont use it from the first wave on Xini I mean is pathetic and anoying.

I know a lot of nova users will get angry but cmon, lets be realistic, geting 300 kills for just pressing the same button 20 times is not something to be proud, just spamming the kills, if any nova user want to do a great score got solo, let us the team players do what we like to do, share the experience of killing enemies.

Who gives a F*** about kill in this game you dont get anithing for having more kill then others if you realy care about kills then your pathetic and  get lost and  go back to cod 

on the note for nova nerf you do realise saryn rhino and ember can also spam 4 to kill everything 

Edited by BlackJackD

You know, you get more exp when Novas spam M Prime in defense/mobile defense (if they're not at the spawn points)?

Stop complaining.

This. When you yourself get a kill, you get experience for your 'Frame and the weapon you used. When Nova uses MP, everything you're using gets experience. Also, if you're the one that triggered the explosions, you get a kill yourself. 

Another thing - if Nova can "push a button and puff all dead" you aren't playing on a very high level. Her MP only triggers the explosion on it's own until ~45 I believe. 

How your team-mates kill things is irrelevant. You get 25% split between warframe and the three weapons whether they kill with a sidearm or they kill with M.Prime.

A lot of people are catching onto this and i'm seeing 4 spam be more rare than ever, since people know if they use 4 they forfeit all weapon exp for themselves. You should be grateful if you are leveling a weapon and get a 4-spammer, its much less painful than 4 people using rank 2, non-potatoed weapons.

Nova stealing your kills? Do what i do. Steal them from her. Grab yourself an Ember and see if you got what it takes to out kill a Nova on low level enemies. Sounds fun huh?

There is something amazingly satisfying about taking the "Worst Frame" and beating the one that everyone is screaming to Nerf. And if you can't do it, Dont sweat it, you will eventually. Think of it as specialized training, Training where everyone wins :)

As an occasional Nova user, I can verify this is kind of annoying, at least with Novas that don't know how to USE M Prime.  Often they'll just spam it through the first wave until everything is dead, whereas I actually wait for everything to bunch up on the pod and then there's a beautiful gold explosion with bodies and sparkles and everything.

I don't think it needs nerfed, people just need to learn how to use it without spamming it.  It's a whole lot more satisfying to cast it once and kill EVERYTHING than have to cast it four times to do the same thing.

I can't stand M Prime simply because I like playing the game.  

Having everything in what feels like an infinite range drop dead if I'm not fast enough to get in there and kill before its used is annoying. I like the run and gun action, not standing around watching meters go up - I'd play some mobile game if that were the case.

I understand there are a lot of people who don't actually seem to care about the great action warframe offers, and are more concerned about getting 'stuff' as fast as possible...but I'm not one of them.  I want to run and gun, kill everything, slide hide and pounce.

Ok a lot of people is thinking the same, it is just anoying, you know playing a defense or any other mission, then a nova player press a button and puff all dead, some players are polite and stop doing it, some others just give a crap and stole all the kills.

Or maybe, if there where a chance where the host could have the power to kick any other player that would be awesome, Im just saying, I know it is a huge deal, because some players may abouse of this. Because Im not gonna deny it when things get difficult, it helps, but please dont use it from the first wave on Xini I mean is pathetic and anoying.

I know a lot of nova users will get angry but cmon, lets be realistic, geting 300 kills for just pressing the same button 20 times is not something to be proud, just spamming the kills, if any nova user want to do a great score got solo, let us the team players do what we like to do, share the experience of killing enemies.

Fundamentally, this is a problem with all frames with powerful ults, including Rhino, Saryn, arguably Excal, amongst others. Before Nova, the killstealers used Saryn and Rhino.

Nerfing Nova won't help at all, it'll just have 4 spammers switch back to Rhino or Saryn.

And if you absolutely have to nerf Nova, making M-Prime a power in use ability ala chaos will put the brakes on spamming without destroying the balance that Nova currently enjoys.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Nova stealing your kills? Do what i do. Steal them from her.

Yeah, that is my method too sometimes.. just run behind them and as soon as I see a mob, dive into them and rhino stomp them into the ground, rinse and repeat.. It makes them nervous and it makes them call me names in chat, to which I reply: "yeah, isn't it annoying how people spam their uber next to you" and that shuts them up, generally.

Sadly, however you look at this, there's always going to be inconsiderate pissfingers. WHether that is the rushers that finish the level before you even get halfway through, leechers that just hide and then stay AFK for the remainder of the run, lazy cows that just spam their uber and think they are awesome...

There are days where I abort more missions because of these as.. cun... err.. players.. then I actually get to play.. Its then I generally turn my mission button to "solo". I love playing coop, at times, but when it turns I might as well go AFK myself for all the input I'm able to give, I'm not interested at all.

TO all players belonging to the rushers/uber-spammers: you can also choose the solo option if you're not going for teamplay. But I guess you cowards need the backup in case your fast but ultimately fragile frames get hammered.. If perchance this happens and a rhino comes by that stomps you in the face in stead of revives you: that's me telling you how if you play alone, you die alone.

[/rant]

(oooh, satisfying, we need more of these threads... >;p)

I can't stand M Prime simply because I like playing the game.  

Having everything in what feels like an infinite range drop dead if I'm not fast enough to get in there and kill before its used is annoying. I like the run and gun action, not standing around watching meters go up - I'd play some mobile game if that were the case.

I understand there are a lot of people who don't actually seem to care about the great action warframe offers, and are more concerned about getting 'stuff' as fast as possible...but I'm not one of them.  I want to run and gun, kill everything, slide hide and pounce.

If you are leveling a rank 6, unpotatoed Sicarius or something for the mastery, it isn't fun. Really, weapon leveling without both a potato and a V polarity is pretty awful.

Someone is leveling your weapons and sacraficing thier affinity gain and you're complaining about them being a #$&(% and stealing all the kills which mean absolutly NOTHING??

Stop whinning and thank the person next time you meet them. They boost your affinity gain and loot drops.

Kills may mean nothing to you, But they do to me. I have everything i want in the game, my only challenge left is that leaderboard. Right now im in the top 600, working my way up. But when i really want kills and kills only, I solo anyway. So Nova really doesnt matter to me at all.

Someone is leveling your weapons and sacraficing thier affinity gain and you're complaining about them being a #$&(% and stealing all the kills which mean absolutly NOTHING??

Eeeh.. I thought the whole idea of playing a shooter is that, you know, that you get to shoot things. If it turns out I don't get to shoot anything because of uber-spamming, why shouldn't I just sit back and have a coffee (only to be shouted at because: afk)? In other words: why should I play at all? Or is this game all about getting stuff and leveling it? because then I'm SO not interested. Then I might as well go and play with barby dolls.

It's not so much about having the kills as making them. It's like you go out fishing, for sports, and before your eyes a trawler comes by netting all the fish in the pond. It's not about the amount of fish they eventually get, it's about how getting out my fishing rod and gear turns out to be a complete waste of time.

edit: "sacraficing thier affinity gain"

heh, you had me for a moment there... but then I realized, the amount of people who uber-spam so they can 'sacrifice their affinity' for the good of the team is most likely incredibly small. I'm NOT buying it. It's a byproduct of their love for the 4 key, it's not their initial intent.

Edited by ComCray

edit: "sacraficing thier affinity gain"

heh, you had me for a moment there... but then I realized, the amount of people who uber-spam so they can 'sacrifice their affinity' for the good of the team is most likely incredibly small. I'm NOT buying it. It's a byproduct of their love for the 4 key, it's not their initial intent.

I didn't say they did it out of the good of their heart. They do it because they either aren't aware of how affinity works or aren't leveling weapons at the time, so it doesn't matter whether they kill with a weapon or M-prime.